So we have "The Monitor" coming

“to be untouchable” it’s my idea
of course you didn’t suggest that
your suggestion is super big ship with whistles and bells (who said Freud? go out of topic immediately)
If you want to discuss this ship (go out I said!) it’s one thing.
But, my point is that better to find plausible solution for initial problem which is
in CCP opinion “counter FC headshots”.
I’d rather started from

• exact definition of the problem
  • define acceptance criteria for solution

e.g.
I (not CCP or you) think that problem is
“a group of random people hardly can create a command hierarchy for fleet”
and acceptance criteria
“such group should be able fight despite their lack of organisation because we want more fights & fun”

So CCP “Monitor” or my “ghost parasite” solves the problem (in my defenition) more or less.
They reduce needed command hierarchy to one man and can be used by any group. No size or experience matters (you still here?).
Your big whistle because of price and size can be used only by entities which already have sufficient command hierarchy.

Yes, and it’s boring. It accomplishes the need for FCing… but nobody’s going to want to FC. At least if they’re flying a brick they can play the game, even if it’s short-lived until someone notices them and headshots them. Said “parasite mode” is not fun… even if it accomplishes the need, it is far from an optimal solution when the goal of a game is fun.

This feels like a mutually exclusive scenario.

On one hand, you’ve got headshotting. It’s only really a problem when the enemy FC says “oh I know that dude, he’s their best FC. pop”. Yea it sometimes it’s just “shoot the anchor”, but really, anchor fleets are retarded (more accurately the pilots that need them) and the answer there is to tell people to fly their own ships.

On the other hand, you’ve got the so called “random group of dudes” who, with exception to very limited scenarios like bombers bar and spectre fleet, don’t do random fleets that need any significant FC presence. As the “random group of dudes” is not a known entity with a known list of good FCs, instances of headshotting are dramatically lower - mostly, in this case, when they’re known FCs for NPSI roams.

My idea was for the major entities who have an estabilished command hierarchy already, because the major entity FCs know going into the fight that someone’s going to see their name and automatically call them primary. They have the established hierarchy that essentially opens them up to headshotting.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen in random fleets, I’m not saying it doesn’t happen in small-medium gangs. I’m saying that it’s only a major problem in large to xlarge fleets.

Thank you, you did spare me my noob question of the day: how do you identify the enemy FC?
Based on this, only known FCs would actually need the anti-headshot ship, and even then they would be the primary of any and all available doomsday weapons, so the headshot would happen anyways. Meanwhile the unknown backup FC alts are flying in target painting frigates.

it has no place between games of chance or skill
thud
thamk you,
id favor more democratic changes in line with eve’s nature chaoticly scalable

While I’m not opposed to having my thread bumped… why are you necroing a 3+ week old thread with a post that I can honestly say I don’t know what you’re trying to say?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.