Save 50% on Omega + MCT

This offer is supposed to be available until July 4 … but it’s July 4 and the offer is not available.

1 Like

CCP works on server restarts, the day starts and ends at down time. So if it says 4th of July they mean “until down time that day”. Is that weird? Depends as it’s a global game so they have to pick something and they don’t want to be at work in the middle of the night. Just one of those things that you need to figure out once.

1 Like

You seem to follow the same modern maxim as my raised in the '90s kids:

Why do now what you can put off till the last possible second.

But as Aisha says, it’s a mistake you should only make once. Apply what you learned here to everything CCP related and you’ll be fine.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not “a mistake you make once”, since they literally don’t present enough information to figure it out without context. It’s been pointed out any number of times that CCP could simply put date/time on their posts.

“until July 4 11:00AM UTC” is pretty hard to misunderstand.

So far they’ve concluded their customers aren’t worth that much trouble.

However as stated, once you know how they work at least they’re consistent with it. It’s from “server comes back up” on the first date, until “server goes down on the morning of” the last date.

2 Likes

Perhaps mistake was the wrong word. But if it happens twice to the same person, then they’re just dumb.

That’s the point I was making. It should only happen once. You chose to focus on a word instead of the intent of the statement.

vOv

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. If it was me, July 4th would mean July 4th for all players, so it should be good until server downtime July 5th, not July 4th.

1 Like

Anything should, at the broadest, be interpreted in server time, as that’s what anything would be coded under. There is no rational argument for ‘it should last until the entire planet is past July 4th’. They absolutely should have specified a start and stop time for the date, and the timezone, but assuming ‘July 4th’ is all day in any given user’s timezone is nonsensical.

Just as a side note, I logged onto an alt today to get it ready to test some things, and on my first gate jump it popped out a new deal: the Retriever Mining Pack with the expert mining system, fitted Retriever, 30 days Omega and 100 Plex. Price marked $24.99 down to $17.99, available for 3 days.

In the past I’ve dissed CCP for providing crappy value in their “deal” packs, but after the price increase and maybe with some of the new packs, it looks like CCP might actually be learning that a good deal sells more than a crap deal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.