So I'm back after 6 years or so.... What does CCP want exactly?

Citation required.

I think the meta is in flux and hasn’t been worked out yet but I also think that creativity and adaptability are even more important now. You have to have a plan for getting rid of your ore/minerals.

Rorquals have been toned way down, which was sorely needed. Mining took a flying drop kick to the nuts. Personally, I’d rather grind missions and melt rat trash for isogen and nocxium than mine in LS unless I was a part of a very organized op. Null entities are having to find other ways of getting tritanium and mexallon. I think the new meta is going to be focused on trade and creativity. You can’t just go out and mine up a new Titan anymore and losing one is going to be a lot more painful which I think is good for the game as a whole.

You may do quite well compressing HS and LS ores and putting them up for sale with a slight markup on jump freighter routes between Jita and nullsec. I’m sure null people would pay the markup if it saves jump fuel (ice is more scarce now too). Another idea I’ve had is testing which rat modules have the best return when reprocessed and putting up buy orders for those modules in mission hubs.

I’ve pretty much quit mining ore in nullsec, what little ore I do mine is focused on getting stocks of morphite, megacyte, and zydrine which I can move through wormholes to sell in HS. The problem now is you have a massive pile of pyerite left over which is pretty much useless, at least in null and LS.

Looking now, I think this isn’t much of an answer to your question but I don’t think anybody knows yet what the answers are. I think there is opportunity for people who are smart and inventive for previously unattainable profits while people who are lazy and unproductive will probably get frustrated and unsubscribe. I’d argue that both of these things are good for the long term health of the game.

1 Like

Honestly, best answer I’ve had. It seemed like it was up in the air because I logged in for the first time in 6 years - I had all the parts to make an obelisk sitting in my hangar, so I kicked that off right away - realised it’s now worth twice as much as it was…

And I have been trying to work out what is going on with mining ships as they seem to have the same old issues, but have been revamped over and over from what I can tell. So, yeah I figured it was kind of up in the air, but I couldn’t tell if there was something I was missing.

I think CCP creates way too many systems for itself and ends up having crazy outcomes because of that. First it was T2, and then faction, and then t3, etc etc etc. It gets hard to balance all of those things and keep them worthwhile at the same time.

Get a mining permit and follow the Code. A permit is only 10mil ISK, totally worth it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.