Skill Queue Removal

Hi there,
@CCP_Swift ,

First, a thousand apologies to @Paliphany_Bradbury . My previous message was not to tell you that you were obviously crazy, on the understanding that you are not, but to advise you to be very careful in investing without a net, so much money in what remains despite everything just a simple game.

Secondly, I imagine that a partnership between NVIDIA and CCP already exists since the Cloud Gaming offer via Geforce Now is already compatible with EvE Online; this is indicated in particular by our French NVIDIA platform (I have not checked the others) when performing a search on EvE Online; here is the message obtained:

Jouez aux jeux que vous possédez. Trouvez les jeux que vous voulez. | NVIDIA GeForce NOW

"GeForce NOW supports these games.

EVE Online
Digital Extremes, Epic Games Store, Steam"

After concerning the AI, why not, but it seems to me that on this point, CCP has every interest in continuing to work on the existing one.

Now, to get back to the substance of the debate that really interests us here, I would like to summarize everything that I have already pointed out and then suggested to CCP if they really wish to be able to get out of the rut in which they foolishly got themselves throughout the last 10 years, because personally, I don’t know of any company that would be ready to sacrifice so much of its clientele solely on the Altar of wait-and-see attitude, as CCP has been doing for more than 10 years, the only innovations in cosmetics being in no way sufficient to justify such a cost of the subscription to EvE Online in August 2022; and on this last point, we might as well stay in full ALPHA status under DirectX 11 which by the way works perfectly, while DirectX 12 does indeed cause our machines to overheat, while waiting to see the next changes coming following the next major updates , updates that we hope if possible deployed without the slightest bugs, like these random bugs for the least incomprehensible in August 2022, of display of the windows of the game interface.

But before that, I would like to highlight this recently highlighted by Chribba on his Twitter account, as it brings back some very good memories in me:

I now open this summary dedicated to EvE Online:

1- There are at least two or even three categories of players today: a) MMO-RPG-RTS players, b) PvP arena players, and c) investment players; a) the first spend a lot of their personal time in the game in the medium term (10 years), b) the second are fond of fast PvP games in the short term (1 year), and c) the third make the game their financial activity main in the long term (100 years? lol, I don’t care).

2- From CCP’s point of view, these three categories of players should be transformed into three distinct sources of income broken down according to three maximum time scales, namely short (b), medium (a) or long term (c), knowing that from the point of view of the players, its three categories can therefore in no way cohabit without their consent, and this contrary to what all the players of the second category wrongly claim, which became indeed dominant in August 2022 , knowing that the aggravation of unwanted behavior between players on the one hand, then that of veteran defections on the other hand, are largely attributable to the current maintenance of a single-server distribution of the game.

3- Among the priorities that CCP should imperatively address for the next few months, we therefore have: i) the establishment of two distinct commercial offers, namely a) the establishment of a server dedicated exclusively to real MMO-RPGs -RTS with some adjustments to balance the game mechanics, and this in favor of a fair return to balance between all the possible activities that are currently offered within the game, then b) the maintenance of the current server allowing all players wishing to get into the game quickly, to take advantage of PLEXs and injectors to be able to get started without having to wait, and finally ii) the complete overhaul of the skills system in order to favor automatic progression of skills relying exclusively , and this in near real time, on the only activity reports of the players who will in fact be able to have access to all the ships and equipment available, but at the initial level of mastery = 0 that only successive activity reports will subsequently allow it to gradually increase.

4- Next, CCP should very seriously review its position concerning the blockchain and NFTs, in the context c) of setting up a third server reserved this time, exclusively for investment players, knowing that all players from the previous categories can of course, if they wish, be interested in it too; this transversality between all the servers of CCP’s client portfolio is by no means excluded, which is what makes the whole idea gratifying.

5- In the meantime, CCP should continue its efforts to improve the quality of life and safety of its players, taking into account in particular my previous recommendations on this point:

[Discussion] Community Safety in EVE Online - EVE Information Portal / Announcements - EVE Online Forums

6- Finally, CCP should in the future proceed with caution regarding its commercial policy so that an episode as hazardous as that of inflation of +33% never happens again; at European level, I urge CCP to follow the ongoing debate on the initiative of 20 European consumer associations that I list below; I remind you in passing that EvE Online is PEGI 12 certified; the following document is Norwegian and serves as a basis for reflection at European level, knowing that it is not limited only to loot boxes:

Here is the list of the top 20 European consumer associations that are actively calling on the European authorities to put in place strict and effective regulation of the entire sector of the video game industry:

VKI (the Austrian Consumers’ Association), Асоциация активни потребители - Bnaac (The Bulgarian National Association), dTest (Czech Association of Consumers TEST), Forbrugerrådet Tænk (The Danish Consumer Council), Verbraucherzentrale bundesverband - VZBV (The Federation of German Consumer Organisations), KEPKA - Consumers’ Protection Center, Greece, EKPIZO (Consumers’ Association “The Quality of Life”), Greece, Neytendasamtökin - NS (The Consumers´ Association of Iceland), Adiconsum (Consumers and Environment Protection Association), Italy, Latvijas Patērētāju Interešu Aizstāvības Asociācija - LPIAA (Latvian National Association for Consumer Protection), Consumentenbond, Netherlands, Forbrukerrådet (The Norwegian Consumer Council), Federacja Konsumentow (The Polish Consumers’ Association), DECO, Portugal, Zveza Potrošnikov Slovenije - ZPS (the Slovene Consumers’ Association), Organización de consumidores y usuarios - OCU, Spain, Asufin, Spain, Sveriges Konsumenter (The Swedish Consumers’ Association), Fédération Romande des consommateurs - FRC (The Romande Consumer Federation), Switzerland - L’UFC Que Choisir (L’Union Fédérale des Consommateurs), France.

So. Try To Fly Safe Again. Or Not.

Ully Loom

ps: Don’t feed the troll - [Preferences][Notifications][Users][Users Ignored] + Add what you want Forever…

1 Like