Status of EVE IPH

Hello fellow industrialists! It’s been about a year since I’ve been in the EVE Universe but I didn’t go far. In June last year I became a dad and it’s eaten up a lot of my time (and money!) so not much time for games and the like. :wink:

However, I’ve been slowly working on IPH when I found time and have always planned to get back to supporting it more when I get more free time opening up. I see that there is still demand for it and I didn’t want it to die in the CREST/API dustbin with the other tools (plus I still plan on playing a bit too). I wanted to give you all a quick status on where I am and what my plans are coming up.

First, ESI is fully implemented. It was quite a bit of work getting it transitioned over but it works well and I can continue to tweak it over time. The ESI switch has been done very well. I’m incredibly impressed with the work CCP did on it and it should be something much easier to use in the future. For those of you wondering, the way I’ve implemented the access tokens is to have users register the app under your account. Then you upload your key information to the program, which I save locally on your computer for use. That way if you ever want to nix access, you have total control.

Second, while ESI is implemented, my main bit of work that isn’t is the new facility work. I see that Upwell Structures are the new norm and I’ve been working on something to be much more dynamic and useful to you all. Here’s a quick screen shot of how the new fitting window looks: https://i.imgur.com/FsGYPar.png You’ll be able to set up a structure fitting with rigs and it will update the calculations and save it for the common categories of manufacturing, invention, etc.

The main hold up is that I basically deleted all the old facility code to implement the new stuff (trust me this is way better). Most of the work is done but now I’m updating all the old code to use the new facility system I created. This should allow me to make changes, fix bugs, etc. with facilities much quicker than before as well.

So right now, I’m working on getting the facilities up and running. Then I have some other maintenance issues with the other supporting code to clean up before we should all be back to using IPH again. Hope to have something to you soon!

9 Likes

That’s really good to hear. :smiley:

Dude, thank you. By far this is one of the strongest community tools and its loss, not to mention the loss of you as a dev, would have been truly unfortunate.
Been creeping your github so I see you’ve been at something but this update is so reassuring, ty o7

great news!!!

You sir are a hero 07

o7 hooray, EVE IPH was the biggest contributor to my industrial career.
Thank you

Hey buddy is there any progress or update on how this is going? Love the program and would love to keep using it and teh direction your going with the update seems to be a great one. Looking forward to getting my hands on it

Good to hear that this tool is beeing updated in the near future.

After 5 years back into eve this tool helped a lot to get good profit running and to have the isk for even more funny parts of EvE.

So take the time you need. And thanks for your efford.

This is great news. IPH is my favourite tool and I’m so glad it’s being updated. Thank you Zifrian and congratulations on becoming a dad!

I just loaded up IPH and there was an update (yay). But it is not going smoothly

I have not used any of these new secure sign on mechanisms so a few questions/comments

1. Skip Entry button just errors and dies for me
  2. the Instructions button sends me to invalid page (http://eveiph.github.io/ESIAuthorizationInstructions.html)

I am sure if the instructions page was there all my questions would be answered.

1. Do I register as authentication and API access. I assume I do so I tried this.
  2. WHat permissions/scopes are needed. I selected the 8-10 most obvious ones.
  3. I can’t do anything without a CALLBACK URL. and I have no idea what to enter there.

#5 stops me from going forward, but hopefully no more questions once I can register the application.

Edit: Include error info from Skip Entry

An Unhandled Exception has occured and EVE Isk per Hour will now close.

Please fill out the following information so I can reproduce the bug

What is your Operating System?
What tab or screen did the error occur?
What are the steps to reproduce the Error?
Web link to a screenshot of your error:
In addition to a screenshot, copy the data below and send to developer.

Source: System.Data.SQLite
table ESI_CHARACTER_DATA has 23 columns but 15 values were supplied
Raw Error Text: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): SQLite error
table ESI_CHARACTER_DATA has 23 columns but 15 values were supplied
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader…ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.DBConnection.ExecuteNonQuerySQL(String SQL)
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.Character.LoadDummyCharacter()
at EVE_Isk_per_Hour.frmLoadESIAuthorization.btnSkipEntry_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Error Tracking: INSERT INTO ESI_CHARACTER_DATA VALUES (0,‘None’,0,‘1/1/2200 12:00:00 AM’,‘M’,1,8,9,‘None’,‘No Token’,‘1/1/2200 12:00:00 AM’,‘None’,‘No Token’,‘No Scopes’,‘1’)

Hmm, might want to wait for me to finish updating the program. :wink:

I’ve had to make a lot of changes and I’m working through debugging on the updater, so it’s not going to work.

Soon, I promise!

Please use this thread for any other replies: EVE Isk Per Hour Industry Program - Version 4.0

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.