Safer Travel Through WHs

I’m just wondering what situation is safer for a DST. Obviously, nothing is 100% safe. But there are some activities that are relatively more likely to get you ship destroyed. For example, manually piloting a DST with no cloak through high sec is safer than autopiloting the same ship.

In both scenarios, a corpmate starts making a WH map 6 hours ago and finishes in 3 hours.

Scenario A. DST with interdiction nullifier undocks in system 1, a low sec system. He looks at the WH map and stargate map. System 2 is a C2 with 5 WH signatures. System 3 is a C4 with 6 WH signatures. System 4 is a C5 with 5 WH signatures. System 5 is a low sec system. System 6 is a C2, but not all signatures are scanned so the number of WHs is unknown. There are 15 unscanned signatures. System 7 is a low sec system. System 8 is a C5, but not all signatures are scanned so the number of WHs is unknown. There are 15 unscanned signatures. System 9 is a C3, but not all signatures are scanned so the number of WHs is unknown. System 10 a C2, but not all signatures are scanned so the number of WHs is unknown. There are 15 unscanned signatures. System 11 is a low sec system and has the station the pilot wants to dock with.

Scenario 2, DST with interdiction nullifier undocks in system 1, a low sec system. He looks at the WH map and stargate map. System 2 is a C2 with 5 WH signatures. System 3 is a C4 with 6 WH signatures. System 4 is a C5 with 5 WH signatures. System 5, 6,7, and 8 are low sec systems connected by gates, not WHs. System 9 is also connected by gate and it is a high sec system. System 10 a C5, but not all signatures are scanned so the number of WHs is unknown. There are 15 unscanned signatures. System 11 is a low sec system, the desired docking destination.

Scenario 3. DST pilot looks at the WH map and it doesn’t go to his destination. He plots out a chart involving shortest. System 31 is his destination, and he needs to go through a lot of gates both high sec and low sec.

In all cases, the low sec systems are not dead-end systems, but they are not the super PVP hotspot like Tama. If one scenario involved Tama and the other didn’t, the one without Tama is probably safer. And apparently Gallente space don’t have a place as PVP active as Tama… In all cases, the J-spaces are apparently quiet. “Apparently quiet” meaning that they have no upwell structures in them, no ships seen on d-scan, and no kills within the last 80 hours. If one of them had obvious signs of activity like ratters on D-scan, you probably don’t want to stuff a DST into it.

In all cases, at the time the DST pilot docks, a corpmate in a solo PVP Gnosis just jumped from system 3 to system 4 and is heading for a place beyond the DST pilot’s destination. In other words, he will pass where the DST is going. He isn’t willing to wait up unless a hostile appears on grid with another corpmate (in other words, he won’t double back to scout, but he will change routes to save a corpmate if he can), but he will keep the corp notified to anything he sees as he passes by systems.

Now obviously a safer approach is to have a +1 scout and not start a journey that involves leaving CONCORD’s protection with only a pseudo +3 (he’ll actually get farther away due to aligning faster than the DST). But between the above scenarios, which one is safer? I’m talking relative here, nothing is 100% safe.

No offense, bu no one’s going to follow the multi-variable word-spaghetti scenarios you’ve laid out. That just doesn’t translate into paragraph form.

Anyway, the safest option is buying a set of Pochven filaments, and instantly teleporting to where you want to be with only a token 15-minute timer you have to wait out while watching your favorite Twitch tiddy-streamer or reading a few chapters of hentai manga. Then you can enjoy the fruits of labor of a decade’s worth of null-sec CSM constituent lobbying to secure a risk-free, 100%-secure mechanism for moving bot-farming proceeds to stock the high-sec RMT marketplace, just like they do in the big leagues.

11 Likes

I do enjoy a sincere Destiny Corrupted reply, so many point’s made with in a short paragraph.

1 Like

Try something.

When people theory craft to much they don’t do anything because of all the what if scenarios they have concocted in their heads. Nothing wrong in taking advice from people that already have a good solution in place. But do something even if it is imitating what works for others.

Do, Die, Learn, Adapt.

5 Likes

Ill go with the cup on the left.

Also, only wussies use maps.

The train is moving 56 miles per hour.

1 Like

I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Every wife had seven sacks, every sack had seven cats, every cat had seven kitts. Kitts, cats, sacks, wives, how many were going to St. Ives

No idea, have you asked that man how many of his wives went to St Ives? And would they take cats and kittens with them?

I am too old for this ■■■■. :wink:

@topic: The answer is obvious. If in Scenario A the C2 is a BlackHole with no stations in it, but the C4 is a vanilla with at least one LowSec Exit in Gallente Space, it is 42% less safe to travel than Scenario 2 and 69% less safe than Scenario 3. HOWEVER: If in Scenario 2 the C5 has Wrecks on Dscan and the warp is longer than 13.37 AU, everything changes. But I think the point is clear, so the OP can figure that out on his own now.

1 Like
1 Like

With wormholes, the whole idea of ‘safer travel’ goes out the window, or hole, if you will.

This is like, ‘Am I safer falling from the 22nd floor of a building or the 18th’?

1 Like

Wormholes should be a safe space for new players to learn to play.

1 Like

Yes. Safer than highsec asteroid fields even.

Don’t try this at IRL home, kids.
The sequence stops at step 2.

–GadgetCorp PSA

4 Likes

Pfft, says you.

I’m gonna live fore

1 Like

I mean the 18th?

It’s generally seen as “safer” to fly a DST from Jita to a mission hub without cloak + MWD but with tanking modules piloting manually than trying to fly there on autopilot. Neither is particularly safe but one is safter than the other.

Likewise a wormhole chain isn’t exactly safe, unless all of them are inhabited by blues.

Comparing a highsec mission route to any WH route… yeah… just. wow.

Totally comparable, yep. :clown_face:

1 Like

reminds me of

This

“42” is the answer to Life the Universe and Everything.

1 Like

All Pochven highsec exits should make you go through Uedama!