Selfdestruct module

Yes it does. It removes the incentive for anyone to attack you. Less people will spend the effort to hunt and try to explode you if there are no loot drops. Much less.

Of course you would. But you should have to make a choice to do so. If your module had significant trade-offs (less hauling capacity, risk of going off by mistake and destroying your cargo) and a way the baddies could circumvent it (bring a hacking ship?) then maybe. But you can already do this - just eject your cargo and have a fleet mate shoot the cans.

1 Like

I don’t talk about people mistake. I talk about more interaction. At first, you shold deside fit this module or not, at second you should deside hold out until CONCORD arrived/ other players help you (you can safe you stuff) or activate if (gankers don’t get profit and you will get more expenses)

No it doesn’t. If nobody of them doesn’t know had you this module or not. It’s their and your risk.

If loot starts dropping less, there will be less people able to eek out a living as a pirate. This is simple economics.

I guess you could compensate with increasing the percentage of loot dropping in some cases. Say boost the base drop a bit and allow it to be lowered with a certain fitting choice.

I’m still not sure it would be a good idea as in almost all cases, you would be better off fitting some tank and paying attention rather than trading something off to just reduce the reward to a successful attacker. Almost no one plans to be exploded, and if they were concerned, they would be much better off from a game theory point of view doing things to avoid dying than to poison the well of a hypothetical victor.

So, no, I am not sold. We should not be enabling spite but rather real gameplay. -1

1 Like

Because you’ve written it, it must be true?

We’ll just ignore the fact that people have prevented strikes, including myself

The truth is, you don’t know how to protect yourself. Others do. Rather than creating this thread, try reaching out to others and see how they deal with ganking.

1 Like

lets be frank here,
First of all, highsec ganking past a certain point is not ‘piracy’
It is one of three things

1.) Market Control
2.) Local resource control
3.) or both

Can the module also nix the kilmail? :sob:
We could call it the Sychronized Axis Loss Termination module (or S.A.L.T for short).

1 Like

I think this would be fine if there was a short delay and nullified insurance. That way, there’s more isk sinks and it’ll help control isk inflation

i think having a self destruct module that turns your ship into a one time AOE super smartbomb would definitely be a change-up in sov meta, but in the way you described a self-destruction module really doesn’t fit well.

Yes you can. The exact same way they can shoot your first to gank you.

Or the gankers are perma-flashy and you can shoot them any time.

Just because you can predict and plan against an eventuality, it is still a risk. The gankers can plan against the risk of losing their ships by carefully calculating how many ships they need and ensuring correct DPS application etc. The target can plan against risk by fitting a tank instead of just cargo expanders or yield upgrades for miners, and most importantly by not overfilling their ships with valuable cargo.

The device in the OP is silly, because it reduces content. It’s already really easy not to get ganked, and the vast majority of those who do brought it on themselves by not fitting a tank and filling their freighter / indy / other type of Piñata with far too much money. Instant self destruct only removes player responsibility when it comes to cargo loading and fitting for no actual game benefit at all.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.