RR Dominix for C3 and other similar places

Been tinkering with a dual Dominix RR setup as follows and have some thoughts about the support Dominix.
Resist/dda -modules are just placeholders for now will be needed to change for better resist profile later on which will reduce the number of ddas:(
Also drone configuration will be altered to better suit the task i’m thinking getting involved in.

But besides that^^, could i drop the omnidirectional and sensor booster for web/scram/TD from ship 2, without ship 1 getting diminishing effect on the drones assigned to it?
Sensor booster on ship 2 i’m quite sure i can get rid of without any consequences for ship 2. It doesn’t need range as such since ships will be in range anyway.

Ship 1:

[Dominix, C3 Domi DPS dealer/dronebunny]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Reactive Armor Hardener
True Sansha Multispectrum Energized Membrane

Denny Enduring Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Tracking Speed Script
Parallel Enduring Target Painter
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Large Micro Jump Drive

Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter II
Large Solace Scoped Remote Armor Repairer

Large Egress Port Maximizer II
Large Egress Port Maximizer I

‘Augmented’ Berserker x5
Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot I x5

ECCM Script x1
Scan Resolution Script x1
Optimal Range Script x2
Tracking Speed Script x2

Ship 2:
[Dominix, C3 Domi Support w/Resebo]

Reactive Armor Hardener

Remote Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Large Micro Jump Drive

Large Egress Port Maximizer I

‘Augmented’ Berserker x5
Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot I x5

ECCM Script x1
Scan Resolution Script x1
Optimal Range Script x2
Tracking Speed Script x2

Inherent Implants ‘Noble’ Remote Armor Repair Systems RA-703

To be honest its not a bad set up, the only adjustment I would make is to replace your expensive and slow drones with sentries. Damage application is immediate (like turrets) and it costs less. You are loosing around 80 paper dps, but given heavy drone travel time to, from, and between targets I think sentries are superior for PvE.

The big issue you may run into is your drone control range. Using an armageddon can get you round this as you will have an additional high slot (sacrificing a mid (sebo)). You could also consider the Ishtar, or if you are willing to spend a little more, the Eos (the creme de la creme of sentry drone boats).

1 Like

I was once bored and made a video using shield dominixes in c3s, but I hear DDAs have been nerfed slightly since.

The incoming damage is fairly low at all times, you could t1 the rigs, squeeze in enduring remote armor repairers and probably even drop the sebo for a third and fourth tracking link on the second dominix and a second target painter on the first. Two scripts of each will save you the travel time of heavies, just use sentries. Using cheaper modules and rigs also brings your losses closer to the insurance payout for t1 battleships.

Good ships to gank in c3 :slight_smile:

So by looking at the cost at evepraisal: https://evepraisal.com/a/xyo09, and removing the ship cost i believe your ambition level is way below any accepted standard. But, then there´s always the one that spend time for the lesser qualities of a reward for being alive.

When I told my mentor that I wana bring a Gila fited for C3 sites wich is about the same cost as your Dominix, he said someting like "You are just asking to get ganked, take a Praxis instead :slight_smile: "

Fly safe

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.