SeAT 3.0 is here!

DId you publish assets ?!
Can you provide the nginx/apache configuration file you’re using ?

Usually happens due to incorrect setup of file-permissions.

Two thumbs way way up for SeAT 3.0!

The installer is absolutely awesome. Good job!!

1 Like

Thumbs up, but how do you enable SSL?

If you’re using Docker specifically, you need to handle SSL front of your SeAT container and redirect to HTTP 8080 port from it.

You can use Let’s Encrypt to retrieve valid certificate.

We got this thing covered by Traefik in our doc : https://eveseat.github.io/docs/installation/webservers/traefik/

1 Like

I am newbie to this theme
Help me please.
Where do I start to install SEAT?

• Server with configuration (is)
  • Install software (Php and so on?)
  • And where to put the downloaded folders?

I assume we have a decent documentation, why not putting some eyes into it ? :frowning:

Hi All,

I’ve installed Eve SeAT (it is simply great, Thank you devs) however when I restart the server (Ubuntu VM) the Eve SeAT doesn’t start. So what I currently do is i resume the previous working state of the VM machine. This is not a permanent solution and I would like to resolve it. I am not sure if the installation process adds the SeAT to the startup (crontab) if so may be I did something wrong during the installation process. I did docker installation and I am new to Linux in general so please forgive me for my lack of knowledge and my stupid questions but could you please advise?

Best Regards

Issue is resolved.

root@EveSeAT:/opt/traefik# docker-compose up -d
Starting traefik_traefik_1 …
Starting traefik_traefik_1 … error

ERROR: for traefik_traefik_1 Cannot start service traefik: error while creating mount source path ‘/opt/traefik/acme.json’: mkdir /opt/traefik: read-only file system

ERROR: for traefik Cannot start service traefik: error while creating mount source path ‘/opt/traefik/acme.json’: mkdir /opt/traefik: read-only file system
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
root@EveSeAT:/opt/traefik#

Hi there! I have recently installed seAT on a Ubunto 16.04 server. All is good and I am able to sign in with SSO, however, I cannot set or log in as Admin.

I have generated the one-time admin login address from the console, but when I enter the produced URL and token, I get the following error:

Sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found

The generated URL also keeps giving ‘localhost’ in the address even though I have changed this to the site’s URL within the .env file.

Any help appreciated

OK - sorted out the ‘localhost’ issue. Did not re-compose after changing .env file :slight_smile:

Sorted it.

I installed the original instance of SeAT using the quick install method. I deleted this and installed the new instance using the more advanced manual method. I was then able to access the admin side of SeAT via the generated link and token.

How do i make SEAT update ESI it appears to not be updating users information, for example a few guys joined corp a few days ago but it is still showing them in NPC corps?

tyia

One comment - went with docker installation on minimum spec box, 1 GB RAM with matching swap. With only a few people testing it out, it ran out of memory. I’ve upped it to 2GB and trying it out further, used memory seems to sit idle at 600mb free. I think for the docker setup 1GB minimum spec may not be valid, but YMMV.

So one thing I could use help with…

I am using it for corp recruitment, to do API checks. So I want to make someone a “recruiter” role for example, and they should be able to check all character details on users who are in the system, but not do things like manage queues and APIs and look at corp assets. For example.

The problem is it seems like they cannot see anybody unless the corp the person is in, or the person, is put in “affiliated” in the permissions. But the entire point is that new people are getting authorized to the system who are, by nature, NOT in any corp we would have in the system until now and maybe all over the place. I want the recruiter to be able to see all users, regardless of affiliation, but I can’t find a way to do this with the current setup without given them full SuperUser rights.

Am I missing something?

Why not creating a role with all character scope permissions and all characters in affiliation ?

The best start is the documentation actually.

https://eveseat.github.io/docs/troubleshooting/

Ah, thanks - I never really looked at the character drop down, was looking for like an “all corporations”. Much appreciated.

There just have been new updates for core packages after 2 month of dev :

• Api has been bumped to 3.0.5
  • Eveapi has been bumped to 3.0.9
  • Notifications has been bumped to 3.0.2
  • Services has been bumped to 3.0.4
  • Web has been bumped to 3.0.10

Most of applied changes have been focus on performance and loading time for Character tables and Users list.
(big up to @Herpaderp_Aldent which spent a lot of his time on those updates) .
We’ve also introduced events on user groups change - which should make lot of happy peoples regarding connectors (teamspeak, slack and discord are already scheduled for an upgrade - but could take a bit of time).

For those who are tracking official repositories, we’ve recently introduced a stable branch (3.0.x for now) which will receive all critical hotfix in order to improve agility and reduce delay.

We will also try to make a release every two or three weeks (according to what have been made), so we should deliver new features faster.

On next updates, @Herpaderp_Aldent will continue his work on tables, including corporation views.
I’ll start to apply some changes regarding the way queues are managed and attempt to reduce concurrents jobs - like it may actually occurred for corporations.

1 Like