“This week in EVE” is a weekly overview of EVE Online related news and events. The previous overview is here.
Blue text links to further information.
The current “This week in EVE” gives an overview of the week from 9 - 15 September.
The September release was published on 12 September. The release includes:
- Improved graphics and UI elements
- New skills in preparation for moon mining changes
- Market ticker
- Improved New Player Experience
- Bug fixes and more
For further info, have a look at:
A new, focused balance effort is kicking off with a first overhaul arriving in the EVE Online: Lifeblood:
- Tech I Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers
- 9 ships
- New options and possibilities
- Coming 24 October
After the Lifeblood expansion, we will continue the balancing effort!
We are excited to offer you a great opportunity! Get your video advertisement promoted during the fantastic EVE Vegas live stream - for free, of course!
- All video material must be EVE related.
- The advertised item/service must be EVE related.
- Advert cannot include copyrighted audio or visuals.
- The advert must be suitable for all ages.
- The deadline is 29 September.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your video and to ask any questions!
The first summit of CSM 12’s term took place from August 21-24. The minutes from the sessions at the summit are now available for download and peruse.
If you wish to discuss the contents of the minutes, please use this forum feedback thread.
EVE Vegas 2017 is now SOLD OUT!
This year’s event in the Nevada desert from 6 -8 October is officially the largest EVE player gathering EVER hosted outside CCP’s home country of Iceland.
Guides and community info
With the EVE Online: Lifeblood expansion on 24 October, we will get a nifty new feature: Mining Ledger.
As with every great expansion, we will get highly helpful and popular “Little Things” quality-of-life improvements. More details in the linked dev post!
Thanks to a massive effort by dedicated players, the Spanish speaking EVE community has now access to some of the best Sci-Fi out there: the profound and intricate lore of EVE Online.
Thank you, DR4GONS and Jijae Chan, very much for eight months of translation work. Everyone, give this incredible effort a round of applause!
Watch the video and learn about this ship, how to fit it and how to use it in combat.
Engineering Complexes in low-sec space can give you some nice production bonus compared to high-sec complexes.
How can you take advantage of these complexes? Here are some suggestions:
- Blockade runners for small stuff
- Deep space transport with cloak/microwarp drive
- Compressed ore instead of minerals
- Jump freighters
- Outsourced risk via courier contracts
And of course, use scouts!
Faction Warfare is an ideal way to have a lot of fun in EVE without having to train a whole bunch of skills or spend a lot of ISK.
Another impressive screenshot from Wilhelm Arcturus on Evepics. This time, we see a capital fight with titans on the field at a Fortizar Citadel.
Adan Dimaloun is well-known for his impressive videos. This time, we see the supercapital fight in XWY-YM. This epic battle saw the destruction of 470 billion ISK.
Thanks to Greybill, we can enjoy beautiful double-exposed images which overlay EVE characters and spaceship. Have a look at Greybill’s website and learn how these images were done. Maybe you can do something similar? Be inspired!
A special offer for multiple character training (MCT):
- Buy one MCT, get extra training on two characters
- Available only via your account management, not in-game // PLEX
- Train all three characters on your account
- Purchase the offer as many times you want
- Available only between 15 - 17 September
This offer is a great opportunity to prepare for EVE Online: Lifeblood (training new industry skills) and to strengthen your alt characters!
- Astero frigate: 250 PLEX
- Stratios cruiser: 250 PLEX
- Nestor battleship: 390 PLEX
- SKIN-Bundle with 10% discount: 801 PLEX
This SKIN is now available in the New Eden Store.