September release - Known issues and issue reporting

We are excited to announce the deployment of the EVE Online September release.

Please use this thread to report issues.

Quick info

New skills in preparation for moon mining overhaul
New firing effects
Market ticker
Patch notes with details
EVE Updates with high level info

Information threads

General feedback (PC)
General feedback and issues (Mac)

Additional info

This release brings a host of visual overhauls including improved firing effects and debris texture renovation. We also see new skills in preparation for the moon mining changes coming with EVE Online: Lifeblood on October 24th so that pilots can prepare for new moon mining and reactions mechanics. A new, optional market ticker is available, as well as several improvements to the new player experience, including new audio samples and updates to text and visuals.

In addition to this, we see several small and useful improvements as well as bug fixes.

1 Like

Known issues

• TQ had to be rebooted shortly after the deployment to fix an issue with bulkdata download. Fixed.
  • Possible to break the Confirm Injection UI when using Skill Injectors, closing and re-opening fixes it
1 Like

TQ is presently closing the socket. Everything ok with the server? Eve-offline.net shows it as down.

halp, etc.

1 Like

We had to reboot TQ to fix an issue with the bulk data download. TQ will be online again shortly.

3 Likes

Having issues logging in lets me log in to client window but when it starts up client to go to character selection screen, it tells me the socket has closed, end up in old login screen saying cant connect to servers on port 26000

1 Like

so now i cannot log in, whats ya done to it now ? you broke it !

1 Like

whew! Now I can sleep at night again.

You guys are the best. <3 <3

(SOMEONE SET US UP THE BOMB etc. etc.)

1 Like

CCP is helping CO2 EVACING! Jeeeebus faakking kraist

1 Like

Hey there,

Lost the multi-account login settings, something usual Iā€™ve been told .
Glad I donā€™t have 100 toons :smiley:

1 Like

CO2 has about 1,241 membersā€¦ you may be right

1 Like

I know im right

1 Like

long term player bannedā€¦ TQ goes downā€¦ somner blink again ???

1 Like

TQ is online and ready to accept connections. Apologies for the extended downtime!

Have fun and enjoy this new release!

1 Like

woot ty, but i was kinda hoping for another threadnaught >.>

1 Like

lost my accountsettings on launcher but other then that it seems all is up agian

1 Like

Jamyl Sarum is still the CEO of the Emperor Family NPC corp and the new empress Catiz Tash-Murkon is still not able to take her rightful place. Fix this already. You had the time to demote an agent with this release, replacing the CEO should not be harder than that, especially after all the spectacle that you put up for the coronation.

3 Likes

What is the point of this ticker? I just checked with a couple of people ingame it is wildly inaccurate. An example: Robotics. While people in The Forge see a price of ~106k in the ticker, I see a price of ~48k while in The Citadel. The people in The Forge see a rather accurate price for Robotics. However, I in The Citadel do not have an accurate price at all because neither are Robotics available for 48k in Jita nor anywhere in Citadel (they cost 95k+ there).

Similar thing for PLEX. Listed in my ticker as 3.005M, but in Forge they cost ~3.040 and in Citadel ~3.070.

So, what is the point of this very inaccurate deception of a tool?

1 Like

Rather than call it a deception of a tool and criticise it why not better construct the statement and report the issue? Allow me:

Excuse me @CCP_Phantom but it would appear that the market ticker is demonstrating false prices when, for example, Robotics shows one price to people but then the orders show different of that here in the Citadel I am sitting at. Would you please clarify how the Market Ticker functions and take a better look at it to see if there is an issue with it?

1 Like

I donā€™t need to use this sugar coating because it is pretty obvious how it works: The same inaccurate way the asset management calculates prices for your items. CCP is aware of that and it wonā€™t change because changing it to be more real-time would apparently be too straining on the database. However, while no one really cares about the accuracy of an asset in the asset window, having the market open and seeing vastly different prices for the item in the actual market part and the tricker are a different kind of cattle, and websites can pull very accurate prices from the game already. So, there is no reason why the ticker is so inaccurate and furthermore no reason to sugarcoat the question.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I kind of like this ticker. It has room for improvement and can be helpful to kind of quick glance over prices of selected items. But if it is this inaccurate there is not much point in using it. Even after I switched over to Domain, prices were still not perfectly in sync with the market and had partially very significant disparities. All I want is that CCP does thing properly right away for once, especially with something so small as this ticker, than use this useless incremental development approach to even establish basic functionality for a thing.

1 Like