Skill Queue Removal

But if one uses logic and reason they can’t make dumb troll/drama posts explaining one’s idiotic ideas and suggestions.

So a lot of people refuse to, or simply can’t, do that. This forum is getting more and more silly, I didn’t think it was possible.

2 Likes

I unabashedly admit I see both hardware and perception as problems. and no I don’t think they are sending gfx data to my client. Rather just messaging, but in the end those messages need to be ‘crunched’ on the server and as it stands attributes with all their permutations require a whole shitload of pulling data building crunch requests and relaying them back.

[Late add: What removal of the queue does architecturally is remove the call to a players current attributes and only need to load them as static variables until the next time they apply SP]

If you believe I thought that because I mentioned NVIDIA, I was in truth referring to this side of their business

I’m an architect in Global Financial solutions. Have been for 23 years now. The changes AI integration have brought (are bringing foward) are mind blowing.

If NVIDIA and CCP partnered up it would be a grand showcase for both and really put EVE on the map again for new players… just say’n.

About 30 years ago I put forward a proposal to banks to be the first ISP (not even an acronym back then) in my city. One of them asked, “But who is really going to want to use the internet?” I pointed at all their ‘green screen’ terminals and said “All of those are going to be replaced” They actually laughed.

But the last laugh was on me as I’ve been working for them the last 23 years and am sweating my last 3 years to a retirement where I may not be able to afford a subscription to EVE - definitely won’t be able to afford 3 In game I have to plan for that eventuality too!

Sorry to go off topic, but AI integration into gaming is the next logical step in MMO gaming and it would be awesome if a 20 y/o game like EVE was there was in the fore-front. For both new, old, and future players. It would easily get another decade and possibly lay the groundwork for 2.

I can only think big… hence the need to PLAN my skills!! Keep the Queue!

[ Another late add (can’t stop thinking about this) A reasonable solution that would provide the same performance gain as Skill Queue removal is just saying that the Queue does not advanced when undocked - Problem solved you’re welcome.]

1 Like

Yea especially with midjourney stuff, I’m actually worried for my job as an artist. And I was already getting worried when a dota 2 ai was beating dendi.

Soon we will have ai bot’s in eve that can perfectly kite at 14.1km’s just outside of heated web range and murder people with these weird builds that humans could never pull off.

Ofc we would just adapt and abyssal the damn web but yea.

2 Likes

Cool, I can tell from the potentially real life information you are eager to share that you are proud of your real world achievements, which is good for you. Just don’t share personal info.

However, in the light of the discussion of this thread, this one is about the investment players have made to build the pilots they are proud of in this virtual world, the core part of which is Skill Points. SP, and nothing else, is the mileage, paid for by real cash, allowing players to do certain things in the game. Perhaps in clearer words: you have not addressed any concerns about the potential introduction of a new system that may devaluate Skill Points on existing characters, something one can expect from changing levels+multipliers+attributes, or even when only changing a single training multiplier/level size/attribute since they all directly affect SP generated per minute…

In the best case scenario, you’d end up with extra SP. However, after experiencing this game and its developer for a long time, most of us would consider that hilmariously unlikely.

To be fair, this new system might actually increase the value of skill point’s as we would be training at no implant rate’s and attribute implants would be useless.

Depends at least if CCP keeps it at 1sp/s or increases it by some amount or even changes implant’s to be a % increase in sp generation rates.

1 Like

I agree with that particular part (attributes), as it would be the same progression for everyone from the time of introduction onwards. It’s all the rest that bothers me. I see no justifiable reason why it would take a person two months of training to get into a hull where it used to take one month in the past. Or vice versa.

Yea, CCP will probably take the opportunity to decrease the amount of time one needs to invest into the game to get skills out making it easier for new players to join in and invest.

but you found them irresistible enough to post. Many thanks. It’s a pity you didn’t take the additional time to point out where I made an error in the reasoning. Because here’s me hoping I’m we’re both wrong.

where you insinuate losing SP already applied to skills and stuff like in a drastic way…cause that is not what the Dev said…

The Op and even I at one point was accused of rumor mongering or fear mongering…and that was cleared up…

What you are doing is exactly that, actually @ISD_Traindriver here is your boy that likes to FearRumor Monger, go get him instead.

1 Like

Show me where I insinuated loss of SP. I did point out that the intrinsic value of SP (which translates directly into $/SP, in the sense of sub paid) inevitably changes when the SP system gets an overhaul. That may be a subtle difference to you, but it isn’t. That may lead some people to “fear” changes, but does not change the direct consequences of such a change.

As to the viciousness with which you respond, perhaps you should consider the consequences of repeatedly making insults that border on despise. Those were unprovoked. You don’t have to like me or my reasoning, but you will not attack me personally either.

@Ramona_McCandless This comment was written with the intent to agree with your point. IMO people who don’t overcome adversity are accepting participation trophies by default. The moderator yanked it. Perhaps the linkage broke down along the way.

Must have been late at night.

Hi there,
@CCP_Swift ,

First, a thousand apologies to @Paliphany_Bradbury . My previous message was not to tell you that you were obviously crazy, on the understanding that you are not, but to advise you to be very careful in investing without a net, so much money in what remains despite everything just a simple game.

Secondly, I imagine that a partnership between NVIDIA and CCP already exists since the Cloud Gaming offer via Geforce Now is already compatible with EvE Online; this is indicated in particular by our French NVIDIA platform (I have not checked the others) when performing a search on EvE Online; here is the message obtained:

Jouez aux jeux que vous possédez. Trouvez les jeux que vous voulez. | NVIDIA GeForce NOW

"GeForce NOW supports these games.

EVE Online
Digital Extremes, Epic Games Store, Steam"

After concerning the AI, why not, but it seems to me that on this point, CCP has every interest in continuing to work on the existing one.

Now, to get back to the substance of the debate that really interests us here, I would like to summarize everything that I have already pointed out and then suggested to CCP if they really wish to be able to get out of the rut in which they foolishly got themselves throughout the last 10 years, because personally, I don’t know of any company that would be ready to sacrifice so much of its clientele solely on the Altar of wait-and-see attitude, as CCP has been doing for more than 10 years, the only innovations in cosmetics being in no way sufficient to justify such a cost of the subscription to EvE Online in August 2022; and on this last point, we might as well stay in full ALPHA status under DirectX 11 which by the way works perfectly, while DirectX 12 does indeed cause our machines to overheat, while waiting to see the next changes coming following the next major updates , updates that we hope if possible deployed without the slightest bugs, like these random bugs for the least incomprehensible in August 2022, of display of the windows of the game interface.

But before that, I would like to highlight this recently highlighted by Chribba on his Twitter account, as it brings back some very good memories in me:

I now open this summary dedicated to EvE Online:

1- There are at least two or even three categories of players today: a) MMO-RPG-RTS players, b) PvP arena players, and c) investment players; a) the first spend a lot of their personal time in the game in the medium term (10 years), b) the second are fond of fast PvP games in the short term (1 year), and c) the third make the game their financial activity main in the long term (100 years? lol, I don’t care).

2- From CCP’s point of view, these three categories of players should be transformed into three distinct sources of income broken down according to three maximum time scales, namely short (b), medium (a) or long term (c), knowing that from the point of view of the players, its three categories can therefore in no way cohabit without their consent, and this contrary to what all the players of the second category wrongly claim, which became indeed dominant in August 2022 , knowing that the aggravation of unwanted behavior between players on the one hand, then that of veteran defections on the other hand, are largely attributable to the current maintenance of a single-server distribution of the game.

3- Among the priorities that CCP should imperatively address for the next few months, we therefore have: i) the establishment of two distinct commercial offers, namely a) the establishment of a server dedicated exclusively to real MMO-RPGs -RTS with some adjustments to balance the game mechanics, and this in favor of a fair return to balance between all the possible activities that are currently offered within the game, then b) the maintenance of the current server allowing all players wishing to get into the game quickly, to take advantage of PLEXs and injectors to be able to get started without having to wait, and finally ii) the complete overhaul of the skills system in order to favor automatic progression of skills relying exclusively , and this in near real time, on the only activity reports of the players who will in fact be able to have access to all the ships and equipment available, but at the initial level of mastery = 0 that only successive activity reports will subsequently allow it to gradually increase.

4- Next, CCP should very seriously review its position concerning the blockchain and NFTs, in the context c) of setting up a third server reserved this time, exclusively for investment players, knowing that all players from the previous categories can of course, if they wish, be interested in it too; this transversality between all the servers of CCP’s client portfolio is by no means excluded, which is what makes the whole idea gratifying.

5- In the meantime, CCP should continue its efforts to improve the quality of life and safety of its players, taking into account in particular my previous recommendations on this point:

[Discussion] Community Safety in EVE Online - EVE Information Portal / Announcements - EVE Online Forums

6- Finally, CCP should in the future proceed with caution regarding its commercial policy so that an episode as hazardous as that of inflation of +33% never happens again; at European level, I urge CCP to follow the ongoing debate on the initiative of 20 European consumer associations that I list below; I remind you in passing that EvE Online is PEGI 12 certified; the following document is Norwegian and serves as a basis for reflection at European level, knowing that it is not limited only to loot boxes:

Here is the list of the top 20 European consumer associations that are actively calling on the European authorities to put in place strict and effective regulation of the entire sector of the video game industry:

VKI (the Austrian Consumers’ Association), Асоциация активни потребители - Bnaac (The Bulgarian National Association), dTest (Czech Association of Consumers TEST), Forbrugerrådet Tænk (The Danish Consumer Council), Verbraucherzentrale bundesverband - VZBV (The Federation of German Consumer Organisations), KEPKA - Consumers’ Protection Center, Greece, EKPIZO (Consumers’ Association “The Quality of Life”), Greece, Neytendasamtökin - NS (The Consumers´ Association of Iceland), Adiconsum (Consumers and Environment Protection Association), Italy, Latvijas Patērētāju Interešu Aizstāvības Asociācija - LPIAA (Latvian National Association for Consumer Protection), Consumentenbond, Netherlands, Forbrukerrådet (The Norwegian Consumer Council), Federacja Konsumentow (The Polish Consumers’ Association), DECO, Portugal, Zveza Potrošnikov Slovenije - ZPS (the Slovene Consumers’ Association), Organización de consumidores y usuarios - OCU, Spain, Asufin, Spain, Sveriges Konsumenter (The Swedish Consumers’ Association), Fédération Romande des consommateurs - FRC (The Romande Consumer Federation), Switzerland - L’UFC Que Choisir (L’Union Fédérale des Consommateurs), France.

So. Try To Fly Safe Again. Or Not.

Ully Loom

ps: Don’t feed the troll - [Preferences][Notifications][Users][Users Ignored] + Add what you want Forever…

1 Like

If you have adapted and overcome, youve already succeeded

2 Likes

Apologies accepted as graciously as text allows :slight_smile:

It’s a pure gamble/bet based on hopes EVE evolves in a way my gamble at least breaks even. Like I said in earlier posts I’ve gone into Eve viewing it as my retirement hobby and knowing I’ll likely only be able to afford 1 sub in 3 years when I retire.

Besides $5k is nothing compared to the $80K already lost in my 401k :wink:

That means they have an established partnership with the graphics & storage side of NVIDIA but I’d be willing to bet that’s completely different than a relationship with the AI development side.

1 Like

@Wadiest_Yong here is your insinuation that you posted…wanna try again?

and i have not made a personal attack…yet, just laying assault on your ideas.

There’s a world of difference between an insinuation (e.g. this boy is fear and rumor mongering) and a logical deduction (which is based on the current mechanics of SP generation and SP required to get certain skill levels). Try again.

Here’s your mistake: it’s not an idea, it’s a logical deduction with a consequence, based on how the current system works.

I would be okay with an ‘assault on your ideas’ if it were a discussion based on analyzing the steps in the deduction and finding any mistake. You haven’t made an assault on the deduction yet, which is based on a very simple formula for SP/min containing two variables which are currently under the control of the player.

we seem to have very different ideas about insults, basic polite behavior, and false accusations.

would that make it premeditated, and … harassment ? perhaps a post for ccp’s thread on community safety, although even there it would be a distraction from their main topic.

4 Likes

He has named himself max troll for a reason.

1 Like

You’re more than likely correct. The changes to the sill system are taking place now. I’m curious how it’s going work out. It’s all very interesting.

Except they decided to remove all training and skills now. Everyone can fly everything once this is pushed live. A more fair game for everyone.

I would imagine this will give CCP the opportunity to make skill progression horribly slow so they can force more predatory p2w on player to buy more skill injectors, skill point packs and bundles. Notice in video he never said skill point accumulation would remain the same as it is now… They have no reason to change a core mechanic of the game such as the skill que unless its to make them more $$. Glad I dont play this anymore. Everything they have done in the past 3 years has driven vets like me further and further away. The skill que isn’t the problem its the monetization and $19.99 sub price.