Streamer stops due to grief

Hello New Eden,

Coming back only occasionally to browse this forum can sometimes be eloquent to say the least.

It’s a fairly well-known streamer that we have there. Personally, I especially remember one of his videos totaling more than 20,000 views, which is not nothing, concerning the particularly offensive fit of a Barghest accessible in ALPHA:

I therefore find very inappropriate, even sterile, certain comments posted under this topic, in particular from certain well-known lollipops. We also feel very well here the gene that such a topic suggests, which only relays on this forum, information that is worrying to say the least with regard to the catastrophic situation still in progress:

https://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

If this streamer has actually contacted CCP to report this particular instance of harassment, then what is CCP doing since their previous post on the subject, under which I made some suggestions myself:

The New Eden ship is taking on water from all sides, and no one seems to want to react on CCP’s side, although it is very important to keep in mind that CCP can never be a judge in this type of case. Moreover, the proliferation ad nauseam of certain types of comments on this forum only makes things worse, and therefore in no way appeases them.

So my faith… So do things as you see fit; the indicators are there anyway to alert you… Also, there will inevitably come a time when you will be forced to admit and react at least by means of a special mention, such as this one for example, that no one don’t want to have to read one day:

“We’re sorry, EvE Online is definitely CLOSED!”

This topic is indeed part of the ethics currently implemented by all publishing companies in the video game sector. However, if it is true that so far, these same companies have done absolutely nothing to curb these phenomena of harassment, or even addiction resulting from it (a coin always has two sides, one visible during that the other remains hidden, and vice versa), harassment and addiction very often revealing themselves to be pathologically closely linked, most often even encouraging them through commercial postures that are at the very least intrusive and dubious, the legislator for his part must now face the facts by addressing his already eventful political comeback, with social issues that are at the very least burning, as here in Spain:

https://www.courrierinternational.com/article/gaming-l-Espagne-veut-reguler-les-loot-boxes-les-machines-a-sous-des-jeux-video

By the way, a little important reminder, since I had alerted CCP on this point during the summer, on the occasion of another subject:

The facts that are related to us here, in particular through the eloquent testimony of @Adrian_Vexier , show us above all to what extent these regulatory measures in the video game sector are absolutely urgent; I will also recall here my own personal example for the good of CCP:

I’m a veteran playing EvE Online since June-July 2003, 19 years in all. During all these years, I only had one main account and one alt; it was my son who occasionally played with the alt, and this long before he grew up and created his own main account. This is what constitutes in my opinion, according to my own values, a healthy behavior as a player, because any other behavior contributes to the collapse of the game… To be fair…

And then anyway, the video game publishers doing absolutely nothing on this point, favoring the right to unlimited freedom, it is indeed the whole sector that must therefore go through this now. Some will undoubtedly howl with the mess, others on the contrary will applaud. Still, this is the fate that awaits all those who refuse to see reality in the face in order to be able to act for themselves at the right time; this also applies to all sectors, even climatic, and not only to video games. However, on this last point, it is to be noted with regret that CCP is still not one of the best students in the class; is there only one? Sadly I doubt it! very strongly at this point.

So. Try To Fly Safe Again. Or Not.

Ully Loom