Stargate Trailblazers Event

This, so yeah you can assist by pvp.

My understanding is “the” issue with Resource Wars was its low payout. Which is why no-one played it. That is what they are explicitly trying to fix now, with a 400% payout increase. Apparently. Otherwise, it worked fine, with no other issues?

As to your interpretation of this being a poor development, that seems (partly) explainable by it being a pilot. Not just of a “reskin” but of also how they might use it in future. That said, the fact that entry to these sites was bugged does still appear to be a cock-up.

1 Like

+1
I would save alot of $$$

3 Likes

No we cannot. Our actions or lack thereof have absolutely 0 bearing on the construction of the gates. I wanted to be able to choose which factions / gates I wanted to support and attempt to pvp to prevent the others from being constructed. That is always im talking about.

It literally doesn’t matter if a SINGLE person didn’t participate. The gates are being built by CCP in a month.

2 Likes

No one would have whined about not being able to affect the outcome if trig space stuff hadn’t happened which was the first time CCP stated/pretended we could affect the outcome.

People are acting like children, just because they can.

1 Like

There’s nothing racist about not liking that CCP doesn’t own the game they started, or anything racist about disliking a company because you don’t like something it’s doing.
I don’t like a lot of companies for a wide range of reasons, not one of which involves race.
Oh, wait, there are the Amarrian ones in general, they need to be shoved back through the Eve gate. Also the Caldari, but they at least do the work themselves most of the time.

False. CCP eluded that during this event that we would “choose a side” and “help the empire factions construct new gates”.

The gates are getting constructed without player assistance so it’s pointless. People aren’t necessarily only whining because of that but because of the arbitrary rules they’ve placed on this meaningless content.

1 Like

Any NPC station seems to have a tab for the related empire corp used in the event

1 Like

Yeah I found it after reading the Stargate Trailblazers - EVE University Wiki page.

But this isn’t explained in-game at all. And I haven’t seen any mention of how long the LP store will be open for.

Mining Boosters: The New Rouquals

lol my god CCP what have you done?

OTOH, he’s helped prevent stellar geography from being a static, boring thing. New developments. New routes. New shortcuts. New people exploding where they hadn’t exploded before!

2 Likes

Use dummy NPCs and placeholder for loot. Specific details about the profitability of the event can be changed, the important thing is to test the mechanics. To find game breaking bugs, exploits and edge-case scenarios. So things like the NPCs warping out 500 km to their safe spot just to then get bugged and basically become permanently AFK, so that I have to slowboat to them to kill them, then leave the site entirely and then get back through the gates just so I can finish the site won’t happen!
(And yes, I did write this exact bug report, while I was slowly approaching said NPC during the previous event.)

1 Like

Still exposes mechanics, which is the most important part, while a lot of extra effort, and not much point.
The warp bug is years old. I still remember carrier boss getting stuck in warp permanently, becoming completely untargetable! How could they miss that? It happened in 100% of sites! One run is all it would’ve taken to see this happening. The only logical conclusion is that nobody ran it, not even once, and this has to change.

Actually that’s illogical.

What does it mean the expert system 'Your pod won’t be lost"???

I activated the Expert system.
I fly my mining frig to somewhere it’s not yet clear.
Hykkota 0.8 (Highsec/The Forge/Caldari) ↔ Ahbazon 0.4 (Lowsec/Genesis/Amarr)
I get podded but my implants are not destroyed???
I

This event, like almost all the things ccp have done since around 2011, is a disaster.

The only good thing with this particular event is that we don’t have to participate in it, just forget the event exists and hope ccp starts firing those involved in creating it.

What eve really need is a new ccp, a ccp that cares about the game and can unleash the full potential of eve. There’s so much they could do with it, instead of trying their very best to sabotage it or adding broken pointless “content”.

Resource Wars Gameplay Feedback:
Lot of great collaborative efforts made with people during this second experience of the return of resource wars; however there are still mechanisms than foster anti-productive behavior because of FOMO.

1.) Primary point of frustration from the mining side of things is the ability to fail because other pilots fill up the orca faster than you.

If, as a miner, you are making positive progress to smash ore that should count as group participation in the site.

2.) Combat pilots contribute next to nothing to the completion of a site. Due in part to this fear of missing out on site payouts players are pivoting toward killing the abundance of pirate rats that spawn. However due to population caps within the sites themselves you’ll run into cases where mining ships get locked out of entering a site because it’s filled with combat ships.

(This was my experience of running sites for Amarr in the Paye>Adar>Goni loop)

Along with point (2) it doesn’t feel like the empires are capable of mining ore to complete gate building without the aid of capsuleers. I would enjoy bringing a full fleet of combat ship more often if I knew the NPC ai could dynamically respond to player fleet composition and warp in several NPC prospect/endurances for us to defend rather than always relying on a player to mine ore.

3 Likes

@CCP_Fozzie HI

Sorry to bother you with such a trivial question, but what will be the fate of “former” resource wars Ship SKINS that were volatile?

I earned one of them back when RW was available in high-sec sites, and never activated it. Would these be transformed to Permanent?

Can’t contract them or put them for sale on the market, so I guess they became a sort of restricted item?

find a collector and ask a tidy sum for it.

The store is open since the resource wars were introduced, so its open for years now. I even had some old LP accumulated. So I guess it won’t close any time soon. Resource wars should stay open and LP stores should stay open. Resources wars are new player content and that is a driver to sell more Expert System for mining. It makes money > it will stay.