Ship like a Kikimora?

Hey everyone,

So I know there isn’t a variance at all of the Kikimora but what I’m wondering is, is there a T2/T1 ship that flys like the Kikimora but doesn’t cost 250M fully fitted after being bought to play with first?
If not then I’ll dive into the Kikimora and go head first with it but thought I would ask here to make sure.

Thanks in advance

-Ella

Could you expand on this a bit more? I’m assuming kitey… anything else? You may be able to get an Interdictor or T3D to fly like it for less isk.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

retribution

1 Like

Something that has the same relative range as the kiki but also kitey. The fit I have for the kiki has a MWD with long point and 1 armor rep.

That fit specifically is what I’m aiming for.

Retribution flys and feels like a kiki? I’m guessing with MWD, long point, beams, nano with ancil rep? Or do you have a fit handy by chance because that would be awesome!

1 Like

I’m in a good mood this morning. Shoot me eve email in game and I’ll pass you a Kikmora to go have fun with.

Re: In game email, no worries ping me when you get home. FYI that linked fit in the kill mail is hot trash. In general I do not recommend flying a pre-cursor without T2 turret as the ammo cost on T1 is absolutely obscene. With these weapons you chew through ammo and T1 will cost 2x as much due to the way the blueprints work.

More to the point of the original question, nothing really flys like a pre-cursor due to their mechanics. You have no falloff range, your damage ramps up as time goes on, you only get one turret, fitting is tough, and while the damage can be similar to T2 the resistance profile is nowhere near T2.

I was thinking of something like this:

Kite Confessor fit

[Confessor, PvP]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Gleam S
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Anti-Thermal Pump II

It’s slightly slower, has slightly less EHP and is significantly cheaper.

As for the retribution (which didn’t even occur to me), something like this:

Kite Retribution Fit

[Retribution, PvP Kite]

True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
True Sansha Energized Thermal Membrane
Small Armor Repairer II
Assault Damage Control II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

Dual Light Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
[Empty High slot]

Small Processor Overclocking Unit II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

The CCC rig can be swapped out for whatever your preference is on the Retri (leave it if you enjoy cap stability with MWD on). That retri fit is also closer to the ‘base stats’ of the fit you posted than the confessor is.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

I hate to say it but those fits are just absolute garbage. I can’t even decide which one is worse they’re both just terrible (also the ammo choice is a little questionable; I usually prefer “fit” ammo for the preferred engagement range of a given ship/fit).

Anyways for the Confessor this is probably the bog-standard tried’n’true nano Fessor:

NANI?! beams

[Confessor, MWD beam kite]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Faint Scoped Warp Disruptor

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Aurora S
Expanded Probe Launcher II, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
Defender Launcher I, Defender Missile I

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Energy Locus Coordinator II

With dual locus rigs you have good range- needs an ACR but it does all fit. The Defender Launcher is basically there because there’s not a lot of other useful things to put in the highs relative to the amount of PG/CPU available on this fit. Decently fast, very long ranged, and with some spooky-level cap endurance when you consider it can pack in ~30-40 Navy 400s.

If you’re not so hot on the Defender Launcher and don’t care about having an empty utility high you can upgrade the point to T2. Technically it has a gaping resist hole but frankly nano destroyers (including the MWD Kikimora) have a pretty narrow engagement profile and as a rule you mostly want to bully things that you can burn down before they catch you.

Also if a cruiser shows up you should generally leave immediately; most long-range cruiser weapons (and pulse lasers with Scorch) can apply 200+ DPS to you with ease, and no amount of extra resists will save you from dying horribly.

Anyways that Confessor fit I’ve provided goes 1744 m/s cold in SS mode, preferred ammo is probably Navy Xray, which gives 29 km optimal range and ~356 DPS cold. You can swap to propulsion mode to go fast and move at 2679 m/s cold. Carry some Navy UV, which gives you ~20 km optimal range and 240 DPS in prop mode with the dual locus rigs.

For the Retribution… yeah that fit is awful. This is much better:

nano Retri

[Retribution, beam nano]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Coreli B-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Xray S
[Empty High slot]

The (slightly more expensive than) cookie cutter kite Retri. You can swap one of the heat sinks for an ADC if you really want one- otherwise you’ll need some Genos and a lot of faction mods in order to get dual heat sinks and an ADC on.

It’s ~3212 m/s cold, 26 km optimal with Navy Xray, and 267 DPS cold with said crystal. Decent agility; a lot of these also include an A-type rep rather than the AAR but I think this is a good middle ground between bling for fitting/capability and cost efficiency.

I once killed a ratting Raven in one of these, in fact. Thanks to the lower sig than the destroyers, and the sig bonus from being an AF, it’s also very comfortable sharing grid with a lot of things that are pretty terrifying to frigates, like RLML ships.

If you’re not sanguine about the faction point and deadspace MWD, you can go to an Enduring (or Scoped, but I think Enduring is better) point and a Quad LiF micro by switching to compact damage mods and using a 2% CPU implant. Worth noting however that cap endurance does take a hit- with the faction point+deadspace MWD it’s actually stable, while with the meta variants it’s got ~9 minutes of cap life.

Which is a lot and will probably be fine most of the time, but being “stable” with prop+point+guns running is nice if you need to run the AAR (since you are most definitely not stable with the rep cycling).

In terms of armor nano Kikimora fits, I would recommend this:

fairly blingy armor nano Kiki

[Kikimora, MWD armor [neut/bling]]

Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Entropic Radiation Sink II

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Light Entropic Disintegrator II, Baryon Exotic Plasma S
Corpii A-Type Small Energy Neutralizer

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Acolyte II x2
Hornet EC-300 x2

This is the more expensive variant. Bling or debling the different mods as needed, but do indeed invest in the T2 gun; not only does it offer greater upfront damage but access to the T2 ammo is both useful and cost effective. I would say that an A-type small neut is probably a little more useful than a regular T2 (for the most part neither is going to be that useful but there’s not a lot of options to use up that extra PG on the armor fit) since it has quite a lot more range.

Dual nano pumps in this case are much better than nano pump+accelerator, because it helps maximize the capacitor efficiency of the rep and you’re not looking for huge EHP/s on this kind of configuration.

Also, check out the shield gank fit in order to see whether you like it more or less than the armor nano fit:

shield gank 1k DPS bombs

[Kikimora, MWD shield gank]

IFFA Compact Damage Control
Compact Entropic Radiation Sink

Caldari Navy Medium Shield Extender

Light Entropic Disintegrator II, Baryon Exotic Plasma S
Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe //OFFLINE

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x2
Hornet EC-300 x2

Core probes are offline and mostly because they have their uses and are basically the only way to use the slot on this fit. Has decent buffer- though much like the MWD armor fit (and the Confessor) will tend to suffer critical existence failure the moment a cruiser with the ability to shoot further than point range shows up. If you plug in a 1% CPU implant you can run 3x T2 damage mods instead of 2xT2 and a compact. Can probably also try to get some abyssal rolls with reduced CPU requirement for some of the mods in order to get 3xT2 damage mods if you really want them.

It’s a little bit faster but has less ability to stay on grid unless you can really kite things out enough to let shield recharge kick in for long enough.

1 Like

pretty much what you said; the range and speed is similar to a shield fit kiki, ive not actually flown armour kiki tbh but i imagine it to be slower so maybe even a rail enyo.

T2 is great if you have structures nearby to rep heat damage, if not the cost in paste or isk is quite a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.