Spring Ball at L'Amore! - Updated with prize list

Mmm! Elements, fascinating! I believe my current schedule leaves this evening free, so I may finally be able to attend one of these soirées I’ve heard so much about.

Have always been partial to fire myself, though perhaps a water theme might suit my colouring better…

2 Likes

Is the costume part required?

1 Like

Lasa? So, I apologize for having another question, but I didn’t really have to check before and I can’t remember-- what’s clearance height on the ceiling in L’Amore? How high can something be before it’ll start bumping stuff?

(I don’t usually have to worry much about questions like this.)

1 Like

((Thank you for explaining about the in-character aspect))

Erm…I’ve never measured it, really. I would say it’s about three to four meters tall, at a guess.

1 Like

Hm. So, not a lot. Is that the low spot or the overall ceiling height? I mean, is there someplace, ah, loftier?

1 Like

It’s a pretty level ceiling, I’m afraid.

1 Like

I see. Thank you!

1 Like

I sense grand costume plans in Ms Jenneth’s future.
Perhaps ‘lofty plans’ might be a better way to phrase it…

2 Likes

Aria, if you decide to go as a mountain, get a couple of people to help! They can either support the sides or be foothills all around you.

((Welcome to the IGS and our little corner of insanity!))

2 Likes

Are there are any safety restrictions on costume elements?

Seriously Vlad? Use your common sense. It’s a public bar. of course it has to be safe!

2 Likes

There was that fiery crown your mother wore…

I am sure that would have been perfectly safe had certain people not constituted uncouth oafs.

2 Likes

Ah yes. It was very rude.

1 Like

So, this is tomorrow, right?

Lasa, I apologize for asking such a question so late, but, what are planned lighting conditions to be like? Bright? Dim? Colored? Variable? Certain costume elements work better, or not so well, depending on the answer, and there are still a couple things I’m trying to decide whether to include.

(It probably won’t surprise anyone if I say “dim” would be ideal, but, it’s not just my personal preference but also great for showing a lot of costume traits off to best effect. Also, if there’s a lot of dimness, it might even be worth installing some little lights of my own.)

(Also other things.)

1 Like

The lighting will be standard for the venue (not too bright, not too dim).

1 Like

Hmm. Okay, then.

1 Like

First post updated with winners!

6 Likes

Well done, everyone!

1 Like

I’d like to give public commendation to Aria for the terrifying costume of the night.

3 Likes