Safe-ish 0.5 Systems

Are there any 0.5 systems where strongholds don’t pop up?

Yes

What?

Im not telling you where, theyre all mine!

2 Likes

What Strongholds are you talking about?

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

In the Agency > Exploration > Pirate Strongholds

Oh, the Forward Operation Bases. They can show up anywhere. Just get yourself a passive shield regen Rattlesnake and start shooting torps at it. I used to run the Blood Raider FOBs in 2 Nestors just to get rid of them because the rewards are pitiful and the NPC ridiculously annoying.

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

What about killing the overpowered rats that attack the structures?

There is no point in killing the defender NPC because they will just keep respawning. It’s one of those amazing CCP ideas to create a challenge. You just have to tank them and ignore them because engaging them is literally the worst thing you can do.

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

Ok. The biggest thing I have is a T2 fitted Raven. Is that even close to enough? It has just heavy missiles.

Here’s my fit.

[Raven, Raven]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II

Large Shield Booster II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
100MN Afterburner II
Missile Guidance Computer II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

XR-3200 Heavy Missile Bay
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hornet I x5
Hammerhead I x3

Scourge Heavy Missile x13848
Missile Precision Script x1

1 Like

Nope. That won’t be able to tank the NPC. You need something like this:

Is there a way to completely avoid systems susceptible to strongholds?

No, there is not. as said, they can spawn in all kinds of places.

Null sec is not safe either. There, even bigger Pirate Shipyards can spawn but they are much rarer.

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

Ugh… I just want to mine and manufacture stuff…

Don’t use that fit, it’s… not very good.

1 Like

Yes there’s a way to avoid them, just check the Agency, it will list if there’s any Stronghold systems in your area.

I’m not saying this to be mean, but merely to express the reality that is EVE Online.

If you just want to mine and manufacture stuff, you’re going to end up hating the game and everyone in it. Because most of the people in it want to prevent you from mining and manufacturing stuff.

There are many a thread on these forums of people ragequitting because all they wanted to do was build things, and couldn’t understand why everyone kept knocking down what they made. It’s gonna happen to you, there’s not going to be a reason for it, and if you cannot accept that then this is not the game for you.

I hope you can find a way to enjoy eve, but the sooner you understand the giant kick me sign on your back, the better off you’ll be. I suggest finding a null sec corp to join, you’ll be a lot safer doing indy stuff out in sov space.

1 Like

One potential solution: Stage multiple mining ships in multiple systems. If you pick systems that are relatively distant, have jump clones also staged there. When a stronghold is near one system, just jump your clones and mine in the other system. Boom, no more stronghold nearby, unless you get “lucky”. When manufacturing time comes, pay a reputable hauling service to move your ores for you, or haul it yourself if the systems you chose are close by. This is the “Sometimes, you have to make your own luck” solution.

Another solution: Work with locals to form a fleet doctrine, stage combat ships near your mining area. This requires coordination, planning, and preparation. Use in-game-channels / Discord / carrier pigeons to act as your alert system. When a Stronghold appears, ping everyone to log in and take it down together, faster. This will get everyone back to mining relatively quickly than trying to tackle it alone, and also nets you borderline-friends. This is the “tackling my problems head-on” solution.

Yet another solution: Kick and scream until all the problems go away. This is the “make the problems magically go away” solution.

I hope at least one of these suggestions is effective advice…

1 Like

I’m rather exhausted from their ideas at this point.

You L I T E R A L L Y just have to move 1 or 2 systems over when there’s an FOB. Stop being a baby.

1 Like

What is ore? Oh laser don’t hurt me, don’t hurt me, no more…

Pah, Pah, Pah, Pah, Pah, Pah, Pah …

Weeeeeeeeeee

1 Like