Hello! I was able to get the current version of EveMON 3.0.3, working on Linux with Wine.
It was a little convoluted, so I will go through my process. (running Arch Linux 4.12.6-1)
- Started from scratch and rm -rf’d my previous ~/.wine after many failed attempts
- Installed the most recent version of wine-staging 2.16-1
- Changed wine prefix to 32-bit (WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine wine wineboot)
- Installed and ran most recent version of winetricks, 20170823-1
- Ran winetricks. Select “Install an Application” and on the next screen hit “Cancel”. Next, select “Install a Windows DLL or component” and select dotnet461
- Go through the .NET dialogues which will install all previous forms of .NET including the required 4.6.1
- run “wine EVEMon-install.exe”
The program now runs and I am able to add my API key for my character and whatnot and check optimized neural remapping (something the native Linux gtkevemon doesn’t seem to include…)
It seems like EVEMon currently exists in a sort-of development purgatory, although it seems like the absolute best tool for skill training overall.
hope this helps someone out there. o7