Script to enable a fullscreen forum view mode (instead of everything down the middle)

Thank you =)

1 Like

if you want rid of that timeline thing, add in “display: none;” into it’s section in the console command. It will still take up space, but won’t be visible.

1 Like

if you just expand the topic-body to 100%, that will use up the space from the timeline (just set display:none on the timeline)

2 Likes

nice, thanks for sharing this.

3 Likes

Got mine set to 75% width and 95% topic-body width and with the timeline thing hidden, it is starting to get there. Looks a lot more comfortable than the 100% one.

Now need to find a away to get the posts the right shade of grey :

:congaparrot::congaparrot::congaparrot:

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for this. Added to Tampermonkey for Chrome and it works like a charm.

1 Like

I tried that, though the timeline floats above the stuff and looks weird. I suppose hiding it would work, though :). I quite like the timeline so I made space for it. It does look a bit weird when there is no timeline.

2 Likes

Nice :D. Glad it works for you.

2 Likes

Very nice, thank you

1 Like

This looks great, nice work! Is it possible to move the blue scroll bar a bit to the right? It’s overlapping with post content a little.

2 Likes

I totally stole your styles, and created an experimental theme that can be chosen in the preferences.

Disclaimer: I have not fully tested these styles, the theme is labeled experimental for a reason. I reserve the right to disable this theme at any point if I deem it necessary or even without a reason. :aura:

8 Likes

:smile_cat: I’m glad to have been able to contribute. This is awesome

3 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: EVE Wide (Experimental) theme feedback

New ones already are wider than old ones but they contain much less info i don’t see how stretching them all the way does anything but covers wallpaper no functionality is added .

These are two 34" ultra wide stacked on each other,

CCP do something with screen real state(moving that dumb scroll bar outside would be neat start) otherwise to me to show such limited amount of info compared to old forums it already is wide enough…actually it looks worse when wide / fullscreen.

3 Likes

If you look again at the old forum, the empty spaces between titles are actually larger. The new forum just have bigger fonts, and actually has more information between titles. I personally like the new layout as I usually have to zoom in on the old forums anyways.

2 Likes

i didn’t have to resort to zooming but that depends screen size and sight to name few,

i cant really declare new ones a clear winner so far what i did notice is improved readability on my aging phone it is a note 4 with screen resolution of 2560x1440 while video content on it is to drool for old eve forums were like desktop just 0n 6" screen it needed a lot of zooming.

new one on other hand a was able to read from my car dash board no problem(don’t try desktop option its beyond terrible) but new ones lack zoom out feature or i couldn’t find it default is lacking(too zoomed in) for 2k and up resolution phones.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: EVE Wide (Experimental) theme feedback

This may be a little arrogant; do you think I could get a silly badge or something to show that I did a contribute to the new forums?

2 Likes

Well that worked well, even on my 21:9 Screen it now looks better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Way better with this theme. Thanks!

1 Like