Safer Travel Through WHs

I’ve only just come back to game after a few years away, and like I answered in your similar thread. WH’s are very quiet. I’ve spent most of my time in WH’s on my other characters, never lost anything doing trips to the market and I have been downright careless. Using WH’s as shortcuts is definitely a viable option especially as you learn what holes lead where, an experienced scanner shouldn’t take anywhere near three hours to find a route to where you want to go in K space. OFC an element of luck is involved there may just not be a good stable connection at the time.

WH’s are inherently quiet because it takes too much effort for most people to live in them, those that do aren’t going to camp a hole on the off chance a hauler comes by, they will rage roll their static connections looking for people farming escalations or farming K-space sites

TBH though what the other dude said about Pochven sounds a hell of a lot easier but I haven’t used it yet so I don’t really know.

1 Like

How about Tama?

If the scanning player is making a WH map while he’s doing other things, there may be some time between the time he finishes the map and a corpmate decides to bring stuff in . Even if the map itself doesn’t take very long to make.

Here’s a tip for the OP,

Read your post out loud before submiting it.
Then try and imagine what someone else would feel like having to read it.

Not really sure what you mean by “make a map” there are tools like siggy, pathfinder, tripwire etc that make it for you as you scan down holes and jump through them. You don’t have to actually do much to make a map. It should not take long to scan a hole either especially if you are only looking for other WH’s just ignore sigs that aren’t WH and move on.

I was also speaking hypothetically not really referring to anyone in particular, more just pointing out that if you are trying to find routes to travel it can be done faster. Ofc if you are doing something else then it will take longer. If you want to be safe have one person scan while the other gathers intel on WH residents to make sure you didn’t blunder into one of the few active WH corps.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.