Scram kite breacher; rockets/missiles?

Hi guys,

Ive been playing for about 3 months now, and wanting to get familiar with solo pvp. I did some research into viable t1 frigates and decided on a scram kite breacher to start with. Most fits I find online use rockets, however they have a range of ± 4.5km unless using javelin rockets. When scram kiting, shouldnt the optimal range be more around 7km to avoid being killed by brawlers? Missiles dont seem like the correct ammo either with ranges around 18km?
Could anybody give me some more clarity?

Thanks in advance! o7

Weapon Systems, by Type (Brawling or Snipe/Kite)

Close Range “Brawling” weapon system:

• Pulse Lasers
  • Blasters
  • Autocannons
  • Rockets, Heavy Assault Missiles (HAM) and Torpedos

Long Range “Sniping” weapon systems:

• Beam Lasers
  • Railguns
  • Artillery
  • Light, Heavy and Cruise Missiles

Regardless of what weapon system you go with they all have Pros and Cons, not only that, you would also have to factor in the effect that your enemy’s ship and SP of his character could possibly have for him and his ship. I think the general term of “Brawler” is flying up close (closer than 10km) and personal with most likely active tank, whereas “Kiting” is keeping your distance (+10km range, outside reach of Warp Scrambler range) and wearing down your target with your maneuvering skill all while keeping a steady stream of damage on target. :wink:

I’m guessing there’s a skill issue here, using rage rockets on an unbonussed hull I get about 8km.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.