State of The Game, 2020 Edition

Oh, really. And if all crabs left the game, as you imply they should do, then what is a cure to craps worth? Nothing. Without crabs you are worthless. :slight_smile:

We’ll see then, for now they crawl everywhere.

They’re actually actively being replaced by other people.

I don’t know why people keep forgetting this.

One kind of player is being replaced by another kind of player.

It happened post CrimeWatch 2.0 and it happens now, apparently even faster.

While still being up compared to before.

vOv

Then, instead of calling them cancer, you should treat them as precious resource and cherrish their existence, because they enable your existence. :wink:

That’s new age crap, kill em all and let Bob sort them.

1 Like

“Up compared to before” is very relative. We are not up. We are at the same level as 2018. After Blackout culled everyone with a single braincell. We are also only “up”, ie back to 2018, because of Koreans and Chinese flooding the server, but despite these “massive influxes”, we are still only at 2018 levels. This is not up. This is barely maintaining stagnation by bringing in more and more people like in a ponzi scheme.

4 Likes

Based on forum evidence you’re suggesting we should cherish the most dishonest, toxic, hateful, needy, whiny and selfish bunch around.

I …
… hm …
… really don’t think so.

1 Like

Care to point out where I said you should cherrish “elite PVPers”? :innocent: Yesterday, in a fleet fight, I saw some very colorful language from your average PVP joe. The other week I got some really nasty mails from a PVE hunter that got his ass kicked by my solo miner. I could go on and on but you should be able to draw the picture yourself. There is no " most dishonest, toxic, hateful, needy, whiny and selfish" side in EVE. Every player and player group is just as crap as any other.

6 Likes

Well, yes. Apparently you know which “before” i was talking about …
… yet you felt the need to construct a whole post around your own perspective of “before” …
… which I wasn’t talking about.

I’ve never denied that we still have a long way to go …
… but there’s still plenty of more new stuff to come. :smiley:

Even if you’re right regarding the influx of chinese/korean/etc players …
… then that doesn’t change CCP apparently doing this deliberately …
… and it doesn’t look too bad from my perspective.

I guess it’s valid to say that CCP might be balancing the loss of players …
… with calculated influxes** of players.

**(the actual word)

Can you make a thread with eve-offline based graphs about this?

Real world events shape the eve population more than game changes.

2010 to 2020 has been the peak of the great replacement. Your average NA & EU citizen simply cannot afford or have the time to play games all day as they did in 2002. CCP’s baseline customers are at work fighting for their jobs slowly being forced to work longer hours for less income due to immigration. Mechanisation & automation is also going to hammer EVE sub’s, oh the irony for a game developer who so embraced the bot sub ;).

Developing world customers have not yet been enriched to take their place but they are slowly ie, China, India & S.A.

Also mobile game & quick gaming takes an ever increasing slice of the pie, hence CCP creation of Eve Echo mobile game.

It is unresonable to expect real player count to rise, CCP’s focus is on bots, multibox, vanity item sales (skins) & I expect in 2 years after a period of severe in game austerity then CCP will sell in game items for $ &begin a pay to win period.

2 Likes

Mate i wouldn’t bother. You either arguing with fans boys, numpties or CCP alts.

These forums are absolute trash you’re better of on Reddit.

1 Like

When this all is that you have to say …
… then you’re not actually bringing up anything at all.

So … do you have anything else to add?

I agree with you, though.
We’re all better off with you two being on reddit.

2 Likes

Takes a strong and healthy immune system to swim in the sewers.

You typed an awful lot of crap, I assume to make some sort of asinine point, could you just print what it is so we don’t have to look at the rest?

tldr…

1 Like

Yeah, having tens of millions stuck at home or otherwise flat out losing their jobs has led to a higher concurrence of logins to eve.

Literally what was the point of 99% of this post. I don’t even

2 Likes

6 years, you can draw a fairly flat line at 40k. That surge at end of 2016 was introduction of Alphas f2p model with Omega sub. Shortlived.

Future and past would look fairly same without some big changes to the game I think.

1 Like

Yes, but narrative of the character who make the post is: Making farm impossible is good for the game… proof it 's when farm is easy game population decline.

It just a totall forget of a lot of change, and extern impact. And the true problem is in CCP office i m pretty sur some people think like him.It’s why they haven’t understand impact of blackout before, or why they don’t understand why hardly nerf again and again farmer increase you’re population on short term … before a drastic shut down.

Whilst i definitely agree with the overall premise, the increase in safety and dumbing down of eve was responsible for turning the game into an anti-social and uneventful game, and I’m very happy with some of the recent changes trying to rectify that; it’s hard to ignore the effect blackout and international lockdown had on log-in numbers.

(Not that I was concerned by blackout. It was some painful TCP to an infected cut.)

I will say that CCP haven’t gone far enough though. They still need to find a way to foster hi-sec pvp. The game badly needs content creators and that content should be where the vast majority of the players are: hi-sec.

3 Likes

That’s certainly not true for 2020, the average citizen has had nothing but time on their hands for the last 9 months.

CCP’s baseline customers are at work fighting for their jobs

No they’re not, many are sat at home twiddling their thumbs because vast swathes of employers have shut up shop for the duration of the pandemic.

slowly being forced to work longer hours for less income due to immigration.

hello donald, don’t you have a country to ruin within the next 8 weeks?

2 Likes