So 150,000 free skill points today... EVE is becoming the easiest game out there

Not quite the way I would go with this notion, but definitely pointing in the right direction. Having noobs who don’t yet know how to point their ship in the right direction undock and be in direct competition with 10 year vets is a ridiculous design and has been for a decade now.

Unfortunately, it seems it takes two decades for CCP to catch up to the obvious.

Yeah it got changed a few times. We had starts with 40k, then it got changed to 750k iirc and now we’re at 400 or so. And remember, back then alpha didn’t exist so training was faster for starters (if you discount the learning skills era).

I’m all for htfu and against f2p as a concept but we have to deal with the reality of today and it could do with some more modern take on things (although I hate myself for saying this).

You are. You get double training speed.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That should be a give in for Omega. But starting Omegas should get a boost IMO.

Can you think of a reason not to?

My day nine event SP and my regular daily SP dropped at once. Jelly?

Lots of games give a “first purchase” bonus. CCP really misses out on lots of marketing potential/F2P-to-paying player conversions with their outdated marketing approach.

First purchase of $10 or more should give a one-time gift pack with some moderately decent rewards for a new-ish player. Once you’ve hit say 3 months of sub it should unlock some sort of benefit for the whole account going forward (like an improved rookie ship or something).

CCP still seems to think they’re in the “$1,000 designer jeans” exclusive product market, rather than the “commodity entertainment PC/console/mobile gaming” market. One of my biggest frustrations over the years with CCP is just how much they handicap themselves with really bad marketing and financial decisions.

Along with failure to internalise and learn from these bad decisions which leads to them being repeated, again and again and again.

1 Like

That meme is so old, that I totally forgot what POBTS even was…

–Elderly Space Goddess Gadget

i AGREE!

True dat!

It was never hard. Even back in the day when they were like, “it’s not a solo game” I was soloing enough isk to afford plex back then like I can now except the difference is instead of doing it in a t1 battleship, it’s a marauder with a specific way of running missions. Things have changed and by taking inflation into account and plex as my personal gold standard, I can make enough isk for the subscription in the same amount of time as I could back in the day when T1 battleships were the epitome of grinding isk. They’re still good but pirate battleships and the t2 ones blow the t1 out of the water when it comes to isk grinding efficiency. Game is only hard while you’re ignorant and too easy when you’re not. Honestly as they say, fights are won before you undock and this still rings true today due to how eve online is designed since there is no room for real player skill to change the course of things when you’re moving at 2 to 1 digit m/s, can’t warp, and your guns are made null due to game mechanics and not players actually trying to avoid getting hit. You basically have to nerf yourself to be competitive in pvp and even then player skill doesn’t matter. Player knowledge and intuition is far more important. In other games, shooters especially, I can 1v an entire team pretty often or at least kill many of them before I go down. Eve online is the only game that’s impossible to do unless the group scrams you while you’re in the middle of a sleeper site and the sleepers decide to switch agro to the gankers. Then again, that too isn’t player skill but pure luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.