Skilling Spree - Event Feedback

A heron getting ganked by a cloaky proteus is not fair, but that’s something to take into account t for the risks of exploration and using a ship as basic as a heron.

This is just straight up unfair and you can’t do anything about it. Either you get so or not, just because of some RNG, which is not fair.

1 Like

They automatically go to your unallocated skill point area located on the bottom of your character screen. You can then go in at your leisure to apply them to your skill queue.

2 Likes

This all again…

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/6539576/#post6539576

What happened CCP? Forgot the old times?

It didnt boost log in numbers, only activities a bit. Like whats needed to kill 1 NPC… :baby_bottle:

2 Likes

Underwhelming, killed my daily NPC, and now what do?

1 Like

Kill more

My opinion on this event is somewhat mixed. As a new player I’m grateful for the opportunity to acquire more skill points that I can use to accelerate my training, but I’m also somewhat underwhelmed by what is needed to acquire these skill points. I also think that this could serve as an excellent learning experience for CCP and the community on what does and doesn’t work for events like this.

Personally, I think that the devs could stand to implement an upgrade to the current skill system. As it is now players don’t actually need to log in to train their skills, which certainly has its appeal but could probably be improved by letting players gain more skill points by actually using their skills.

For example, if a player who normally uses Gallente ships with blasters decides they want to try out Minmatar ships with autocannons, then this system would mean they actually benefit from purchasing a Rifter and going out to pick fights in it, which would also gain them practical experience with how the ship plays in comparison to the Gallente hulls they’re familiar with.

Maybe they like it and start using Minmatar ships more often, which rewards them with more skill points for those ships. Even if they decide they don’t like Minmatar ships, that’s still okay because they now have a reserve of skill points that they can extract and sell on the market.

It’s not a perfect idea, and I’m actually certain there are flaws with it that a CCP dev could point out that I’ve completely missed, but I figure if I’m going to complain about something then I should at least try to come up with an alternative solution instead of just bitching and moaning.

2 Likes

SP farmers in super alliances making extra trillions…

1 Like

People don’t even care about how much SP they get anymore, as long as someone else is getting more SP they feel like they’re losing SP.
Just like the implants thread someone made earlier, nowadays people think if they’re not getting the maximum amount of something they count the difference as a loss.

6 Likes

So basically another daily mission.
I hate dailies in other games. It becomes chore really fast.
We are already having daily SP bonus for just log in.
Do you really have to add daily missions that give out SP based on RNG on top of that?
Are you not happy with the fact people are just logging in to claim the SP bonus and log out without going into the game?
Do you really want to inflate the online player number that bad?
Please make the game more fun so people will log in to have fun! FUN is the best incentive to make the player play the game.
And what happened to the lore? Are we getting SP out of the thin air for killing a random NPC?

I have a better idea.
If you really want to please the player base and help out the new bros, why don’t you come up with an event where people will get like few hours of omega times added to their account?
You log in you will get like, for example, 6 hours of omega time added. This will please both Omega clones and alphas, old bros and new bros alike.
Better yet, why don’t you send in-game mail with promotional 1 day or two worth of omega times? Without expiration date or with a very long expiration date so it won’t make people pressured to log in and claim it. Don’t make it feel like a chore. Make it so people feel like this is truly a gift from CCP.

2 Likes

I have also had the Kill 1 NPC for 10k SP Quest today, but killed more. I like this event. The RNG about acquiring SP should change (a bit) though.

1 Like

That would a bit, wrong. As it is it’s a quick grind for minimal sp that probably wont interest more established players. If you made it un capped grind for sp then everyone would be out 23/7 grinding for max returns.

As it is, it is a quick bit of fun that helps the low skilled. (or those of us that are currently wondering what gunnery and missile skills our various alts actually have)

what the hell is meaningful about “kill one npc” lol did you mean menial?

1 Like

Nothing discourages me more from logging in than this event.

3 Likes

Dailies are back. Yay! /s

2 Likes

CCP looking kinda desperate for keep people online with his blackout.

3 Likes

Ok this Event is a joke….in combination with the stupid Blackout it is only a try to Scratch the statistic.

3 Likes

I’ve got the same bug as many others, completed mission but not receiving the skill points/

3 Likes

Why’s it gotta be black?

1 Like

Gotta sell those extractors somehow eh CCP?

1 Like

Just give us local back in null…stop bribing us.

3 Likes