Security hit for

its all so very flawed, this is why i prefer nullsec and jspace where everything goes and i can use my full sp in a variety of ships playing out different roles and using differeing tactics and strategies to complete objectives.

Never got involved in these neutral logi gang pew pews so didn’t have to deal with such mess personally but it could be an interesting mind game if one has the patience for it… I guess. Not sure. But personally I would never want to deal with that as it sounds like a big pile of mess not worth the effort.

Though with my thief alt I enjoy playing around with the suspect timer and taking stuff in general. Also the baiting attempts at the rogue swarm sites was also a fun thing (did it myself and succeeded even in some cases). Those are fine and straightforward and spice up hisec enough for me to can enjoy it.

Yes it is. The war immediately goes away. Wars are between groups, not individuals and if you don’t want to participate in one you never have to. Leaving a war is as simple as leaving your corporation and happens instantly and with no other cost than you can’t rejoin that specific corp for the remainder of the war. You can do it immediately, and at any time.

How so? They honourably declared their intentions to settle their difference with you on the field of battle. What brigand would give 24 hours notice that they would be attacking as per the agreed rules of warfare between capsuleers? If you lack the courage to face them, just leave your corp or don’t undock.

Sure, some of the so-called mercenary groups may be attacking for their own motivations and not as part of a contract and thus maybe more first-party belligerents, but they do so all aboveboard, and in a legal fashion. Call them out for it if you wish, but I see no reason the game mechanics should only allow legal combat in highsec if it is part of a paid contract on behalf of another party.

Enough of this. Wars are absolutely needed now to allow groups to fight and to remove structures. Also, this is a sandbox game and the players get to make up reasons to shoot imaginary spaceships, and call themselves whatever they want. A thug who spends most their time shaking down people for change offers to do so on your behalf if you pay them, they are still a mercenary of a sort, but if you don’t think so call them out on it. I think name calling is more your forte than game design anyway.

it is, all that tends to happen is you end up forming your alt logi, they form theres; you both scout each other and the ones who feel certain of a win take the gate, the others simply dock then smack talk; its all rather boring and futile.

do you read? would you like to borrow my glasses?

mercenary
[mur-suh-ner-ee]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
working or acting merely for money or other reward; venal.
hired to serve in a foreign army, guerrilla organization, etc.
noun, plural mercenaries.
a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
any hireling.

Also, most highsec wardekkers dont shoot at structures, certainly not defended ones so again i find myself increasingly unable to see things from your pov; honestly go back to your little highsec hideaway instead of commenting on anything to do with pvp which clearly from your killboard you know nothing about.

ty, bye

Sounds familiar to what I’ve read about fozziesov :laughing:

fozzie sov again would work better without citadels being the way they are and also if the large blocs didnt insist on keeping space they dont use.

I do so love it when they contradict themselves.

Reread your own posted definition, specifically line 1.

That second word completely disproves your own perception of mercs. “Or” is a powerful word.

Per that definition, anyone acting for any reason may call themselves a mercenary.

1 Like

acting for money or reward, so tell me; what is the reward in decking people that dont drop loot or you wont see?
idiot.
Go away troll.

Yep, if I hadn’t asked here that would have been my go to way of finding out whether it was legal or not.

If you could hunt players effectively blanket decs and hub humping wouldn’t be necessary.

But decs right now are pretty ineffective against anyone who doesn’t have a structure. I was decced for a month, and only saw one wartarget whilst travelling in a frig.

I disagree wardecs are really hurting retention. They can be escaped by dropping corp and starting a new one or rejoining later. They are also far fewer then they used to be AND easier to avoid AND are opt-in (kinda). I think if wardecs have changed retention its because people who want to wardec cannot do so cheaply or effectively. It’s a pvp game but we’re doing a very bad job of fostering pvp in hi-sec.

That happens in all space, except maybe wormholes.

Because of the potential profit.

Not everything is 100%, and CCP keeps making it harder to find targets.

It’s called simple logic. You should use some.

1 Like

^^ Further to this, not all rewards are monetary or physical in nature.

The denial of normal corp operations by leveraging the ignorance and fear of a target group can be ample reward, particularly if you’re competing with them in other areas of the game.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.