Stargate Trailblazers Event

Had a fun chat about the event on Rushlock’s stream.

Maybe players would have felt they had more agency in the stargate construction if the completion date wasn’t so set in stone. For example you could have said that the stargates would all be finished by a set date. But then allow players too speedup the construction of it by running the event sites. At most it would mean that some of the gates are completed before the others, but that doesn’t seem like a bad thing.

Just wanted to post this here as an idea for a way to improve the stargate construction event.

3 Likes

Ah that makes sense. I did some of the old Resource War event sites, but I never noticed the LP store for them until the other day, so I didn’t know if it had been gone in between then and now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

Gankers are like lawyers. Everybody says they hate them, until they want one around. And then, they want one that’s a vicious bulldog on their side.

Thank you for your support!

1 Like

Just wanted to give a quick update!

The Stargate Trailblazers Event, which was scheduled to end on 1 June, has been extended to 11:00 3 June in order to allow more players to compete and support the Empires in their construction efforts throughout New Eden.

The competition is heating up as capsuleers rush not only to gain rewards through the revamped LP store, but also to secure their legacy! The Empires are rewarding the top 10 characters, and top 5 Player Corporations, with special monuments placed alongside each new gate celebrating those who contributed the most to their construction.

With events through high, low, and null security space - there is still time to make your mark on New Eden! Follow the leaderboard progress here (Stargate Trailblazers Event Leaderboard)

2 Likes

Great way to just completely ignore any feedback given in the threads and just push on like nothing ever happened.

You go, guys.

2 Likes

Thoughts:

• When failing the site have the NPC give the player tips on how to succeed next time.
  • Each rock having approx. 10 seconds of module activation is annoying. I guess it prevents botting / multi boxing to some extent, though.
  • Different pirate factions have unbalanced challenge levels. Angels will one-shot frigates, guristas not so much.
  • I’ve failed many times because I didn’t personally deposit in the orca or kill a rat, even though I did a third of the mining.
  • The “Active Challenge” can get stuck on “3 Gold Medals” slowing progress if you can’t achieve Golds.
  • Constellation chat similar to Incursions would be useful to assemble fleets, the individual site chats are not really used
  • Even if it won’t affect the ultimate outcome, recognizing players who opposed the event would be nice perhaps with their own “monument”
  • Considering the “Orcas” don’t use command links, perhaps using a Industrial ship model would be more appropriate

Why even extend the mess? Instead it would be better to shut it down immediately and delete the code for RW sites.

“Bonus” Rock

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the ResourceWar sites? They are pretty fun. They have some issues and could be improved though.

I would say that the ResourceWar sites might work better as a sort of group mining mission though. That way the sites wouldn’t be so limited and it would remove some of the annoyance with gates if they weren’t public to everyone.

Look, CCP devs weren’t intellectual able to fix the problems of RW within 2(?) years, how is the likelihood they can in another 2 years?

what ?

It was jut very low in the backlog.

Then why publishing it again without any fixes? Repeating same mistakes is not a sign of intellectual capacity.

Just because you don’t understand it does not mean there is no reason.

And no they did not do the “same thing”.
For one, they upped the rewards. Which was a reason for the event to be DoA

FYI you need a team able to work on the ticket to take it off the backlog. Just because you don’t know what people are doing, does not mean they have been available for this ticket for 2 years.

I perfectly understand what happened.

And I am Santa Clauss.

No, you are not.

My point, precisely.

Good, that you admit lying.

There is no irony in making untrue statements.