Strange buy orders

(Nunosh) #1

Just found a couple of buy orders that I can’t understand on a market perspective, maybe you can help me:

F-90 Compact Sensor Booster usually bought around 1600/1700isk on the below hubs:

buy order in Amarr for 7500 units @600k isk
buy order in Hek for 5000 units @800k isk

(also found another 2 diff items with 2 buy orders in Rens and Dodixie with this huge discrepancy regarding the usual market price but I can’t remember the items)

(Li Tavian) #2

Just today I ran across a single run BPC of a ship selling for 80 mil. The ship itself sells for under 50 mil all over. Another contract had two of the same BPC’s priced at 800 mil.

(Nunosh) #3

At Dodixie 10mn Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner that usually have buy orders at 1265isk, today have abuy order for 4500 items @900k isk … and the sell orders are placed with the regular price around 89k

market manipulation or something that i’m not understanding?

(Dirty Bint) #4

People margin trade scamming. Check the contracts of some of the people trying to scam in local.

(Nunosh) #5

sometimes when I see all those scammers at local chat I just try to imagine how they are in real life, wonder if they are also desonest as well

(Chocolate Pickle) #6

@Nunosh, look at the Min Quantity for those orders.

(Nunosh) #7

I noticed the minimum qtty, but for me the strange is really the price on those purchase orders

(z0rberg) #8

The word you’re looking for is “dishonest” and i suggest not thinking that way. people need to make money. scammers bet on greedy people making stupid decisions, so it’s more a form of natural selection. i wouldn’t run around killing people in real life for fun, even if i was allowed to, yet it’s my favourite hobby in the game. Good and Evil are just a matter of perspective anyway.

think about it this way: there’s a way for making money passively and people take advantage of it. for them you’d be a fool wasting your time mining (as example), which nets you a low income for the time you have to put into it.

(Nunosh) #9

Nevertheless they are still scammers and dishonest (being in Paris, thinking in portuguese and writing in English sometimes give us the ability of inventing new words lol), but I also agree with you regarding the greed issue

Anyway, my doubt was the purchase orders place on market, not the chat scammers since I hardly look at local de to spammers. I just found weird to see buy orders with huge prices on itens that always trade at low price (more than 400x the average price)

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.