CSM 15: Styxx

My short story if you have a short attention span: I’ve played Eve actively, with no breaks in time played, since June 2003. That’s 17 years of continuous Eve experience which no any other candidate can match. Also, my Eve experience hasn’t just been in wormholes, High, Low, or Null sec space as many others running have limited themselves to. In fact, I have always had at least one active character in each of the three security spaces throughout the years and play each almost every day. Working from home has its Eve playtime advantages, you should give it a try if you can. Before Eve Online I played Privateer, then Earth & Beyond till it sadly came to its termination. Seems like my whole life has been spaceships games.

My knowledge base is pretty much the entire Eve game and not limited to just one or two areas like a majority of the other candidates. Even after 17 years in Eve I still mine, build ships and modules, do incursions, PI, run L4 missions, faction warfare, pvp, do exploration, and pve in all areas of security space all the time. I am most likely the only person running for CSM that can say that they have done almost everything there is to do in eve at least once and have done it not just for one day, or one month but have done it for years through all the changes put in place by CCP for each portion of the game. I think that is the sort of Eve knowledge and player you want on the CSM to get your point across and know what he is talking about from experiences in the game. I have experienced basically every facet of eve mechanics over and over first hand with all its changes. I’m not some Eve big bloc voted in candidate looking out for only his group of people in a certain section of space. These qualities alone obviously set me apart from other candidates. I’ve never looked for fame in the game and I have made many new friends in the game. Getting elected isn’t just some play to make me feel good about myself or some ego trip to justify all the subscription dollars I’ve spent over 17 years. I genuinely just want to share with CCP what you and I feel could help the game the most at this time.

I don’t stream on Twitch, I don’t have a film crew and writers helping me make a CSM election commercial, I don’t own a boom mic, and I have never been banned from any game. I don’t think one or all of those items makes you a good CSM member. One of several things you can expect from me though is I want to help new players in game so that they stay and play. One of the many things I do in game to facilitate this is randomly drop cans of free stuff on gates just for my own entertainment and yours because everyone wants free isk and maybe it keeps a player playing for just one more day that you can shoot at that extra day he plays.

So why am I applying for the CSM you ask. Well I’m grown tired of all the same candidates getting in and as far as I see they haven’t done much in 14 CSM’s do really make the game much better. I think many, if not all, of the previous candidates felt that they could actually push their agenda items forward on the table when as we know CCP already has a plan in place for the future. CCP is mainly looking for ways to improve the ideas they have in development process. I think any person or candidate should help them in that capacity as much as possible so the game idea they have doesn’t end tragically for the community. Also, at same time, I feel we together should ask to add things to their game timeline that we feel should be addressed as soon on the timeline as possible.
As from what you can expect from me. Well I could just copy and paste all the previous things said here on the forums from all the other candidates running because they all say the same thing which is, they will work for you to make the game better and listen to you. Of course, I would do that also but that is just common sense if you’re on the CSM but you don’t have to be on the CSM to make the game better than it is. You can post your game change thoughts and complaints on social media for people and CCP to see or help someone out in chat asking for help running a mission. I’m not here just trying to help new players stay I also want to help all of us 17-year vets enjoy the game more also. o7

1 Like

That isn’t exactly a good thing for an Eve Player. You also don’t need a film crew and a boom mic to make a CSM commercial. You need to put out something even if it’s bare minimum otherwise your candidacy will get lost in the noise.

…but it helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is your favorite COSMOS mission?

1 Like

It’s good to see that you are part of the 2% that actually knows that Cosmos mission exist. That’s pretty impressive. I ran two faction missions in high sec only a long time ago. I found other things to do in eve after doing them and getting standings to run them was more of the hassle than they were worth in my opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.