CSM 12 Summit 1: Minutes Discussion

The minutes for CSM 12 Summit 1 have now been released and can be found here.

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss!

4 Likes

First!

3 Likes

Second! (other people should be able to post here now)

3 Likes

Hey all, if you have any questions or requests for clarifications, weā€™re going to be doing a Podcast in the near term, so Iā€™ll take Qs from this thread and give As there (if not directly in the thread) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Last! I also take questions of course.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the concern with PLEX and why all this hate for free, hands-off markets and offshoring?

1 Like

Thanks for engaging in other threads!

How about a comment/thoughts on devs making some sort of mission/exploration site generator to create new and different/random sites for all levels of security?

1 Like

Quoting myselfā€¦ it was funny to quote that in a thread 850+ messages long, most of them about the CQ. Nobody complaining, yeah.

Also on the topic of avatar visibility, maybe CCP Vertex should ask CCP Avalon why the avatars at the forum are so tiny (unless customers run a custom script).

7 Likes

I also had the idea that the removal had several complaints, especially because some players want some more immersion

Didnā€™t read anything about PI, no updates on this?

2 Likes

As a suggestion on what could be done to make it easier to catch ratting capitals, how about T3 black ops ships that make it so you donā€™t appear in local unless you talk. Basically bringing a little bit of J space to K.

2 Likes

Looking forward to reading this

ā€œSuitonia brought up the Asteroid Belt
remnants that are in rookie systems, and how it would be nice to have similar sites in
lowsec with more valuable ore. Steve brought up that it would be nice to have that site
have the warp in location be further away from the asteroids, and having the asteroids
spread out to give players some time to react and make them less useful for rorquals.ā€

THIS

1 Like

The rest of the faction warfare and kow sec discussion was less hopeful. The idea that attracting new players to fw is too difficult so we wonā€™t bother kinda sucks. The idea that low sec is just training for null is nonsense and if anything its the other way around.

Easier access for militia players to move around the warzone would be great though. Maybe a FW player only jump bridge network that costs lp to use

3 Likes

SKY IS FALLING
P2WISCOMING!!!
NULLSEC
HIGHSEC
FACTIONWHATEVER
MORE BALANCING!
MORE CONTENT!
EVE IS DYING AGAIN!!!
PLEXEXPENSIVE
NURFCLOOKS
OPENTHECQDOOR

I think I covered all of the major things people are inevitably going to get their panties twisted over. Did I miss anything?

2 Likes

you forgot ā€˜it is all run by nullsec rmt cartelsā€™

2 Likes

Would love to improve the PI interface (Being able to save planet layouts and import/export those layouts to save time when setting up new planets) as well as a few tweaks and improvements here and there.

unfortunately didnā€™t have much time to discuss that in the summit, but I will continue to bring it up with the UI team. At the moment they are working on the world map, and a new feature for new players. So not sure how much time they have to commit but I will make sure to keep bugging them.

3 Likes

Re-read it. Itā€™s not that itā€™s hard to get new players in, itā€™s that itā€™s currently a bad experience.

1 Like

ā€¦ instead CCP decided to push newbies more towards ratting and mining in highsec ā€¦ yeah.

I got the impression 90% of the discussions in this summit was about crabbing, PvE, mining and ISK ā€¦ is this the vision of EvE? Ah I forgot, and nullsec folks whining about headshotting FCs and nullified interceptor gangs.

2 Likes

Have them convert it to a hex-based system. That removes 99% of the complaints Iā€™ve seen with PI, simplifies the math to something consistent, and removes basically nothing of value from the system.

Also probably less than half the work of trying to fix all the issues and pixel fiddling in the current system.

2 Likes

No mention of the wormhole drone bug, much like the nullsec hole bug i looks like itā€™s going to become a ā€œbecause wormhole space is spooky thingā€.

2 Likes