September 2018 Release - General Feedback

Please use this thread for general feedback.

Quick Info

Other Information Threads

Additional Release Information

The September release brings visual overhauls for the Osprey, Osprey Navy Issue, Basilisk and Etana, as well as the new Upwell Cargo Deposit feature for structures. In addition to this a whole host of defect fixes and quality of life improvements are included with this release.

You can check out the full patch notes for this release here, and EVE Updates will be refreshed in the coming days to include all the content that’s arrived with the September release.

2 Likes

first

2 Likes

You linked the Feedback for August instead of September

no patch notes or latest news on a brand new way to login
.3090 launcher and this “login with eve”
we’ll just consider not logging in, until the launcher is fixed, or we get news, about a this new way to login.

1 Like

Osprey looks great! Well done CCPđź‘Ť

1 Like

It would be good, not just for courier delivery, to have the “Deliver To” function available from outside the citadel. In the case of courier contracts, the scam is still possible if a container is delivered and you are one of the hauling corporations that uses alts to get around war decs. More generally, it makes managing a corporation/alliance/coalition much easier to be able to distribute things with this mechanism from one place rather than having to fly around and do it.

Anyone else see a massive rise in GPU usage after the patch?

@CCP_Falcon, I’ve fixed the link :grinning:

Yup. There already were odd GPU usage spikes previous patch, whatever was done now, it’s at least consistant …

1 Like

Even on low settings?

Oddly enough, especially on low settings. But not unilaterally, also with the regular single-client hq settings active GPU usage is consistantly higher. Interestingly enough, on both private and work laptops.

I guess I’ll run some metrics, and pop over to bugreporting later.

3 Likes

Dang there goes multiboxing

Dunno, I rarely run more than 2, if at all. Low settings are for the work laptop :stuck_out_tongue:

I like being optimistic so it’s not difficult for me to be happy with all the hard work that everyone at CCP/PA has done with all the latest changes that the September release brings. More significantly perhaps, I am trying really really really hard to be optimistic about how everything Pearl Abyss related will affect my absolutely favorite Universe for now and for the conceivable future…

Unfortunatelty, Cargo Deposit does not solve much for the hauling corps. Containers in contracts still leave the same issues as before.

Containers in a courier contract can not be recontracted. For hauling corps that use out of corp hauling alts, this means if a courier contract has a container in it, the only way to get it to your hauler is to do an in station trade. If the destination of the courier contract is a private structure and the courier contract has a container in it, there is no way for the character that accepted the contract to complete it because they can not dock at the structure and do a trade.

For the Structure Deposit feature to be taken advantage of by hauling corps the mechanics of not being able to recontract a courier with a container in it would need to be remedied or by adding a warning on courier contracts if there is a populated container or plastic wrap in the contract before accepting.

1 Like

My inventory and cargo hold displays now close whenever I dock and undock.

1 Like

I second this. I thought it was just me. Cargo window disappears after I dock.

Thanks for the feedback, this issue has been added to the known issues and a fix is in the works.

4 Likes

Love the fitting tool updates.

2 Likes

I know it’s impossible to make everyone happy, but just by way of feedback, the new Osprey looks like a robot Wiley Coyote head. Asymmetry is fun. I miss it… :wink: