Stargate Trailblazers Event

There is no irony when your untrue statement does not convey a point. It’s just gibberish.

My statement was true. That’s the difference.

There is no irony when your untrue statement does not convey a point. It’s just gibberish.

Repeating your false position doesn’t convey a point either.

There is nothing that suggests they have even looked at the ResourceWar sites in the past two years until now. So I don’t see what you are talking about. If they weren’t planning on using the RW sites for the last two years, why would they have been trying to fix them?

It looks like they solved some of the biggest issues from last time the RW sites were used. All faction ships can now enter and there is no standing requirements, which was my biggest issues with the RW sites two years ago.

Sure there are still places to improve. I would like more information about the site before I activate the acceleration gate, primarily to know if everyone can enter the site before we all attempt to activate the gate. Having the last person in my fleet not be able to get in because some solo player was in the site before we got there is annoying. At least it didn’t feel like a D-scan was good enough to determine if the gate would allow everyone in.
Would actually be nice in general for all acceleration gates if they somehow showed if the ship you are flying can enter before you attempt to activate it. Have the gate do a red tether beam at your ship as a “Hold it! You aren’t allowed!” kinda thing maybe.

It would also be interesting with some longer versions of the smaller RW sites. When I was doing the Limited RW sites as PvE with two ventures, I almost never got a second wave of rats because they were so fast at mining.

But yeah, constructive feedback is always better than whatever whining you have been doing in this thread. Try explaining what it is about the RW sites you don’t like. Or what is it you don’t like about the Stargate Trailblazers event? The event and the RW sites aren’t really the same thing and I have no idea which of them you are actually annoyed at.

2 Likes

Population cap and timer, two things not working in a sandbox game. This was of course no problem as long as nobody cared about the sites. The only way to make those sites work in the EvE sandbox is to declare normal gameplay an exploit. See the issue?

Doing so instead of fixing the problem is an insult to all EvE players.

1 Like

Abyssal sites have a population cap and timer, strange you don’t include them.

Oh right, those sites have a ton of lethal NPC’s and it’s not easy to gank other players in them, especially since those sites aren’t situated in High Sec space.

Remember, he “perfectly understands what happened”.
His entitlement level is just above 9000.

The truth is, there is one specific point he can’t stand, so he will keep on trolling the topic with lies because he is a little crybaby and can’t handle his frustration. That’s all there is to his answers.

1 Like

Lol, they are not exactly the same because they don’t need an exploit declaration to work. Oh wait, the arenas need one as well! Thanks for reminding me.

Of course all instanced crap must be removed from the sandbox, but people like to print ISK in total safety. I could play the Cato, and put it in my footer …

Nothing is stopping a PvP player from waiting at the ResourceWar site’s acceleration gate, and just attack anyone that arrive at the gate. Sure once that are intside you can’t attack them, and maybe there are ways to fix that instead of completely removing the RW sites.

For example it could be changed so that the acceleration gate stops being locked the moment the site is complete. Or the acceleration gate could be hacked in someway, maybe a data analyzer or a short timer. Then the people inside would have to watch D-scan to see if anyone might be waiting to come in or is attempting to hack the acceleration gate.

But like I mentioned earlier, an acceleration gate doesn’t give all that much information. There is no way to know if a gate is locked or restricted before you attempt to activate it. I would love to see this improved.

On the topic of abyssal sites. Maybe a RW abyssal site would make more sense. The players would enter and exit from the same portal, so PvP’er would be able to camp the exit and wait for them to come out.

I was not talking about RW sites, they don’t make ISK but Abyssal instances. CCP mechanics stops PvP here. Somebody who knows it, can’t be attacked by any means. If you don’t do a mistake it’s 100% safe.

To reveal how, in Jita it is not allowed to anchor depots anymore. But deployed depots are the only way to prevent somebody emerging from Abyss to filament out under invulnerability timer.

Back to RW copy pasta, I don’t care about PvP here, it’s about the fact that CCP flags you as exploiter if you do not do what they want you to do with the site (mining, shooting rats). Just looking, warping in warping out multiple times makes you a cheater? WTF!?

I can’t get the weird thinking people have, to defend this nonsense.

2 Likes

They do.

Yes ! finally !

No, it was actually abandoned. This was commented on during a CSM Summit.

Can you ‘fix’ the mining boosters only lasting a few days in redeem que? I have 7-8 boosters from login and from event reward wall. How are we supposed to have time use them? They last 4-8 hours and they exire in like 2-7 days…

If its not possible extend them now, please consider in future to atleast give 14-21 days. So we have time use them. ( I cant play 16 hours per day to use all of them before they expire…)

1 Like

Then you should rethink your prioritization.

I love this event. I would love to see these sites around more often, if not a full replacement for higher level mining missions.

3 Likes

Thank you for not referencing r/eve or their discord, really happy to see progress in that regard.

@CCP_Fozzie

This event should last longer than 1 week, especially since it pertains to the 4 main Factions building new Stargates.

The resources required to build a gate are large but not stupidly immense so… I think that purely from a lore persprctive with all four empires actively focusing a good portion of their industrial might to it… this isn’t that much a break of things for this particular event. As a player, yeah I think it probably should last longer, but in context in and out of character it make sense why its not

The Trailblazer event was awesome. Limites’s were easy to complete in shield and T2 mining Venture.

The question I have is this.

If a lone Venture was running a Limited site and two T2 fit PvP frigates entered the site and ganked the miner, would that be considered an exploit?

If the gankers didn’t bring along ships to finish the site, wouldn’t the gankers have effectively kept others from finishing the site?