Devblog: Iconic Ships Reimagined - The Minmatar Rupture

EVE is a vast and beautiful universe. Reimagining this universe and keeping it visually up to date, both in terms of actual asset quality and art direction, has been an ongoing challenge ever since.

It is now time to work on a very iconic ship, the Minmatar Rupture!

Check out CCP Pointy Bits’ blog and explore the process redesigning such a famous ship hull and enjoy the final result: Iconic Ships Reimagined - The Minmatar Rupture

41 Likes

First :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t find item

Sorry, we could not find the item you were looking for.

Nice trolling there, Phantom

Are we too fast for ya? =)

:frowning:

10/10 troll.

1 Like

From my understanding it always takes a few minutes until all the web caches are populated with content, sorry!

But be assured, the waiting time is worth it!

1 Like

We shall see about that

1 Like

That’s the problem with Forums that immediately notify users when there’s a new post, eh @CCP_Phantom?

2 Likes

Alright, alright. You convinced me. Let’s go back to the old forums! :joy:

12 Likes

Hell no, I like the new ones! Clearly the cache invalidation needs to be improved instead :grin:

1 Like

Whee! It’s pointy and stuff! I like the look.

Enough from the old to make it obvious, while not too restrained by it.

3 Likes

Slightly less like a hair dryer, but still distinct. I dig it. Rupture cheapfleet is officially go.

Very cool hull redesign.

One thing I think would be really nice to touch on is how you choose a ship to remodel. For instance, why the Rupture, right now? Are you trying to establish over-arching design direction using certain types of archetypes? Do you pick ships that are more popular, since more people will use them, or less popular, in the hopes they get used more if they look cool?

Also:
WHEN IS THE CELESTIS GOING TO GET REMODELED?!? It is BY FAR the ugliest Ship in EVE Online. It needs a JENNY JONES MAKEOVER pronto!

4 Likes

What are you talking about? The Celestis is fine. Absolutely no work is needed there. Move along. Perfect hull. Honest!

Looks good!

1 Like

very interesting overview, it’s definitely a distinct style from Caldari and Gallente. I’m looking forward to seeing these designs in action.

It still looks like a pirate ship.

I love the updated Rupture/variants looks. Good job!

1 Like

One word: imicus

When?

4 Likes

It looks like a hand gun. Or a hand cannon.

I like it.

1 Like