Sounds Not Working Since Update?

Since Today’s Update My Clients No longer play 90% of eve’s sounds, settings havent changed , ive tried changing levels to no effect, the only sounds i get are UI, warp sounds, gate jumps and thats basically it, this is right after the current update.

OS is Manjaro

I’ve Run The Game Via Steam Proton & Lutris with the exact same issue

8 Likes

Have the exact same problem. Aaa! :slightly_frowning_face:

Glad im not the only one

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no improvement with today’s 11am update (Wednesday).

When I fire missiles there is no sound. Just as opponents hit me, there is no sound :worried: Without these sounds, it is simply not fun.

1 Like

same problem with two of three accounts. but since last two weeks. also before patch.

same here and no word from CCP after I sent a support email - and today my client says tranquility is still down!

1 Like

Answer from CCP:

We are aware of this issue and we are able to report it is affecting Windows 7 and MacOS users. The appropriate developers are working on getting this fixed and out as soon as we can. Thank you for your continued support of Eve Online.

its affecting 2 of my 3 clients on win 10…

Thankfully once they fix the mac version it should also fix the linux version, if i remember correctly the mac version uses wine?

1 Like

Yes, Mac use wine. Hopefully soon fix it :pray:

guess there was no fix of this today really makes doing anything impossible… and yes windows 7 here

1 Like

i am having the same exact issue. hopefully it will be fixed soon. haven’t had any problems since this last patch

1 Like

Same issues on Mac OS 10.14.6. Missing some sound fx…

1 Like

I reported this problem to CCP, they pointed me to BUG report, no answer untill now. What to do wait or ask for another time be persistant or wait. Did you guys soleved that problem? What to do? :disappointed_relieved: :cry:
P.S. I heard that only people with Windows 7 have that problem, now I see also Mac OS users.

1 Like

Turret and other world audio is missing for players running Windows 7 and MacOS

2 Likes

The same problem on 2 Win7 computers - cant hear gate activations.

1 Like

i am pretty sure that CCP would blame some kind of DDoS for all f**k ups.

1 Like

I am experiencing this same issue on Win 7. 5/31

1 Like

Same here on all accounts with Windows 10 immediately after June 2nd patch.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, though I can’t say if it worked before since I’ve just started testing out playing on Linux. So this would be with Wine.

Pop!_OS 19.10
Playing through Steam Proton.

1 Like