Something to Consider: Remove NPC Gates!

I believe this would be a nice change and provide some challenges for large and solo pvp. I certainly believe it will help in some player retention which seems to be a serious issue. I read something around 60k new capsuleers don’t make it past 30 days every year.

*Remove Gates and place in each solar system a beacon.
Option: Depending on the ship size and skill level would be part of the calculation for max jump distance, I am still okay with one system per jump. Solo ships and fleets warp into the system in random locations, fleets obviously together, (possibly adjusted jump distance with fleet command skills?) Jump fatigue could also play a very big part here as it should.

“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together!”
“Ever hear of an Oni, I hate getting shot, especially by someone in my own fleet!”

Hummmm :thinking:

So instead of multiple entrances into a system now there is one entrance where they can camp for everyone,… sounds… um… um…

3 Likes

So you have to jump from a beacon…and land near a beacon? Yeah…that’s just a gate with a different name. Also, I don’t want to land in a random location within the system. If we could pick a location, then that would be something.

A total revamp of jump mechanics that aren’t broken…never gonna happen. And how will this somehow improve player retention? Actually, don’t bother answering that. It’s moot anyway.

Can you explain this a bit more? How will your idea specifically address player retention?

If they can never leave the system they are in they can’t leave the game, right?

1 Like

Every idea has the possibility to become change and those changes have the potential of gain or loss. I look at it this way because I don’t think the dev’s accept “plex” as a form of payment.

“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together!”
“Ever hear of an Oni, I hate getting shot, especially by someone in my own fleet!”

But that is not a reason why the devs should care about your bad idea.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.