Ship insurance

As a general rule, I never fly anything without insuring it. Very occasionally I might move a ship, base to base, within a system, or maybe one jump without insurance, but this is pretty rare.

They’re not, and this is in the same way that if you get podded, while you are reincarnated into a clone somewhere, any implants that you have are gone.

As to whether they should be, that’s a more complicated question. Personally I think it’d be nice if they were, but then that’d remove an element of risk from the game, which I’d fully accept isn’t necessarily a good thing for anyone.

EVE is a really tough game, they’re no denying this. And when you’re a new player, it feels even tougher.

The oft used mantra/phrase that you’ll hear other people say is, “don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose” and this good advice to always be mindful of.

At it’s heart and as a game, EVE has PvP and that means that sooner or later you will get blown up, you might get podded and everything that you do has to be done with that knowledge firmly to the forefront of your thought processes.

Having said this, EVE is survivable and there are strategies to enable you to survive and even flourish. You need to talk to people who play the way that you do, link up and work with those who you trust, eschew the people you don’t.

In truth mining is only frowned on by a minority of players, and definitely not all. Some players are fairly dedicated miners and it’s what they prefer to do anyway. It’s true that some people choose not to do it and that’s fine, but the reality is that without miners there would be no EVE since the foundations of the game are driver by mineral exploitation.

As far as permits go, if want to give someone a pile of ISK so that you can play the game that’s entirely up to you, but be aware that permits are a scam in truth: [Guide] How to spot a Scammer. [Work in progress] - #10 by ISD_Sakimura

:mouse:

1 Like