Some of my files are corrupted... what should I do?

So the capacitor at the bottom of the screen doesn’t show. My ship is stuck on Undocking… I can’t shoot the enemy ship because that whole menu at the bottom doesn’t work. I scanned the files using the launcher and about 2500 files were corrupted. What do I do?
I can’t redownload over 10 GB because I don’t have that much data left on my data plan. Is there any way to replace all the corrupted files only?

That really sucks.
I don’t think you have much choice but to add more data to your plan, uninstall the game and reinstall it.

I hope someone will have a better solution because I don’t.

You could try a System Restore to a previous restore date to see if that fixes the corrupt file issue - mind, its been quite a while since I performed one of those?

ISD Bahamut

I have also moved this topic to the appropriate section.

Thanks

ISD Bahamut

1 Like

Option 1: Verify Integrity of Game Files

I’d imagine that this option should only try to redownload corrupted files. I feel rather confident that it would be safe for you to try, but I’m not 100% sure. Perhaps some one else can say with certainty.

Option 2: Reinstall
Instead of having an offline installer, Eve offers you the ability to download a (LARGE) separate file in addition to the regular installer. So, you just need to figure out a way to get that file from somewhere else (i.e. a friend or family members internet connection, school network, public library, business wifi network, Eve player in your area). Just don’t get in trouble trying to download it at work or something.

The file is apparently in the 7 gig range so, you’ll need to make sure that you have sufficient storage to accommodate it. Shouldn’t be a problem if you have a laptop or external HD, but phones and smaller flash drives might not have enough storage space, and you’ll have to break the file into pieces using 7zip or something if you want to burn it to CD’s or single layer DvD’s.

Anyway, you can find the file at the following link.

Oh, and you might consider using the free version of Revo uninstaller to completely remove any leftover files and registry entries before you reinstall.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.