Looking for a Dominix Navy Issue solo L4 fit OMEGA

You don’t have to use a battleship in L4 missions. It’s the most common choice, but not the only choice.

Heavy Assault Cruisers. These are cruisers that have an emphasis in firepower. They can complete L4 missions but your skills do need to be very solid because it’s a smaller ship with a smaller tank and fewer fitting slots. On the other hand because they are cruisers, they are faster and more maneuverable than any battleship. The Gallente Ishtar is the only Heavy Assault Cruiser I know of that has drone bonuses. It has enough bandwidth to control a full set of heavy or sentry drones, it has a drone speed bonus on the ship (all light, medium and heavy drones will fly faster) and is has a 50% reduction to your microwarp signature.

I think I should explain that last detail. All ships have a “signature”. Think of it as an invisible bubble surrounding the ship. Any rat (or hostile player) who is shooting at you needs to hit that bubble to damage your ship. When you use a microwarp drive, your signature (the invisible bubble) automatically gets bigger. In effect, your ship is an easier target to hit and damage because the bubble that decides if you take damage or not is bigger, so it’s easier to hit. On the other hand, the extra speed you are flying at because of the microwarp drive may let you avoid damage because the tracking of the weapons shooting at you may mot be able to stay locked onto you.

Heavy Assault Cruisers have a special bonus that limits how much larger your signature gets when you are using a microwarp drive. On a HAC, your signature does not expand as much compared to a similar ship that does not have that bonus. This is part of “speed tanking”, using speed to make whoever is shooting at you to miss more often. The down side of speed tanking is that your own speed has the potential to make your own weapons miss more often because they have problems staying locked onto the rats. Missiles don’t have the same tracking problems that turrets do (although missiles do have their own weaknesses), so missiles can work quite well on a ship set up for speed tanking, assuming that ship can fit missile launchers.

T3 Cruisers. These ships require a lot of skill training just to fly them, let alone fly them well. They are “modular”, meaning they can be reconfigured to emphasise certain features, but you have to dock to change their configuration. They are also the most expensive cruisers in the game. Depending on the configuration you want, they can cost more than most battleships. Each main empire has their own T3 cruiser. The exact stats of a T3 cruiser change depending on the exact configuration you are using, and there are too many combinations to cover in a forum post. A speed tanking T3 cruiser with drones and missiles is possible, but I don’t know which exact configuration would be optimal for that.

I have one more suggestion, a drone and missile combination on a T1 battleship. It’s a bit of an oddball fit that some players use, but most players just don’t “get it”. A T1 Amarr Armageddon with heavy missiles.

Advantages: Not super expensive. Battleship class tank (but not enough mid slots for a strong shield tank). Missiles will give you any damage type you want. With good missile and drone skills 1000+ dps is not hard to reach.

Disadvantages. Shield tanking this setup really isn’t viable. dps is lower when missile launchers are reloading. No missile bonuses at all on this ship. The Navy Armageddon does not have any drone bonuses and cannot fit missiles so this only works with the basic T1 Armageddon. Missile launchers need CPU and the Geddon does not have a lot of CPU so at least one rig will be needed for improved CPU to make a viable missile fit (or use Meta grade launchers that need less CPU). Even with a microwarp drive this isn’t a super-fast ship and there is no reduction in microwarp signature size.

Still, here’s a suggested T1 Geddon missile fit.

[Armageddon, *Simulated Armageddon]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Large Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Damage Control II

Large Cap Battery II
500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Missile Guidance Computer II
Drone Navigation Computer II

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Ogre II x5
Berserker II x5

Inferno Heavy Missile x125

Missile range is 69km.
With no missiles (launchers are reloading) and Ogre heavy drones, 740 dps
With Berserkers instead of Ogres (faster than Ogres but less dps) 600 dps.
With two Geckos and no missiles 585 dps.

With T1 missiles and Ogres. 1000 dps.
With faction missiles and Ogres. 1047 dps.
With T2 Fury missiles and Ogres. 1100 dps.

With T1 missiles and Berserkers. 870 dps
With faction missiles and Berserkers. 910 dps
With T2 Fury missiles and Berserkers. 960 dps.

A Rattlesnake will do more raw dps due to it’s missile bonuses but can’t operate a full set of drones, this can.

Like I said, it’s an oddball fit that only a few players actually use. Assuming you know how to logon to the test server, try this fit there, see if it works for the way you want to play. This fit might surprise you.

Rails? Just go blaster Kronos.

1 Like

With that armageddon fit, which does look interesting, if you use those new C3-X BCS you can pump up both drone and missile damage over 1290 combined, but it gives better missile damage for times when you need to recall your drones or lose them. Ill keep playing with that fit in pyfa… to be continued

That missile armageddon fit is actually very good, I built it and have used it in several L4’s.

I am still looking for a really strong Navy Dom or Dom L4 fit. Just cant quite get it right. I would like to be able to sit in the action and support my drones while they just chew through everything.

You have sort of painted yourself into a corner with your “baby carrier that can brawl” approach. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, I actually like unusual fits that work in unexpected ways. The problem is the limited number of ships that have the right basic stats to work in the way you want. There aren’t many battleships that have 125 Mbit of drone bandwidth to begin with. Here’s a list of all battleships in Eve that can use drones.
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Drone-capable_ships#Battleships

If we stick with ships that have drone bonuses, it’s the T1 Armageddon, T1 and navy Dominix, Nestor, Rattlesnake and Sin. The Rattlesnake can only control two heavy drones, the Sin doesn’t have enough tank to be a solo brawler in the harder PVE missions. I’ve been looking at various brawling fits on a Navy Dominix and I’m not completely happy with the idea. Blasters on a Navy Dominix offer decent dps numbers but have a fairly short range and overall capacitor use is high. Fitting autocannon to a Dominix gives noticeably better turret range and less capacitor use but creates powergrid issues.

I know I didn’t rate the Nestor very highly earlier in the thread, but after a closer look at it’s basic stats, it might have something to offer here. It has the same high slot arrangement as an Armegeddon (but cannot fit missiles), six mid slots so a reasonable shield tank is possible and six low slots. It has more capacitor than both the Armageddon and Dominix. Powergrid is lower so fitting can be a bit tighter. It also has a range bonus for laser turrets so a pulse laser fit may have some potential.

[Nestor, *Simulated Nestor Fitting]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Booster II
Large Cap Battery II
Tracking Computer II

Dual Heavy Pulse Laser II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Large Drone Speed Augmentor I

Ogre II x5

Imperial Navy Xray L x5

A fairly generic fit in terms of modules used to keep the cost down.
With my skills:
Slightly over 1000 dps with a turret range of 46 km at first falloff.
Tank is a little under 94,000 ehp with all shields resists above 60%.
Only 2 minutes of cap but the cap battery can be swapped for a cap booster.
Microwarp speed is a healthy 1220 m/s and warp speed is 2.5 AU/s for travelling to/from missions.

I’ve left the final two high slots empty, I don’t see a need for more drone control range in a short to medium range brawling fit.

The cap duration is a little concerning to me personally and I’m not a fan of cap boosters, it means buying/building and hauling around charges for the cap booster and I personally prefer to minimise how much stuff I haul around for missioning. So, here’s another oddball solution to deal with the cap duration on this fit…

[Nestor, *Simulated Nestor Fitting]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Booster II
Large Cap Battery II
Tracking Computer II

800mm Repeating Cannon II

Large Drone Speed Augmentor I

Ogre II x5

Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L x600

I’ve swapped the pulse lasers for autocannon and the heat sinks for gyrostabilisers, everything else is the same. Turret range has fallen from 46km to 32km, dps has gone up to almost 1100, cap duration has increased to 2:50 which I’m more comfortable with.

The Navy Dominix can fit turrets to all it’s high slots and has an extra low slot for another damage module so it can get more dps, but it has a smaller capacitor so cap duration is going to be even shorter. If I convert the Nestor pulse fit to the Navy Dominix with blasters I get this.

[Dominix Navy Issue, *Simulated Dominix Navy Issue Fitting]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Booster II
Large Cap Battery II
Tracking Computer II

Ion Blaster Cannon II
Ion Blaster Cannon II
Ion Blaster Cannon II
Ion Blaster Cannon II
Ion Blaster Cannon II
Ion Blaster Cannon II

Large Hybrid Ambit Extension I

Ogre II x5

Caldari Navy Iron Charge L x720
Optimal Range Script x1

With an optimal range script for the tracking computer, a hybrid turret falloff range rig and using Iron ammo which has the largest range bonus, blaster range is 28 km at first falloff, total dps is just under 1060 dps. Microwarp speed is just under 990 m/sec. Tank is 96,600 ehp. with all shield resists above 60%. Capacitor duration is just under 1 minute 50 seconds, so that’s even more of a concern than the 2 minute duration on the pulse Nestor fit above. Shorter range ammo will improve dps, at the cost that you have to get closer to the rats to use the blasters.

So let’s change the blasters for T2 800mm autocannon (and swap the mag stabs for gyro stabs) on the Navy Dominix. Turret range is now 32 km at first falloff. Because we can fit a sixth turret on the Navy Dominix, with Republic Fleet Phased Plasma dps is now just over 1200. Cap duration is just over 2 minutes but IMO that’s still not enough AND we don’t have enough spare powergrid to swap the cap battery for a cap booster. Since the fit isn’t using hybrid turrets, the hybrid turret rig can be replaced with a T2 Semiconductor Memory Cell rig which increases the capacitor size. Capacitor duration is now 2 minutes 40 seconds. That’s good enough IMO.

I think the Nestor could work as a drone based brawler but the dps is on the low side. A navy Dominix with blasters has the best dps as a drone based brawler but has weapon range limitations and capacitor duration problems. An autocannon navy Dominix has some more weapon range (and you can use a range script in the tracking computer for some more weapon range or use ammo that doesn’t have a range penalty, but your dps will drop with longer range ammo) and reasonable dps with a workable capacitor duration, plus a slightly better tank than the Nestor.

It’s not an ideal solution, but I’m trying to stay inside the limits of the “baby carrier” concept you want to use.

Hey thank you for the detailed response. I’ll try all of this in the fit tools and see how it looks later today and report back

IMH-10yearVet-O…

Go with a standard Dominix. You get range and tracking for your sentries. A basic T2 fit Domi is the most efficient L4 BS I have ever found that won’t even break 350-400M ISK. probably way less now.

Fit for drone range, drone tracking, MJD, MWD (looting or getting to gates), maybe a SeBo for targeting speed…
Then go with DDAs, Reactive Armor hardener and a single T2 Lg Armor rep. Rig with CCC.

Warp in at 100. Drop Wardens and pick off one-by-one. MJD out when the BS start hitting with malice. Use small drones if frigs get on you.

Rinse-and-repeat.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.