L4 mission sniper besides Dominix?

I wonder, are there any other L4 viable ships that can apply instant damage from 100+km better than Dominix? I know rattlesnake and raven can, but missiles take time. Marauders can too, I hear, and that might have to be my next training quest.
Anything else?
My current Domi (with less than perfect skills) can target and hit at 170km (450ish dps), or deal upwards of 570ish dps at 80km with garde’s. And, I have to add, it applies really well, so it’s real damage (as opposed to theoretical missile boats that lose a lot of it against smaller and faster targets)

2 Likes

6 Likes

The Maelstrom or the Apocalypse.

2 Likes

barghest may not hit instantly, but the missiles will arrive before the next volley launches up to ~120km or something plus or minus some depending on skills and fit.

paladin hits for crazy damage at range but em/therm lock. which honestly isn’t as bad as people make it out to be

projectiles/rails do meh damage at range

2 Likes

Here is something from back in the day when I ran C4’s. Don’t know if its still relevant, but you could T1 what you can not T2/faction fit. just keep your distance and warp out if you need to.

[Hyperion, Flying Fortress]
Damage Control II
Large Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Upgraded Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Upgraded Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Upgraded Armor Thermal Hardener I
Upgraded Armor Thermal Hardener I

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Tracking Computer II
100MN Afterburner II

Shadow Serpentis 350mm Railgun
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x9
Hammerhead II x13

BHD is recruiting.
Join chat room “BHD Public” if you ever wondered about Wormhole Life

1 Like

A Navy Issue Apocalypse can do what you’re asking for, but I’ll admit that it’s a cap hungry witch, so it still might not be what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

honest question–why are you kiteing/sniping mission? They’re incredibly easy to tank and you can throw 1500+ dps instead of 500.

@Zatar_Sharisa – I haven’t found a fit that can do that, at least not within my isk or skill budget. My Tengu can facetank missions, but is quite shy of 1500 dps. My rattlesnake could squeeze out about 1100 dps, but at cost of tank. My raven could do theoretical dps of about 800, but with a huge delay and poor application.
Sniping with instant damage seems faster, wastes fewer volleys, and distance gives plenty of room for mistakes for a noob like me

1 Like

Mind linking your Tengu fit? 1500 dps on that thing sounds crazy.

Because more slots for damage/damage application, and more importantly, can always shoot while maneuvering around the mission field with no need to concern range or tracking.

Torp barghest. After torp buff he is insanely good.

1 Like

Oh! Sorry. I missed where you’re looking for 1500 dps. I also missed your range. My current fit will get just shy of 100 km with scorch crystals. I could easily bump that higher, but it’ll cut dps and cap time, and it’s already cap unstable just firing the 8 scorch turrets. To me that’s the real issue - she’s a cap hungry witch. I’ll get the fit as soon as I can log in, but it is a T2 fit. I don’t know if that’s a problem or not.

Okay, the fit is as follows:

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Large Armor Repairer II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Damage Control II

Optical Tracking Computer
Tracking Computer II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster II

Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II

Large Energy Locus Coordinator I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

With Scorch crystals loaded this fit hits 104 km in falloff and does paper dps of 778. The capacitor, just firing the turrets, lasts 4:50 without turning on the cap booster. I could drop the tank and damage some to put in some Tracking Enhancers and the range would go further, or I could put in some Radio crystals instead. As it is, it can hit with Scorch at almost my targeting limit, so I’ve never seen the point of pushing the range further.

1 Like

@Alasdan_Helminthauge no-no, I think you misread. I said it’s very short of 1500. It’s about 850 :flushed:

2 Likes

Golem hits to 167km (t-2 cruise dps missiles) for 1123 dps.
But you have to have all to level 5 for this, missiles all to 5 and all for golem to 5.

The Barghest, the Golem, and the Navy Raven all make 100+ KM in spades with over 1k DPS using cruise missiles. The Barghest has the best velocity, so your waste volleys are fewer, the Golem has the best tank, and the Navy Raven has supreme sexiness, so decide which among those best suits you.

2 Likes

with 2 missile velocity rigs the golem has a pretty long range before it shoots the next volley. not quite as good as the barg, but can also use painters for good application.

1 Like

Painters fall off pretty hard after 50km. If you’re sniping at 100km+, you won’t even notice them working. A side note on the Golem, however, since it has 70% bonus to MJD cooldown you can MJD more often to get either to your sniping position or back to the gate to get to the next pocket. In the Barg, you’re stuck waiting the full 2 minutes after you clear everything to jump back to the gate. I think clear times on the Golem would be better based on this metric alone in any mission with more than 1 pocket.

No they don’t.
with 50+135km range, it means they are half as effective at 185km ; and 75% effective at 110km.

They are barely worse than MGC, unless you shoot slow targets or already have missile precision modules(typically rigor, flare or MGE) in which case they are better. They are way better than MGC on bonused ships, like golem.

2 Likes

indeed painters have crazy range, at 100km you are still getting ~90% effectiveness, and as you say 50% at 189km. And past that I don’t even care, hell much past 100km and I stop caring.

rail proteus ftw. I run up to DED4-level sites in it, haven’t even been hit by anything yet.