Some suggestions for PI

PI in a wh made me rich. No need to make it any easier.

And it wouldn’t bother me to see it nerf’ed some.

Ditto!

Well must just be another toy not meant for us high sec care bears then .

I started in hs. It sucked for isk but the training was invaluable! :smiley:

Edit; I forgot I had a few Great small wars for control of the hs sys! My 3 acct’s against a bunch of miners who couldn’t get rid of me even with merc’s help. :rofl:

You could create alpha alt, put it into scanning ship and wh with high sec static.

It’s sandbox. hisec pocos controlled by cartels is emerging gameplay. You can complain or adapt like anyone else.

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me! I have yrs of passive data cores I haven’t picked up.

Not sure what high sec poco cartels have to do with my travails but thanks for the advice and encouragement anyway .

You may not have intended it like that, but high sec poco cartels are sort of your second point in your opening post.

Did you know that the tax reduction from that one PI skill you mentioned only apply to high sec pocos, not on pocos anywhere else in the game?

Your second point in the opening post is that you want lower tax rates that are not determined by PI level. Well, everywhere in the game except in high sec, your PI level (in customs code expertise) is competely ignored and the only thing that sets tax is the owner of the POCO.

For example in the area where I do PI, the tax is set by my corporation and is low enough that I really don’t care about it.

So if you talk about about taxes should not be lowered by skills then yes, you are talking about high sec pocos only.
And if you are talking about taxes that are too high, you’re likely talking about the high sec poco cartels, because if the taxes are set high outside high sec, the corporation that lives there can just destroy and replace the pocos with new pocos with a much more reasonable tax rate.

Sorry perhaps I wasn’t clear in my second point what I was referring too is the fact each PI rank is taxed at a set amount say P1 is all assumed to be worth 10 isk say so no matter what the value of your PI you pay x% of 10 isk per unit . This means if my actual P1 is only worth 5 isk I’m paying double the tax relatively to the value of my product while if its worth 20 I’m paying relatively half tax . This seems unfair to me

1 Like

Further to the example given above were lower numbers equate to relatively more severe penalties if the depletion mechanic is using an equation that contains the same mathematical anomaly then I still think it needs re examining by the devs as it punishes more those who have least .

Regarding the links issue perhaps a fair compromise would be to have different locals ( high,low,wh,null wise ) to have different link costs per distance to account for the varying quantity of product that would normally be moving down them allowing those in low and high with the least overall output some more leeway to try and maximise such were as those in wh and null where depletion is less of a problem have to be tighter with there builds .

1. A simple, grid-based 2D interface for PI
  2. Ability to save colony setups

I see this asked often. And I keep thinkimg how this is a bad idea.

Ability to save colony setups means PI can scale much harder with less effort.

That’s good for some people, but not for all people and I think also not good for the game.

Where currently setting up two planets is twice as much effort as setting up one planet, with the ability to save planet setup I could set up a planet once and then copy that 30 times for the same effort it previously took to make a second planet.

Yet for a player new to PI nothing changes: they still need to take a lot of time setting up those planets the first time.

In other words, it massively benefits the multiboxers with dozens of planets. And worse: it encourages those players to scale up to hundreds of planets, as the main thing holding those players (me) back is the amount of effort it takes to set up all those planets.

Result:

• people with multi-account PI farms get encouraged to double or triple amount of planets
  • value of PI materials crashes
  • players new to PI still have to put in as much effort as now, yet get paid much less

No support

Good luck with a equidistant 2D grid on a sphere. (I don’t think that’s ppssible?)

What we have now (freedom to place anywhere, values are distance based) works perfectly fine.

Valid points, but hauling everything is probably going to be soul shattering, as well.

My experience:

• refreshing 36 planets: 30 minutes twice a week
  • hauling: an hour or two every month*
  • setting up all planets: multiple days of clicking for hours

Setting up the planets really is the biggest part.

*(Admittedly, there’s also hauling from local station to the market, which can take longer if you cannot sell locally.)

Current PI infrastructure models are way too large to be realistic - implementing a 2D top down view of a “base” would be trivial. Having extractor heads half a planet away from your command center is just nuts - resource production should be a lot more localized if only considering how little can currently be extracted per head.

The main reason for the change to a 2D view would be to remove the cringe of trying to place buildings on a sphere with no grids or snap points to help. This will simplify building colonies, so a counter argument could be that we do not actually want that, because planetary materials market would crash.

It would also be easier to bot, probably, so another con right there.

Well the thing is, planets are 3d spheres.

It would be a downgrade if we could only access a 2d flat representation of a part of that sphere, just to get a grid that some people prefer.

I rather like the gridless freedom on a 3d sphere.

I’m quite the care bear myself but I’ve moved all my PI to NPC Nullsec. Even Lowsec didn’t have the yields I wanted for a consistent stream of income.

So, try Lowsec. Train into transport ships and use a blockade runner for your PI. Use dotlan to find a quiet area of Lowsec near you with good planets and go from there. After seeing the yields you can get, you won’t want to go back to highsec PI, which is trash.

Feel free to message me in-game if you need any help finding a good location, etc.

In my experience, the biggest danger doing PI in nullsec is that my launchpads will fill up before I get back there. That’s how good the yields are there. Never going back to HS. If you’re not making at least 30M per day you’re doing it wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.