Selling wormholes?

(Alistair Atreides) #1

Is this kind of a scam?

I do have questions though.

If statics exist, and go to high sec, then there’s only a finite number of them. How are they not already completely mapped and known and available to anyone wanting to look them up? Am I missing something about statics?

Is selling a wormhole “lucrative”? or complete garbage?

Is there a market for selling deeper (further away by static jumps) wormhole paths?

(Fung Ku) #2

A wormhole with a static, for instance high sec, spawns in completly random high sec systems each time.

Wormholes do get mapped, but as the wormholes only last a finate amount of time, the map is constantly changing.

A wormhole with a static highsec leading to perimeter today, could have a connection to rens tomorrow.

(Alistair Atreides) #3

Thanks Fung_Ku, but I figured out it will always map somewhere into HighSec.

So basically a seller might just toon a wormhole with a highsec static, then tell a buyer which location the highsec static enters highsec at the time of the sale so they can jump in?

I want to add to this, how is this not HIGHLY contested ALL THE TIME?

Wouldn’t such limited wormholes be the most contested space in Eve?

Are they that hard to find/keep-track of?

(Fung Ku) #4

That’s correct. Selling wormholes can be lucrative, however it isn’t so common you would find a wormhole for sale which still has another corporations assets (such as citadels) in. Therefore, finding an empty wormhole, without inhabitants, and the other aspects a buyer is looking for such as planets, moons, and the static can be few and far between.

I have lived in many wormholes myself, only ever “purchased” a wormhole once. The rest I’ve found with a few hours of exploring.

(Alistair Atreides) #5

What about just selling the info for war-planners to invade and take an inhabited wormhole?

(Fung Ku) #6

If a Corp or player is looking to structure bash, they will more than likely find there target themselves. Imo, much safer the fewer people who know about an invasion.

(Alistair Atreides) #7

K. Sads! It sounds fun to provide advanced wormhole mapping services and scouting for attacking targets lol.

(Behrin Vega) #8

You can roll out your wh static and roll right back into that same system on any number of the next rolls…

I have rolled into the same system not once, twice, or three times, but more than four times on one operation. Though it wasn’t always in succession. I think we rolled the target wh and got a new system, then the next one was that first target, and we got that again, then after two more rolls again…

IT was kinda annoying actually and I thought my clients were bugged so I actualyl made a bug report, with that CCP responded saying that yes the roll is random but you can roll into the same system again and again.

You can get an alt in Eve Scout… if you want to see the massive chain… They tend to a huge map and deal with Thera as well… I have an alt in there and a few other corps, with the intention to grab the intel I need for operations. Its really handy actually.

We make our own map from a series of maps… if that helps ya