MJD Dominix Fit for PVE

Purpose: Fly something that requires as little attention as possible and is inexpensive

Setup: Duel-boxing, this Dominix MJD’s to avoid damage while I give most of my attention to my other character who is in a different ship meant for tanking the pocket. I assign Sentrys to assist and every 20 seconds or so I fire the 1400mm’s.

[Dominix, Dominix fit]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Reactor Control Unit II
Reactor Control Unit II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

1400mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Fusion L
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Large Projectile Collision Accelerator I
[Empty Rig slot]

Warden II x5

My questions are:

1. Is the fit optimized?
  2. Is there a different duel-box setup I could do that requires less attention/effort that is just as effective or better? (and be cheap, this fit costs ~220m)

So far the only thing I am considering is whether I switch one more 1400mm for another Drone Link Augmentor. It’ll drop my volley damage by a lot but will boost my Sentry drone range from 108km to 128km which seems valuable to have since MJD is 100km. I could just burn towards my Dominix to get them in Sentry range instead though.

This fitting is not good.

Use something like this:

[Dominix, Dominix PVE Sentries]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II

Prototype Sensor Booster
100MN Afterburner II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Large Solace Scoped Remote Armor Repairer
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II
Large Solace Scoped Remote Armor Repairer
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Anti-Explosive Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Acolyte II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Warrior II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Light Armor Maintenance Bot I x5
Warden II x5
Garde II x5

Titanium Sabot S x200
Optimal Range Script x2
Tracking Speed Script x2
Scan Resolution Script x3

Your ship will not be able to tank mission damage with the MJD. NPC can hit you at 100 km easily. With the above fitting you can dualbox with sentries of heavies and can use the gun to trigger drones.

140 KM minimum

That’s what I need to avoid missiles fired from the rats battleships.

I use a duo too, 1 Naga and 1 Oracle fitted in a way to be able to lock at around 150 Km with an optimal of 140km, I get around 370 dps for each ship (not optimal skills). Both ships fitted with meta4/T2 modules. Cheap and easy to manage.

1 Like

I agree with pretty much everything but that. most npcs won’t hit at 100km aside from some guristas that can hit that far with their missiles. also I’d probably swap the damage control for another drone damage amp, or another EANM as a DC stacks with the reactive. And if you want to be lazy can probably add a cap battery and cap rigs to get the repper stable.

I’d also add that if you are dual boxing it probably isn’t worthwhile to MJD in most places, just sit at 0 and use high damage sentries. With double damage and split aggro tanking is easy

1 Like

This is my alt’s Dominix, two of them should be beasts, because is is one:

(Gardes 685 dps at 41+51km, Curators 644 dps at 95+20km, Wardens 581 dps at 136+70km)

[Dominix, * FS Sentry Sniper LAR]

Damage Control II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Sentient Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script
Sentient Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script
Sentient Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Auto Targeting System II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Ionic Field Projector II
Large Targeting System Subcontroller II
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Garde II x5
Warden II x5
Curator II x5

Just permatank the damn thing, uses less slots, gives you far more dps.

Thanks for all the replies. I read them all. Please don’t forget that the purpose of this fit is to require as little attention as possible while being relatively effective. Things I don’t want to do:

• Have to swap between monitors hitting F1, I do have to in this fit but only every 23 seconds when something dies
  • Have to pay attention to two drone flights in space and monitor their HP for remote repairs (big hassle)
  • Have to look at my Armor HP and turn off/on an Armor repper
  • Have to actually pilot (maneuver) a 2nd ship

Now I’m not saying I can’t handle this kind of multitasking, I’ve done dozens of 6-10 DEDs triple boxing, but like I said the goal is to require as little amount of mouse clicks & keyboard inputs as possible. I have Twitch.tv and other stuff to give my attention too :).

So far I only have done a few Lv. 4’s with this setup and things died so fast my shield never broke. Haven’t tried it any DEDs yet but I’d imagine it’d turn out the same. Note that I do have a mobile depot in this Dominix with self/remote repairs and all the other safety stuff like WCS and cloak.

My offered fit might not be the best thing for dual boxing.

On the other hand, it depends on how you dual box. Do you use actually different computers with separate screens or one computer with two clients in each it’s own window, one occupying the top half, the other the bottom half of the screen?

To reduce required attention, I recommend to use only one weapon system per ship. That would be drones for the Dominix.

My sentries get rarely targeted because my ship fights the rats from very far.

If I would try dual boxing I would use my fit and consider these possible changes:

• Parma-self-repping using a medium rapper (and keep the large rapper as a last resort)
  • Remote repping (perm-repping if possible? less likely)

But I prefer “Warp in at x km” and not tank at all :slight_smile:

You lack range. Targeting range, drone control range, drone optimal range… I would use that, because NPC hit sometimes even at 120+ km :
[Dominix, PVE dual box]

Heat Sink II
Shadow Serpentis Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script

Tachyon Modulated Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Radio L
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Drone Scope Chip II
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor II
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

Drones to use according to eve-survival:
Warden II x5
Curator II x5
Bouncer II x5

Always Garde II x5, if NPC got too close. Together with tracking speed scripts they can track pretty good.

Some small drones against elite frigates.

If you are 100 % sure, you need no tank, you can risk something like that:
[Dominix, PVE dual box no tank]

Caldari Navy Power Diagnostic System
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink

Large Micro Jump Drive
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script

Tachyon Beam Laser II, Aurora L
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Ancillary Current Router I

You can shot 148 km with warden. In their optimal. Large beams are good in a way, that they have instant reload to any ammo for any range.
With curators you have 830 INSTANT dps at 102 km , up to 105 km, if you use faction omnidirectional links. And because of 148 km drone control range, you can shoot at NPC even if you was wrong with jumping or they spawned furter away.

yet another genius hellbent on range :rofl:
please, find me a mission where NPCs stay at more than 50 km? There are no L4 missions that has NPCs like that. Get your gardes to this range + you rails - voila, 1000+ dps domi rapes everything faster than OP’s dualboxing setup.
P.S. Inb4 worlds collide crap that such sniping noobs like to refer to - the very same mjd you guys are so proud of, can be used to jump to enemies as well. 1 jump - they are in perfect range.

Please read job description carefull, before posting here suggestions for the tactic, that is beyond of the scope of that discussion. Thank you.

For those, who can read: unique drone scope range bonus makes Dominix perfect sniper mission runner. Cheap and relyable, cause range tank means you can use all slots but one or two for damage or damage application modules. DPS in many missions can require serios tank for brawling, meaing your DPS will go down and you will lose ISK/time ratio. Missions, where that is not valid, are better done in Machariel.

I am not hellbent on range. I am hellbent on paying attention as little as possible. I want the fit to be as passive as I can make it. Less player mouse/keyboard inputs, the better. A Dominix cannot tank many rooms in DED sites as well as some L4 rooms unless you MJD or properly tanked which hurts DPS. I do not even want to look at my other monitor that has my Dominix EVE account running let alone having to pay attention my ship armor and drone hitpoints. My Dominix fit can use its 1400mm’s up to my 168km targetting range but right now my drone range is 108km so I may have to drop a 1400m for another Drone Link Augmentor to bump it up to 128km.

I’ll try out your Beam Laser fit. Thanks.

I slightly altered what you recommended for your no-tank fit.
Requires a PG implant.

[Dominix, fortnite also bad copy]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Reactor Control Unit II

Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

Warden II x5
Curator II x5
Garde II x5
Bouncer II x5

Optimal Range Script x3
Targeting Range Script x1

Guristas hit from any range, but range-sniping might work against some Pirate Factions. I mean, if you don’t mind missions taking twice as long to complete, that is. Because your DPS at extreme range is going to be 1/2 or less than most other optimized mission fits.

It’s not about range or tank. Your damage output is your tank in most missions. The less damage you deal - the tankier your fit needs to be.

If you need to run cap boosters, capacitor upgrades or a MJD as a GTFO (as opposed to closing range) - then you honestly don’t know what you’re doing running L4s.

Your mission runner was using not one, not two but three capacitor upgrades.. OP clearely stated, that he needs ship, that will supplement his main, tanky mission runner. Ship, that requires least interaction from user and there for he was asking for sniper, not brawler.
Maradeur would be another approach, I am not sure if OP has skills to fly one.

Marauder instead of a Dominix? This would easily be 5-7x the cost of a fitted Dominix but I’m still interested in what the fit would be. A huge chunk of effort is reduced by assigning sentrys to assist the character I’m actually flying and no marauder can use more than 2 sentrys at once. I’m not interested in having to pilot and press F1 on the Marauder too much.

Not sure if it could work, but could a marauder be used as a remote repair/capacitor transmitter with only tank modules, with the main character having a full dps or active tank without capacitor modules ?

That way the marauder character warp, bastion and activate its tank, its remote modules and you only have to focus your main piloting a blapmobile ?

If you’re running a Marauder you only need one charachter.

If it were me I would just use 2 Domi with remote rep/remote cap and be done with it. You could MJD out drop sentry and turn on cap/rep and watch TV. You can easily clear 1000dps like that and pretty much perma tank rooms from 100km. About the only time you would need to do anything is if frigs get too close you might need to swap range for tracking scripts…aside from that pretty much any PvE should be ezpz.

1 Like