Styxx for CSM 18

Let’s do a short story instead of the standard 10-minute read others in this forum feel is warranted to show they are CSM Eve-worthy. My short story, is that I’ve played Eve actively, with no breaks in time played, since June 2003. That is 20 years of continuous Eve experience which no any other candidate can match. I’ve done or am currently doing: the wormhole life thing, High, Low, or Null sec space life with missions and null sec pvp and I have not limited myself to just a couple forms of Eve life as other candidates have. I have always had at least one active character in each of the three security spaces throughout the years and play each almost every day.

My knowledge base is pretty much the entire Eve game and not limited to just one or two areas like most of the other candidates. Even after 20 years in Eve I still mine, build ships and modules, do incursions, mission, pvp, do exploration, and pve in all areas of security space all the time. I am most likely the only person running for CSM that can say that they have done almost everything there is to do in eve at least once and have done it not just for one day, or one month but have done it for years through all the changes put in place by CCP for each portion of the game. I think that is the sort of Eve knowledge and player you want on the CSM to get your point across and know what he is talking about from experiences in the game. As a fyi, I also have been in the longest active and running 1-man Alliances and corporations in game.

Things I would like to advance include making small fleet engagements viable and easy to have again, easier ways to find pvp engagements and being able to play for say 90 minutes and have fun actually doing something productive in game. Having read that you probably should read the next paragraph to see what actually happens during a CSM term in my opinion. I like to help new players in game so that they stay and play. One of the many things I do in game to facilitate this is randomly drop cans of free stuff on gates just for my own entertainment and yours because everyone wants free isk and mods and if this keeps just one new player playing for just one more day that you can shoot it is worth it. I also make a new toon every 6-8 months to see what it is like to be a rookie in eve space and I help people in rookie chat asking questions that are lost.

So why am I applying for the CSM again you ask. Well as we all know; most candidates feel that they can push their CSM platform agenda items forward on the table when we know CCP already has a list of agenda items in place for the future CSM term so most platform ideas candidates list may not even be touched during a CSM term. CCP is mainly looking for ways to improve the ideas they have in development process. I want to help them in that capacity as much as possible so the game idea they have doesn’t end tragically for the community. Also, at same time, I feel we together should ask to add things to their game timeline that we feel should be addressed as soon on the timeline as possible.

As from what you can expect from me is to listen to you as to what you think is and is not working in game. I’m not here just trying to help new players stay I also want to help all of us 20-year vets enjoy the game more also.
That is 6 minutes or reading, depending on your read speed, thanks for your time.
VOTE STYXX.

4 Likes

@Styxx would you back any idea mentioned below as CSM member?

1. Insane idea - pay with PLEX in NES for extra dev time
  2. Quafe+ is from "biomass" (...or corpse reprocessing)
  3. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - Better Visibility Of Other Players’ PI Networks
  4. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - 13 requests for Stack Split enhancment since Jun’18
  5. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - PI KB-shortcuts for toggling between groups of structures
  1. What Is CCP getting right?

2. What is CCP getting wrong?

3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?

4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?

5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?

6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?

7. How would you improve PI?

8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?

2 Likes

Will you oppose RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means, Styxx?

As I read your post, it makes me think of the young man who studied for 20 years, and finally graduated from elementary school.

I do not say this to be cruel, or mean; however, simply making bold statements about how you are the best candidate simply because you have been around the longest makes me think of all these 90 year old politicians that say the same thing.

I won’t vote for you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.