MJD Dominix Fit for PVE

If you want to use a Dominix for long range attacks you should focus on speed tanking your drones.

Fit four Drone Link Augmentor I’s in the High Slots.
Leave two empty High Slots so that you are able to use Remote Repair modules to repair your drones with when they are damaged

Fit at least three Drone Navigation Computer I’s in the Mid Slots to boost your drones velocity.

For your Low Slots fit Drone Damage modules along with modules from Drone Upgrades that increase the effectiveness of your drones.

Basically you want the drones of your Dominix to be as fast a missile to cover the distance between your Domi and the NPC as fast as possible.

If you get your large drones going fast enough you can use them all of the time without losing them to frigates or cruisers If you are going for large drone use you want to use tracking modules + tracking scripts for drones along with tracking rigs for drones to make them lethal. Rate of fire rigs for drones would hurt either. Don’t worry about increasing their optimal ranges. Getting the drones in under the NPC’s weapon optimal range is more important.

That takes a whole lot more micro which he is trying to avoid as well as not leaving room for much tank or cap…in other words I highly doubt it will work. There is a reason Dominix is commonly fit to snipe with sentry for pve and why you really don’t hear about people trying to speed tank large drones…because there won’t be enough slots in your mids or lows to get the tracking needed while still being able to attain the speed needed and still have any tank or cap. However you’re welcome to post a fit and prove me wrong though.

or just like use sentries that have beefy HP and you can scoop if they pull aggro.

I’d fit a light tank on the main, something like a deadspace medium shield booster and an invlun or two. with 2 characters DPS makes for a great tank, and with a remote rep or two you can tank pretty much any mission.

the remote assist domi is a long running tactic and has pretty much only been made better by the introduction of all the drone mods.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.