Stargate Trailblazers Event

So what’s the point in participation?

I’m pretty sure you guys were hinting that the player base would be able to control, or have an impact at the least, on the outcome of these gates being built.

6 Likes

Thank you for at least communicating this, but I’ll add some feedback.

The potential for you to actually expand on what you advertise as a sandbox game is here. We play this game because YOU say we have an effect. Remember all those trailers about cause and effect… “I was there”…

This is a huge missed opportunity to not allow actual real struggle between pirate entities and supporters of the empires building the gates. This was an opportunity for us to have actual meaningful impact on the geography and narrative of the game. I’m sure there are swathes of players that feel as I do, and I hope this is something you can consider in the future.

15 Likes

They did hint at this right up until the announcement, but did so in a vague enough way that we could all be really grateful when they pissed on us later.

There is absolutely no point whatsoever. In particular there is no point whatsoever in wasting sec status and time with GCC in high sec ganking because not a single gank has any impact whatsoever. And in low sec shooting ships and pods is a complete waste of time unless you are just in it for the shooting. Nothing you do matters. Not even the salt you mine from killed people has any value because it does not change a single thing of the outcome.

2 Likes

This is the biggest load of crap I’ve ever read. It reduces the travel distance by more then half and connects the region with FW land. It’s absolute garbage. What a joke. Solitude has a completely unique player culture that is about to be overwhelmed and made extinct.

13 Likes

Yea I saw that, and while I am disappointed that we cannot affect it I appreciate the clear and upfront information about that more than words can say. Maybe someone actually learned something about how you treat your players.

1 Like

omg, why the f*** do the drones lose the target even i have them on passive and asign them manualy?

Just a trash - more people than sites, a very small cap for each site. Useless event.

3 Likes

First impression - it’s a multiboxing event.

1 Like

This event is poorly planned, a system clogged full of miners that cannot get into these event sites because they have a max capacity of 3-5 people…

3 Likes

I don’t live in Solitude, but during the few times I passed through, it felt awesome just watching the locals go about their business. Back then, there were regional channels for trade and wormhole connections. It was very wholesome lol.

The event has been launched with quite a few bugs.

1. Acceleration gates will tell you the site is full when it absolutely isn’t.
  2. The chat channels for the sites don’t update based on who joins only who speaks.
  3. The LP store for the event is not implemented.
  4. The standings for State Military Stockpile do not give standings with Caldari State despite being a subcorp.
  5. Payments from the event are not subject to corporation taxes.
  6. Rocks disappear at 25% of your lazer cycle in a PROSPECT.
  7. Standings gains for mining pilots are not affected by Connections but are for the PVE pilots.
  8. PVE pilots do not get credit if the NPCs get the killing blow on a target.

This is another example of something needing more QA before release.
The event is really in a rough spot on launch and only lasts 6 days

20 Likes

Like people said already its a missed opertunity for players to feel a part of something, if you wanted a gate to be constructed either way then it would have been better to have 2 options:
1: the original empire gate
2: the pirate factions stealing the resources brought by the empires and creating their own route with the gate.

Players being able to pick up “support the gate construction” missions from a special new mission agent
or “sabotage and redirect resources to the master gate” pirate npc agent.

Human beings love making plans and investing time into those plan’s if you let them see 2 options of new routes they will band together with routes they prefer and put their heart and sole into making their preference a reality.

But ultimately I am still happy that traversing the universe will be shorter, please do this again in a more exciting way to band low sec and null sec’s together for the future, thanks @CCP_Fozzie.

P.s. the mining drugs seem pretty cool, do they work on gas harvesting as well?

3 Likes

There’s even local wars and pvp. Well we have a month more to enjoy it…I’m so angry…

All this because pirates cant be bothered to come in after us, so they need a hand-holding shortcut. What a joke.

For everyone asking about if they have a chance to fight against the gates. You do not. The gates will go up even if everyone ignored all the sites.

2 Likes

I’m a little concerned here: I don’t see a clear way to oppose the event. If one does not want a particular stargate constructed, how does one work to stop it?

2 Likes

You can’t

3 Likes

You are overthinking this, by a lot. The most exciting thing mining-wise CCP could come up with is, get some ore, pew pew some rats, here’s a combat booster.

2 Likes

Technically a mining booster.

1 Like

@Makshima_Shogo you are absolutely right, I was referring to the boxes you get inbetween the mining boosters.
It would been a bit more fun if e.g. some special skins would’ve been included as well

3 Likes