Shuttle is the new go to scout. Is this reasonable?

I’m a terrible smartbomb proteus pilot and I only have used it for half a day before I sold it again. And even I could consistently kill active moving shuttles.

Sends them all the way back to their medical clone station.

So what?

You see you still fail to understand. Ur example was T5Z
If you are a local Its 1 jump for ur deathclone
If yo uare a hostile its 4 jumps for ur deathlone to reach T5Z
Did you solve the active scouting problem spending half an hour combating one?

1. The vast majority of the fights aren’t happening across one gate, like in T5Z and 1DQ. Sending them back to their medical clone station wastes their time.
    And if the fight happens right next to their home station, what use is it that they’re bringing a shuttle, if they could bring a combat capable ship instead?

2. ‘half an hour combating one’. Honestly, how long do you think it takes to probe a shuttle on grid and smartbomb it? (Hint: the instructional video is slow paced and 1 minute long)

2 Likes

Alright bro.
You absolutely do not understand any of this. And i would like to ask you to stop commenting on this post.
The “instuctional video” you made clearly show this.
Im not being salty or have no valid argument its just im talking to someone who doesnt understand the basics and so cant see past his limited knowledge.

As I have shown with multiple linked sources, I might understand this better than you do.

Alright bro.
You absolutely do not understand any of this. And i would like to ask you to stop commenting on this post.
The “instuctional video” you made clearly show this.
Im not being salty or have no valid argument its just im talking to someone who doesnt understand the basics and so cant see past his limited knowledge.

Okay I’ll bite.

Please tell me:

1. what basics I do not know.
  2. how my instructional video shows that I do not understand any of this, and
  3. how my knowledge is limited

The video shows you combat probing an afk shuttle with ur probes already on grid at 0.5 AU. You didnt even go as far to have offgrid probes scanning on the target. And thus failed at everything else. Just this tells more than you think about some one. You think this is the way to kill shuttles. And when you say “These kills were made while they were warping around” you clearly lie. Anyone with combat probe experience would tell you the same.
From this and other comments you made on scouting and shuttles you made it clear you have never done it/or had to actively try to stop it.
You will think-> But hey i combat probed and killed multiple shuttles in T5Z. While this is true i can tell you how you done it with 100% accuracy. The main of the shuttle was in an active engagement and let the shuttle die as focusing on an active fight took his attention. You merely probed down afk shuttles.

This all derives to the last point. Ur limited knowledge.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here, I was talking about shuttles warping around on grid:

This means I can see them, align to them and warp to them when I have my combat probes on 0.5 AU.

‘Anyone with combat probe experience would tell you the same.’

As you base this conclusion on the previous misconception I don’t think I have to debunk this.

Correct, as the zkillboard links have shown.

Sorry, could you elaborate? I don’t quite follow what you’re saying here.

As I mentioned before, unlike the instructional video, the kills I linked were moving shuttles that were actively warping from bookmark to bookmark. On grid.

The trick is to combat probe them the moment they warp to a new position on grid, align to their new position, warp to them and smartbomb them before they had a chance of giving a new warp order.

As shuttles have very limited warp speed (unlike interceptor scouts or combat probing smartbomb T3Cs that can move over 10AU/s) it’s not hard to arrive right after they land.

There was one point I did not quite follow, but I think the rest of the points you were pretty wrong. Could you elaborate on the point I didn’t follow?

You don’t like how effective shuttles are for scouting. I don’t agree it is a problem. That’s it.

You are doing like many before:

1. Start a thread about something they don’t like
  2. Fail to convince others it is an issue
  3. Fail to address the opposing arguments
  4. Claim other don’t understand the issue/have a hidden agenda.

Those thread do little more than entertainment for some bored forum dwellers for a while.

5 Likes

And you put all of this on ur limited knowledge again. Im sure you know but jsut to makes sure you know.
“V” is the shortcut ofthe directional scanners.
What do you do when you see combat probes out?

1. You count how many you see. If its less than 8 you are not the target of the probes or the probes are set to 14+ AU
    2.If its 8(or more) you set ur directional scanner to 1 AU
  2. You press “V” and count again. Is it 8 or more? Yes->They are on you->warp No->Keep pressing “V” while observing hostiles.

You see you fundamentally fail to understand what to do when being combat probed and you think what you do works. But it only works because they have their attention on their main characters. Since you assmue you Scout with ur main i will have to tell you this as well. You dont.
You based ur whole theory on someone not paying attention and catching them afk.

This is why you have limited knowledge and will never understand what the problem is.

He’s flying a shuttle. He warps off to another bookmark on grid and ignores the combat probes, as he can instantly warp off. At least that’s what the guys that I smartbombed tried doing.

And if you can scare away a scouting shuttle by sending out combat probes, problem solved?

2 Likes

There are no opposing arguments here.
Ur argument is theycant tackle or cloak or probe. But thats now what the topic isabout. So that argument makes no sense at all.

Gerard doesnt know the basics ofthegame and doesnt even understand what we are talking about.

You dont “hide” on the same grid you see combat probes on 1 au directional scan. Bro you have serious issues.

I seriously doubt that. You already tried explaining why I didn’t know the basics of the game, but failed.

Maybe you’re the one who’s missing basic knowledge?

The opposing argument is that while shuttles are cheap, they’re worse than other scouting ships as they are:

• more easily killed
  • slower in warp
  • incapable of helping in combat, like:
    – covops cynos, or
    – tackle, or
    – combat probing, or
    – extra damage
  • much slower on grid
  • unable to cloak to scout unseen

So yes, you can scout in a shuttle. Now what? How would you abuse the shuttle in a way that you cannot do better in another ship?

Their low price is the only redeeming factor I see for shuttle scouts. That hardly makes them a problem.

Being stuck in step 4 for a while is also a common occurrence in those threads. Nothing new there.

Cept the tactic is available to both sides son. Both sides can employ tactic so your complaints are DOA. Yea. You can sit all the way down now.

Oh there are. And they’ve wrecked yours. Just because you refuse to acknowledge, doesn’t make it not true lol.

1 Like

LOL. Lets assume we agree with you that the shuttle is the “perfect scout”.

Literally, every single corp/alliance in null can use this “perfect scout”. So if they are scouting you, scout them back bro.

It is literally a tactic everyone can use. Ergo, not broken and working as intended.