Looking for a Dominix Navy Issue solo L4 fit OMEGA

Hi, since returning I have been trying to fit and build a ship for each weapon type. I have made a solid Rattlesnake and barghest fit for missiles, a Paladin and Nightmare for lasers and I have a machariel and a vargur for projectiles. (still need some vargur fits)

I am now looking for a ship to solo full mission clears in L4 high sec that uses rails. I like the mini carrier idea as I am going to actually start training carrier skills in a few months so I am looking at the Dominix Navy Issue. Seems to be a good choice for a mini carrier. I do want to use rails also though, I see some fits that go full on drones. I am omega and I would appreciate some fits ideas for this. Thank you.

A Domi (navy version included) is first and foremost a drone boat. Turrets will always be a secondary weapon on a Domi.

The biggest issue you’ll have to deal with trying to get good rail dps from a Domi is powergrid. Six 425mm railguns will not work on a Domi, you’ll have used up so much powergrid that your fit will be seriously gimped in other areas. Six T2 350mm rails will work on a Domi with some care. Youll have to make some small sacrifices, but a useable fit with six 350mm rails is possible. Five T2 425mm rails will also work with the same fit for the other slots.

[Dominix Navy Issue, *Simulated Dominix Navy Issue]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II
Large ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II

Large Cap Battery II
[Empty Med slot]
Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Tracking Computer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Hybrid Metastasis Adjuster I
Large Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Large Ancillary Current Router I

Tracking Speed Script x1
Optimal Range Script x1

You can drop the high slot Drone Link Aug and fit six 350mm rails with this same fit.

The Tracking Speed script is for the Tracking Computer. The Optimal Range script is for the Omnodirectional Tracking Link.

There’s an empty mid slot for one more module of your choice. Possibilities are a sensor booster, another tracking computer, a cap recharger or cap booster, or a drone navigation computer if you expect to use heavy drones a lot. If you change down to five T2 350mm rails you can upgrade the afterburner to a T1 meta microwarp drive and upgrade to a T2 armour repairer without changing any other modules.

I haven’t specified any drone types because you haven’t given enough info to tell if you’d prefer sentries or heavy drones to work with the rails. This fit with five 425mm rails and one T2 Drone Link Aug has 84km drone control range, not enough to get the best use out of Caldari Warden or Minmatar Bouncer sentries but it will work with Amarr Curator and Gallente Garde sentries, or any type of heavy drone.

Cap useage will need some care. As long as you don’t try to keep the armour repper and afterburner (or microwarp drive) running all the time you’ll have pleanty of cap. Havng the repper and afterburner/microwarp running together is going to push your cap fairly hard. Maybe a cap booster in the empty mid slot will fix this for you.

The dps from the rails in this fit is not amazing, but this is a Domi fit. Even without any drone damage amps, once you add in a full set of sentries or heavies, the overall dps will be respectable.

I came up with this so far, any suggestions would be appreciated. I can fit everything with my skills and implants etc I have a high grade crystal set. I wish the cap was better but for sniping I should be ok with the tank.

[Dominix Navy Issue, Dominix Navy Issue]
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Capacitor Power Relay II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Pith A-Type Large Shield Booster
Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Large Micro Jump Drive
Federation Navy 100MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link

425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
425mm Railgun II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

Hobgoblin II x5
Warden II x5
Garde II x5
Ogre II x5

Tracking Speed Script x1
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L x2700
Caldari Navy Thorium Charge L x2500
Optimal Range Script x1

I may replace the hybrid rig for an em screen II, and I can also use CN thorium and get 1030 dps out to 95km

Unfortunately that doesn’t have anywhere near close enough application in it. you will be taking out battleships just fine, but the vast majority of your targets are not going to be battleships and all you got is 5x Hobgoblin + MJD to range and line up, that just ain’t gonna cut it.

You need a lot more then this cause the Navy Domi doesn’t have any tracking hull bonusses. I’ve actually fitted regular Domis in the past that took out frigates, destroyers and cruisers using Ogres with relative ease.

On top of that you don’t have a double prop, you are missing out on a huge ton of utility and overall timesaving.

If you stick 1 drone tracking module and get rid of 1 flight of sentries and the hobgoblins, stick 1 flight of Valkyries and 1 flight of Vespas or Hammerheads, along with a double prop, you will do a lot better and actually come out way on top when totalling up the time.

2 Likes

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I do have double prop on there. I have the AB and the MJD. I am not able to squeeze in a MWD instead of the AB though.

I will adjust my drones as you suggested. You dont suggest any light drones? just medium/heavy/sentry?

Thanks

PG and weakish cap are real issues for NDomi.

My fit going from memory was full rack of 425mm plus all kind of drones.
Lows were 3 mag stabs and 3 drone dmg mods with last one changeable to whatever suited me best.
Meds were best complex AB isk can buy gist X type large shield booster A type invulnerability gist or pith.
That leave 3 mids for 2 tracking comps and drone tracking link. With spare low slot going tracking enhancer or drone tracking thingy application is managable.
Rigs were drone range t2 and T2 shield resist thermal and either kin or explo.did not cover em just avoided against amarr missions due to poor standings already.
All of this was supported by Geno Clone with +6 implants in dmg(both) tracking and capacitor.
And all of that made ship a cool 3 billion isk price tag maybe 4 it delivered up to 1600dps and any NPC that strolled within 80km of a ship was pretty salvage in extremely short order.

But that price tag tho makes it a hobby more than anything else.
Rattle with nothing but dirt in low/high/mids will deliver similar numbers.

Nova days with drugs and abyssal mods fittings are easier than ever…for a price.

option 1

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Damage Control II
Co-Processor II

Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Large Micro Jump Drive
Gist X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier

425mm Railgun II, Spike L
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I

Garde II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Ogre II x5
Warden II x5

pyfa tells me this has

• spike+warden = 700 DPS @84km
  • am+garde = 980 DPS @35km
  • javelin+ogre = 1094 dps at close range vs big targets

Plus, the rep is omni 363 ehp/s capstable, 497 ehp/s max, while suggestion fit 127/312 . it’s even more if you adapt the hardener to the rats (otherwise just put in another c-type invul)
The price went from 1.78 to 1.53 B.

option 2

Capacitor Flux Coil II
Damage Control II
Dark Blood Power Diagnostic System
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Large Micro Jump Drive
Gist X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier

425mm Railgun II, Javelin L

Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I

Bouncer II x5
Curator II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Ogre II x5

forget the 80km range, this one has 60 drone control range but one more turret, more bling dps mods, more capstable tank… and costs 600M more than the option1.

So does it have to be a dominix navy?

If you’re just after a ship with railguns for L4s, would you consider the Rokh and/or the Vindicator?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

i was going for the mini carrier, and using rails as the weapons. I have 2 solid missile based ships, a Rattlesnake and a Barghest. and 2 energy based ships, a Paladin and a Nightmare I can use for L4’s. I want to have at least one L4 mission running ship of each weapon type. (missile, energy, rails, projectiles.)

I even have a Nestor which seems like it could be a mini carrier with drone bonus and lasers but many say its not good for PvE so.

I like the look of the Rokh and the Hyperion who both can be built around rails but not drones so much but many have told me it also is not a great ship for solo running L4’. I did play around in the ship fitter and Pyfa and I could not seem to find a solid fit around rails for either as they are T1 BS so the dps and tanks are a bit weak imo but I am certainly open to check out any fits ppl may be willing to share.

Don’t know that taking a ship designed for one weapon system and “forcing it” to wield a suboptimal weapon loadout is the way to go. Understand the desire to have a mini carrier, and the Navy Domi can fulfill that role, but the rails are designed to draw agro (which a TP can do just as well) away from the drones, not be the the main damage dealer. I like Crpr3ss’s suggestion of the Vindicator which is solid, but there is that drone choice you are looking for. Personally, I use a blaster Kronos dealing 1400+ dps as my main Serpentis space mission boat. While I do use drones,especially to eliminate any elite frigates asap, usually my salvage drone get the most work out when I am full clearing rooms since nothing stays alive against a bastioned Marauder for long. Unless you are based in an area where Kin/Therm is your go to damage type, pick something far less expensive and save some isk. The other choice is to go all in with the Navy Domi and max out your drone dps,speed, and accuracy using TPs in the high to agro and make your drones hit those pesky elite frigates far easier.

Where do you mission at? Asking for a friend

When you say TP, do you mean target painters? Dont they go in the mids?

So to treat the Navy Domi as more carrier you would suggest dropping down to less guns or maybe 350’s? and using more drone range and drone damage mods and just going full on drone damage and using the ship itself as the tank?

I have all the marauders, The Golem is effective but boring. I like the Vargur and the Paladin both, and I have never really used the Kronos. I am not a ran of super close range which seems to be what blasters are about. I guess I could try to go full on mini carrier with the navy dom and revisit the Kronos for my Gallente ship. Can you share your kronos fit? I can save it for later.

Funny

Hi

My bad, I didn’t see the AB, sorry about that. But, what I meant by double prop is much better to go MJD + MWD on a battleship simply because its signature is already so big you’ll be taking full damage or close to it already so the sig bloom from MWD is irrelevant, so you might as well go for the speed. AB on a BS is no good unless its a hull that is bonused for it.

As for drones, it all comes down to drone tracking. Let me give you some examples. 1st off, bring up your ingame fit simulator, load up the drones into your ship and nothing else, simulate fit. On bottom, hit the little “drone management” button, and you can right click and bring up “show info” on each drone type.

To reliably hit frigates, the fast elite ones 100% you need drone tracking to be 1.3+. However, now keep in mind that you will have medium drones out which do 2-3 times the damage of ligth drones (depending on drone/ target type etc). So now, if your ligth drones take 2-3 volleys to kill the target (they will 1 shot regular frigs but not the elite ones), they do so with all 5 drones hitting.

With medium drones, you only need 2-3 of them to hit to achieve same 2-3 volleys per kill because they do so much more damage per hit, and you have 5 of them out. So that means to kill same target on same amount of time, you only need 2-3 out of 5 drones to hit if they are mediums. So now you do not need as much tracking anymore, you can scale it down to 1.1+ to achieve same results. Valkyries have very high tracking, so high that they do not need any trackign modules to kill firgates. Vespas have lower tracking but much better optimal range, so they kill frigates just as good as Valkyries, but do require 1 module, or drone tracking bonussed ship hull.

Now take it a step up. Throw on a drone navigation computer, lotsa drone tracking, like maybe 2 tracking links on a Dominix or Vexor Navy and use faster tracking faction Ogres instead of mediums. At around 0.87 to 0.9+ tracking, the Ogres will kill the frigates within the same amount of time as hobgoblins would, yes they will still miss quite a bit, but you have 5 of them out and they need to land only 1-2 hits on the same elite frigate to kill it because they do so much more damage. They also have much longer optimal range and now with the nav computer move fast enough. incidentally, Ogres will 1 shot many cruiser types and everything below as well. 3-4 shot many battlecruisers as well, at least the dinky regular ones.

So now you don’t need to switch them between targets, or can carry more of the same drone type to rotate them out when their shields get damaged which is a big deal. If you lose your hobgoblins and they’re the only thing you got for small targets, you’ll be screwed, and they are easy to lose.

Sentries. I don’t like sentries, at all sorry. They do not fit my playstyle because I have to constantly come back for them and I don’t like to sit just in one spot. Even when you orbit them at lowest range ( 500 m ) there are too many times when you will be too far cause they scatter a bit when you deploy them to pick up the one that has agro. This forces you to just sit tehre and not move but stationary tank which sucks. You’ll take extra damage from anything that gets too close, you’ll be extra gank target cause not moving or just sitting by the jumpgate you came through, etc. etc.

So I just focus on regular drones rather then sentries.

Thank you for the excellent explanation. I guess I should re design the navy Dom to be more mini carrier tank and support and less about doing rail damage. Should I still equip a couple of rails to get aggro?

Can you suggest a fit? I agree I would rather stay in the middle of the action with heavy drones then jumping away and sniping. Ogre II’s or geckos maybe? Will need a better tank for sure. Is the navy Dominix the best ship choice for a mini carrier that’s a strong solo L4 mission runner? I need to look at ship bonuses and see what’s best for heavy drones I guess.

I see Dominix, Dominix navy, sin, Nestor, rattlesnake, Armageddon. There all the BS that get boosts to drones. Of those, which can best sit in a firefight best and get the most from it’s drones? I want to be able to handle any L4 even the bonus rooms. Full clear, I’m not concerned about blitzing but I don’t want to take forever to kill stuff either.
I really like the look of the Dom, navy Dom and sin personally but that 275% bonus to heavy drones on the rattlesnake is crazy, unless it can’t field 5 at once? Have to check that. Brb…

Thank you.

meh 5x lights with 3x dda and domi damage bonus will wreck npc frigs, and you can snipe most on approach with gardes or rails so they should be dead before that most of the time anyways. Gardes/ogres can hit anything bigger.

OK, so you want to go for a short to medium range brawler rather than a long range sniper. You’re going to need to get closer to the rats to hit them, which means they will be closer to you. You’ll take more damage so your tank will need to be better compared to a sniper, and you’ll need more speed than an afterburner can give you. A microjump drive isn’t so important for a brawler compared to a sniper, but a microwarp drive will be more important.

Let’s look at the different ships you’ve named.

Sin: Ummm, no, not as a brawler. It has a significantly weaker tank than either the Domi or Navy Domi. The Sin is mostly a PVP ship intended to be stealthy/sneaky and help team mates quietly infiltrate territory controlled by an opposing player corp.

T1 Dominix: Possibly, but for a brawling fit you aren’t going to have much use for sentry drones, and the Domi’s drone tracking bonus helps sentries the most. The tracking bonus can help heavy drones shoot smaller ships (big weapons do not hit small targets very well).

Navy Dominix. The best option for a drone brawler from Gallente. It has the most tank before adding modules, it gets a damage bonus for hybrid turrets (use Blasters on a brawler, not Rails). It has an extra mid slot compared to the T1 Domi so a shield tank is a bit easier to fit, leaving more low slots for damage modules.

Nestor: I can’t say I know this ship well, my inclination is that it could work as a brawler but not as well as some other ships.

Rattlesnake: The only drone battleship that has bonuses for missiles. One of the top contenders for a brawling drone battleship. The drone bonuses only apply to heavy and sentry drones, medium and light drones do not get any bonus from this ship (Geckos count as heavy drones for the bonuses). Drone bandwidth only allows two heavy/sentry drones or ONE Gecko to be used at any time (Gecko drones are twice the size as heavy drones and use twice the bandwidth). A bit on the slow side compared to the other ships you’re looking at. Lots of mid slots for a solid shield tank.

Armageddon. A bit of a dark horse, it can fit missile launchers but does not have any missile bonuses. Not enough mid slots to fit a useful shield tank, which means you’re committed to an armour tank, and fewer options for damage modules in the low slots because of that. If fitting for lasers, use Pulse lasers, not Beam lasers.

My top two picks for a drone brawler would be the Rattlesnake or Navy Domi, depending on whether I had better skills for missiles or hybrid turrets. After that I’d look at a T1 Domi or an Armageddon with missiles, followed by an Armageddon with Pulse lasers. I don’t know enough about the Nestor to know where I’d put it but I do know that I wouldn’t look at the Sin for a drone brawler.

Great and informative, tyvm.

Yeah my hybrid and missile skills are the same. So I’m leaning towards the navy Dom. The snake is a beast for sure but it’s super slow and although the 275% damage bonus is better then 250, the fact it can only field 2 heavy drones won’t feel like it’s a mini carrier plus like you said it’s bonus is specific to sentry and heavy where the navy Dom bonus is for all drones.

Blasters I had not considered that. I’ll start messing with some fits. So shield tank, blasters and a MWD.

fit looks pretty much cookie cutter. A bit shinier than I’d go but trying to fit for drone and weapon damage kinda forces that. Rattlesnake has most of the same issues but add in the shield resist bonus and I think it does it just a bit better.

My main issue with the fit is the 84km drone control range and there’s not really a great way to get around that. Although with the MJD you can re-position pretty easily just going to have to mostly use the MJD to stay on the offense and not MJD 100km away to safety like some fits aim for. And for most missions 84km isn’t even going to be an issue.

Yeah I want more of a brawler ship. I want to kind of fly around the action and shoot stuff while my drones do the heavy lifting but I am not sure I can make enough of a tank to do that and still have the dps to be efficient.