Ship for L4 Security

I work for a grinding corporation known as USIA and it is our business to know the best fits for L4 missions.

If you want to blitz missions (without stupid purple, blue and green bling modules) then the best ship is the Typhoon Fleet Issue, followed by the Typhoon.

If you want lazy and laid back running to clear everything (maybe for salvage) then the Raven Navy Issue and Domi Sentry are your choices.

The DPS of your ship is not important, what matters is the damage application. You’ll come across many of the ‘yeah but my Rattlesnake can do 1200 DPS’ crew. We can clear the mission, kill everything and salvage in our fits before that Rattlesnake has even made it past the first gate :wink:

I’m not sure what metric you are using, but my understanding is that Marauders are the PVE super-ships, even for blitzing.

I used my typhoon a lot for Lv4s, made the mistake of using XLASB though which meant no room for an MTU, because cap boosters, which made me sad

Typhoons are superb and very under-rated.
For lowsec work you can have a Typhoon fitted for PVP that can also run L4 missions without sacrificing anything.
With turret and missile slots and a big drone bay and plenty of bandwidth and the fact that it’s a fast ship (for a BS), you can fit it a myriad number of ways and still be viable.
MJD, cruise missiles and sentry drones.
MWD, 800mm autocannons and heavy drones.
MWD, rapid heavy missiles, webs.
All work.

1 Like

Any chance we could see these fits. I am genuinely intrigued.

or Armageddon missile/drone fit.

People did say this, but my experience with RS isnt with the missiles. RS is a ship that gives lv5 dominix bonus with just lv 3 skills.

I have full clear lv4 missions using MJD sentry with her at two month starting playing EVE. those two month are spent for salvaging in Pro Synergy and some missioner there tell me about it. Quick training in a week for some T1 MJD sentry RS and boom, full clear. multiple MJD at first, but it gets better over time.

The role bonus is a big plus. Tho, the guy is in lowsec so RS is a crazy gank magnet.

Can you post some fits? I am very interested. I have been flying rattles and am looking to try some different ships. Amarr ships have always intrigued me.

Done Lvl4 blitz’s with an Dual Rep Armageddon RHML + dual Gecko (+ multiple sentry, and mix of Augmented light and ECM drones) solo for ages, total fit estimated under 900mil. Only went up when decided to carry an MTU to speed up loot and salvage.
Only used T1 missiles and one launcher loaded with Auro-targeting Heavies for anything the managed to slip through the light drones, though it does help to have lvl auto targeting and core missile skills.

A little while gave the Leshak a go, and found it better than my old Apoc PVE missioner. Estimated cost was 500mil above the Apoc fit, but Trig ships and turrets cost more than most other T1 BS.

Sure it can only target one target with its single turret, but the 100mbps drone bandwidth allows for a good drone attack force, not as good as the Domi or Arma’s 125mbps, but enough for to geckos if needed, 4 sentry or heavies, or and mix you want.

And before anyone asks the Leshak does have issues with fast or sub-destroyer if under 30km, but with use of web, ECM drones, TP or tracking computer/s and tracking scripts, or maintain range these target normal are one shot kills, only issue is cycle time till next target can be fired on.
But leshak on average can clear blitzes and blockades a little faster than other BS if multi-target selection is done ( separate targets, fast/small target drones handle, cruisers and above turret).

As others have said its also down to individual player ship use and tactics as to how well they do. I’d never expect another to have similar results as me, as i play a mix of sniper and brawler with a single ship. Like i wouldn’t expect to be able to do the same as another player that solo kits, snipers or brawls. Everyone has to find what best suits their playstyle.

Nightmare fit

[Nightmare, Darkness]

Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

100MN Afterburner II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pith B-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Ionic Field Accelerator I

Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II

Auto Targeting System II
Small Tractor Beam II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Salvage Drone I x5
Acolyte II x10

Imperial Navy Multifrequency L x4
Imperial Navy Xray L x4
Imperial Navy Standard L x4
Imperial Navy Infrared L x8
Imperial Navy Radio L x4
Aurora L x4
Gleam L x4

Apocalypse Navy Issue fit

[Apocalypse Navy Issue, Empire]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Large Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Tracking Computer II
Cap Recharger II

Mega Beam Laser II
Mega Beam Laser II
Mega Beam Laser II
Mega Beam Laser II
Mega Beam Laser II
Mega Beam Laser II
Mega Beam Laser II
Mega Beam Laser II

Salvage Drone I x5
Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5

Imperial Navy Multifrequency L x8
Imperial Navy Gamma L x8
Imperial Navy Xray L x8
Imperial Navy Standard L x8
Imperial Navy Infrared L x8
Tracking Speed Script x1
Aurora L x8
Gleam L x8

These are my two energy turret mission ships - A Tachyon Beam Nightmare and a Mega Beam NApoc - they happily run missions: there are moments when facing tracking disruption that they struggle, but it’s manageable (target the disruption ships, jump away, melt them from beyond their effective range - or just close and set drones on 'em). Neither are terribly cheap - but you could fashion a T1 Apocalypse on a similar model to the NApoc and it’ll work quite happily.

The auto targeting system on the Nightmare is idle - only there to increase the number of targets you can lock - it’s a quality of life thing really rather than absolutely needed.

Both are horribly capacitor hungry, you will want to keep the capacitor above about 20% - less than that and the recharge rate falls inconveniently low. You will also want to know how much you need to use the micro jump drive: it’s a very good “I’m swamped, get me away from here and give me respite” module. Not having enough capacitor to stay in the fight and not enough to jump is really bad news.

I use faction crystals - my preference. Many use T1 crystals to save cost (at the expense of time to kill). Bluntly: these are expensive ships, the additional cost of faction ammo is nothing in comparison.

I normally carry a Mobile Tractor Unit as well to help clearing wrecks - I tend to like leaving the place nice and tidy afterwards. I’m not a manic ISK/Hour merchant. That is not a measure of success in Eve, and you’ll lose any sense of enjoyment if you chase that dragon for too long.

I like both - the NApoc is a good powerful ship of the line, the Nightmare is quite a lot of fun - that Afterburner speed bonus is rather good. Watch the tracking on both - they do have problems with smaller targets so engage at range and prioritise well.

Happy hunting!

1 Like

I personally use a sentry dominix and found that it has fairly good damage application and high paper and applied DPS across a multitude of ranges. I use something along this line for fitting, might be a tight fit if you don’t have high skills:
[Dominix, Sentry Domi]
Damage Control II
Large Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Large Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Cap Recharger II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Cap Recharger II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I

Hobgoblin II x5
Medium Armor Maintenance Bot I x5
Light Shield Maintenance Bot I x10
Garde II x5
Curator II x5

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.