Some considerations - since 2003

It must be bad to get into debates just with the intention of closing threads spreading explicit xenophobia…

None of what you type makes sense or is factual. All we can read is “I want moar because reasons”.

Alphas can comply with the basics of all types of gameplay in EVE.

They can do basic missions, basic mining, basic industry, basic trade, basic hauling, basic PvP… just don’t expect Alphas to be competitive at anything but the basic level and you won’t be disappointed.

As you are expecting Alphas to be good at high-end PvE, I disagree with what you’re asking.

That aside, I don’t mind more localisation. More localisation brings in more players, which is good. As others have said, localisation is for a large part done by volunteers, so if you wish to help you can do so!

Alphas can fairly easily make some 50 mil/h doing abyssal or combat exploration. If 50 mil/h isn’t enough then someone’s being greedy or unrealistic.

Nothing wrong with wanting to have representation in your native tongue, anyone arguing otherwise prob lives in a country already represented and prob should go back to being a Reddit warrior .
Eve actually has a very big Spanish and Port, Brazilian player base the problem is which language do you pick to the basic understood translation once ccp figures that out im sure it could be a thing. So i dont see this as a unreasonable request. Hard to fix a issue if you dont know the issue exist. That said as far as alpha accounts they have no place in abyssal space, as far as I’m concern the idea about alphas is to give people a taste of eve and to encourage them to become omegas.
Now im going to assume this upgrade for the alpha to be able to do it has to do with you mentioning the price of EVE. That comes down to a rl conversion of cost to play not really related to skill. I understand some countries are suffering economic wise,and the value of the their dollar. Vrs what CCP charges for the game and possibly are playing on Alphas to offset cost which is great they can still log in and play, however we cant expect ccp to improve alpha game play solely based on that.

2 Likes

Wrong

Correct and whichever they choose the others will inevitably rage and cry about CCP being biased.

Abbyssal space is not the same as “Abyssals” so you’re wrong, Alpha can do abyssals just fine.

Yes, it’s understandable for people to not be happy about the situation but it’s not realistic for them to ask/demand CCP to change things for them.

I volunteer to translate the game into Aikos, where every word is replaced by Aiko.

3 Likes

Hi Reddit warrior, How about trying to read what the request of the author is asking with some understanding. Instead of just trying to be right ? I know im correct because i represent a alliance who has plenty of the people Niagra is referring too. People can cry about biases but we can also see with RU- China and other communities it works. So therefore it can work here as-well. “Abbyssal space is not the same as “Abyssals” so you’re wrong, Alpha can do abyssals just fine.” Yes im very well aware and stand by what i said anything related to the two should be a perk of omega accounts. You can disagree i really dont care. Free accounts shouldn’t be able to farm them, as well most barely understand basic eve let alone live in the abyssal space. There needs to be a clear difference between alpha and omega otherwise more people will want to play on alphas and they dont pay the devs.

2 Likes

I don’t post on Reddit

Sure, but if their EVE version is in a different language that is going to make it more difficult to interact with folks who’s client is different. This is not an issue for folks who’ve been playing for a decade or more, which you’ll mostly deal with, but for new players it IS an issue. How are you going to explain something related to ingame nomenclature to a newbie if it’s in a different language? YT guides won’t work, the Wiki won’t work, help channels won’t work unless they join their specific language ones which by default have fewer people in it. How are you going to explain probe scanning to someone who’s client is in Spanish, if you’re not Spanish? It’s effectively creating a difference between players, making it MORE problematic.

It’s not that I disagree, it’s that CCP and the game disagrees. Alphas can do Abyssals just fine and they can make money with it JUST FINE. So you stating this isn’t the case while you actually mean that it shouldn’t be the case is both wrong and biased.

Agreed, yet here we are and here the OP is asking for MORE capabilities, but you’re telling me that I’m wrong.

Hi lady

As the game has maintained itself over the years, I can really only ‘assume’ (people who don’t work in the administration of the CCP, can only ‘assume’ ideas, things, etc). But Pearl Abyssis has other investments besides ‘games’. I was reading the reports about the company, EVE has lost players (around 3%) as per the Q4 2021 report. There seems to be a concern about how to bring players back to the game, old and new.

As for the new ones, I think the PVE content should be extended to ‘alpha’ accounts (and I really believe that’s the trend). There have already been some changes since January until now (increased, for example, the skills that alpha accounts can use, etc).

About the translation of the game, we have it in Russian, Chinese (largest market in the world) lacking only Spanish and Portuguese. I volunteered for CCP (volunteer program) to help translate the game. Let’s see, maybe with luck it works.

Perfect. :slight_smile:

I returned to play alpha back when the free to play model launched and I was able to do the baseline stuff with no trouble and this was evenbefore the changes were made to include more ships in the tree to use. its a good balancing act for those who want to try the game for the first time and for those who want to opt out of subbing because rl told them to yet hang around.

1 Like

Deal, as long as Omega gets 100x the training speed as alphas, and access to further ship lines that alphas can’t use and Omegas get a ton more login bonuses :smiley:

Also Omegas should also get a free fully built ship of their choice BS lvl and below every week :smiley:

You realize why that sounds ridiculous right? Omegas pay, alphas don’t. Welcome to capitalism :smiley:

sure sounds ridiculous but damn thats something I want on my omega sub!

You must be new here.

2 Likes

He wants CCP to pay to bring back localizations without paying for the game himself.

Nothing wrong with wanted to play in your language though, but that add a big burden of cost on a company to do so. There used to be more localization in the past but that was ended and I understand why. Using world stats to proof why it must be there is the wrong approach. CCP had to base on the actual players. Not world stats of who speak what language.

1 Like

Before trying to think for myself or others, would you please try to understand yourself?

Second, I don’t remember having elected you as a representative of what I write or think here or anywhere on planet Earth…

Mirror is friend.

1 Like

Sometimes I make out with my mirror friend.

However that still does not make me wrong.

Love your suggestions. When do we start demanding them? :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.