Signature Radius for Stationary Ship

They do love their missiles

I once looked at a friendly corp who was sick of someone picking off their Retrievers and had 29 guys just logout in front of a belt, leaving behind three barges and three tackle frigates. When everyone logged in thanks to a false alarm of a grey warping to the asteroid anomaly (it was an Endurance, causing everyone to go “awww”) and got ready to logout again I noticed 22 of them were Ravens. I asked how many missiles they were going to use in a private chat. He said go to local he was going to yell out. He said his Raven was equipped with a long list of modules which included 6 Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers with low slots listed as “secret module”.

Assuming Caldari ammo, that’s 171 missile damage per launcher, and he has six of them. Oh and there are 22 of them. That’s a lot of missiles.

Not sure why he said “go to local” in the private chat and then listed his modules. Maybe the Endurance guy wasn’t from the corp of the guy who was harassing them over the past 3 weeks? He even gave me permission to tell the story, even publicly, as long as no player or corp names were given. He said anyone outside the corp can mention it. So he just gave me permission to tell people that 30 guys sat for 6 hours (I was mining too, they sat there that long) waiting for someone to attack their barges? Isn’t speaking in local to the false alarm guy and giving someone from a friendly corp permission to tell the story defeat the point? Three of the Ravens logged out a bit late and were just in time to unload some ammo on rats before logging out later and he seemed to be telling the truth about the modules given how the missiles performed.

Wait, how does that make sense? Even if you need to be ready to warp, you can align and move at half speed (or 3/4 if you think the time to go is imminent). There is no need to be stationary.

Or did the FC just have a brain fart?

Man if someone actually did give the orders for that, one of these days we’re going to see a (non webbed) battlecruiser or smaller get hit by a Duel Giga Pulse laser because the capital had no enemy capitals in range and I really hope someone involved in the story (a dreadnought pilot, the guy who got shot, someone watching, maybe even the FC who gave the stand still order) gets permission from his corp to tell the story (the part about the stationary ship getting hit, not full fleet ops since you know secrecy reasons) and posts it in full glory here.

It’s not uncommon, particularly when bashing. FC gets complacent fleet just sits at 0 vel then everyone panics when a fleet shows up and people just get blapped

Wait? What? Really? I mean even if you think “we got this, no one is going to show up” and you just want to watch the fireworks, it’s prettier if you watch your missiles fire from a moving ship than a stationary one.

You would think so. But that requires two entire button presses of extra effort.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.