Special ship animation sequence effects when going into warp

In old non-canon “cross sections” they were supposed to be some type of heat ventilation system (because apparently inefficient Minmatar tech generates a lot of waste heat).

However, in Frigates of New Eden they make it clear that these panels are actually external LADAR sensor arrays. I guess part of the reason Minmatar ships can cut down on weight is that they neglect to use the ship’s main structure to house and protect the ship’s sensor systems.

1 Like

No actually the cheetah has a different animation. It seems that for many models there is a two stage animation. The T1 variant will only play the the first animation while the T2 plays both.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the stelleto or claw warp animation. It is the most dramatic animation in the game.

2 Likes

Iirc (haven’t been able to log in in a while) the claw isn’t as dramatic, but the stiletto made my jaw drop when I first flew it. I imagine there’s also more ships that don’t have animated warps yet, but it’s fairly obvious what it will be, such as the crucifier.

1 Like

Claw and Stiletto look the same to my eye. Could you be thinking of the Slasher?

1 Like

Now that I think about it, you’re right. The wings on both interceptors move the same way, but the difference I believe I’m remembering is that the stiletto’s wings end up at an angle (like Star Wars snowspeeders) while the claw’s wings stay perfectly level. But yes, the slasher doesn’t get the same rotation as the interceptors.

1 Like

Well, I took my Slasher out for a visual look at it’s warp animation sequence and it definitely has a lot of action happening. The wings in the back close together (similar to the X-Wing Fighters in Star Wars) while the small wings in the front on the Command Bridge tilt up while the whole Bridge assembly retracts.

Exiting warp has a bit more action happening, the Bridge assembly extends out with the small wings in front tilting back down while the large wings in the back tilt up forward and partially spread open, then tilt back down where the lower wings finish spreading open.

I then jumped into my Stiletto and took that out for visual verification of warp animation sequence effects. It basically has the same effects happening. However it also has an extra effect added which is after the large wings close together, they then tilt down a bit and rotate to a forward facing position.

Both ships have very cool animation effects which are quite impressive.

I then jumped into my Cheetah to verify the special visual animation sequence effects on it. It has the same animation effects as the Probe Frigate with an extra effect added to the panels on both sides of the ship. The front three slightly tilted horizontal panels on the right side of the ship swivel into a level position which join with the back three horizontal panels. The three slightly tilted panels set at a 45 degree angle on the left side of the ship swing down to a vertical position and then rotate in overlapping each other to form a solid panel.

Like I said before, very cool and impressive animation effects. Thanks, now I’m gonna have to check out all my other Minmatar ships.

:slightly_smiling_face:

I just finished building a Vargur and moved it to a major Trade Hub for fitting, haven’t really taken it out for a ‘shake down’ run yet which means I haven’t seen the special Bastion Mode ship animation sequence.

However I did notice there’s a solid little Horizontal revolving Radar Dish located near the middle on top of the main hull towards the rear of the ship.

It looks similar to this:

Aye all tempest hulls have them and Panther have it as well also unique to just Panther among typhoon hulls it have additional set of windows that during warp sequence rise up and down,just notice that was doing l4s with it(don’t ask).

1 Like

Ahhh, very cool and good to know.

Thanks for posting that info here.

In 2008 (when I first joined) the game’s description of Minmatar ships said the “wings” or “fins” collected solar power. Minmatar being poor and all, they collected free/cheap energy when they could. I guess the canon has changed since then.

Yep, you have to see the Stiletto’s and Claw’s animations. The dragonfly wings… well, no spoilers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.